PDA

View Full Version : Player Help A ultimate buff Bard

Diegodod
2018-12-06, 09:42 PM
Hi, in the last game i have, we sommoned a entity and he gived us habillitys.

He gived his vocal chords tome now I have:
1/hour you can do a act(sing) test CD 10 initially. every 5 CD up 10 you Recover 1 magic slot of the equivalent spell. and +10 Solo act(sing)

10-15 0lv spell
16-20 1lv spell
21-25 2lv spell
26-30 3lv spell
31-35 4lv spell
36-40 5lv spell
41-45 6lv spell
46-50 7lv spell
51-55 8lv spell
56-60 9lv spell

in this Momment I am: changeling Bard 5/MindBander 1 ,82 attributes ,5 feats, 10k PG (I used 3k for the ritual)
He allows me to change the build , but i have to keep the race and the class.
my first focus was to use a diplomacy and bluff build becouse the campain is
investigative, low combate.

u guys have some progression, feat and tips to help?

ty u guys

Kayblis
2018-12-07, 06:03 AM
Can you recover the spells for someone else? It's really better to have spells from a full progression class instead of trying to simulate it. If not, look up Sublime Chord and get it as soon as possible, as it completes Bard progression up to 9th-level spells. Having the opportunity to reallocate your skillpoints makes this easy.

Other than that, you should really invest into skill items. They aren't as expensive as other boosts, a +5 Skill item costs 2,5k and a +10 costs 10k. Get one for your Perform of choice.

Diegodod
2018-12-07, 08:59 AM
Can you recover the spells for someone else? It's really better to have spells from a full progression class instead of trying to simulate it. If not, look up Sublime Chord and get it as soon as possible, as it completes Bard progression up to 9th-level spells. Having the opportunity to reallocate your skillpoints makes this easy.

Other than that, you should really invest into skill items. They aren't as expensive as other boosts, a +5 Skill item costs 2,5k and a +10 costs 10k. Get one for your Perform of choice.

No i can't, just me. This is my first time playing Bard. some idia of good feats to use?

Kayblis
2018-12-07, 09:59 AM
The Melodic Casting feat lets you roll Perform in place of Concentration checks. That's a feat for always auto-succeeding in Concentration checks, which aren't very high but are necessary for casters.
Haunting Melody lets you leave a target shaken(Will negates) any time you use Perform checks, including Bardic Music.
Metamagic Song lets you use Bardic Music uses to pay for metamagic. Combine this with a couple good MM.
Words of Creation is just mean, pick it if you're allowed.

Telonius
2018-12-07, 10:43 AM
It really depends on what books you can use. Most of the really powerful Bard builds need things from a lot of different sources. If you only have the Players' Handbook, you'll have fewer options. If things like Tome of Magic, the Completes series (Complete Arcane, Complete Adventurer, Complete Mage...), Frostburn, and a few others, you'll have a lot more to go on.

Melodic Casting (from Complete Mage) is probably the single most important feat you can take as a Bard. It lets you cast spells while maintaining your Bardic Music. For buffing, Song of the Heart (from the Eberron Campaign Setting) can do nicely.

noob
2018-12-07, 11:45 AM
No i can't, just me. This is my first time playing Bard. some idia of good feats to use?

A rather good feat is iron will: with that feat you can take the ur priest prestige class.
But you should use the oytug hole to get iron will like a normal person.
Once you have enough levels in ur priest you get the ability to sacrifice two spell slots to recover a spell of a bit higher level which might combine well with your power.
Also take versatile spell caster: nothing says you have to cast spells from a spontaneous class nor that you have to use spell slots from a spontaneous class to cast the spells.
so with versatile spell caster and ur priest you will be able to get access to a lot of high level cleric spells which will make you good at boosting allies because you can pick exactly the right boost spell for the situation among all the cleric boosts.

Diegodod
2018-12-07, 02:31 PM
It really depends on what books you can use. Most of the really powerful Bard builds need things from a lot of different sources. If you only have the Players' Handbook, you'll have fewer options. If things like Tome of Magic, the Completes series (Complete Arcane, Complete Adventurer, Complete Mage...), Frostburn, and a few others, you'll have a lot more to go on.

Melodic Casting (from Complete Mage) is probably the single most important feat you can take as a Bard. It lets you cast spells while maintaining your Bardic Music. For buffing, Song of the Heart (from the Eberron Campaign Setting) can do nicely.

I can use all books less DmG.