PDA

View Full Version : Can Rebuking Breath Control Undead

Gwyllgi
2018-12-07, 07:50 AM
I was wondering it the Rebuking Breath feat from draconomicon gave the user the ability to control undead aswell, like is controlling undead simply a choice after the act of Rebuking is accomplished?

AnimeTheCat
2018-12-07, 08:37 AM
going out on a limb here, as I've not read the feat in question, and say that it probably depends and even then I could be wrong.

If rebuking breath functions exactly like rebuke undead but just changes the delivery method, then probably yes as the control undead function is just if you have 2x the cleric levels of the undead you're trying to rebuke.

If rebuking breath gives specific rules to how it functions, probably no as it's specific rules and limitations are defined in the feat itself.

If rebuking breath is like so many other feats and written very poorly, just consult your DM and see what they say. If you bring a +1 6-Pack of their favorite adult beverage or a +1 Pizza of coercing, you may be able to sway them in your favor for a positive ruling that you're looking for.

Necroticplague
2018-12-07, 08:49 AM
Er, can you cite this feat's page? When I look through Draconomicon myself, the only Rebuking Breath I can find is a spell where the answer is very obviously 'no'.

DeTess
2018-12-07, 08:52 AM
Yeah, the spell very clearly states that the undead are 'rebuked' and explains what that means. Rebuking undead and commanding undead are separate functions of the 'rebuke undead' cleric feature, and anything that doesn't reference this feature and states that you rebuke undead causes the effect of being 'rebuked'