PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Solo Pathfinder

VelociRapture12
2018-12-07, 11:31 AM
Hello GitP! I am getting ready to participate in a solo pathfinder campaign and was wondering what class/classes are good choices for such an endeavor. I am used to running magic users with the Arcanist being my favorite, and Warpreist at a close second! However I have always played in a group of at least four so any new ideas would be appreciated!

exelsisxax
2018-12-07, 11:35 AM
Hello GitP! I am getting ready to participate in a solo pathfinder campaign and was wondering what class/classes are good choices for such an endeavor. I am used to running magic users with the Arcanist being my favorite, and Warpreist at a close second! However I have always played in a group of at least four so any new ideas would be appreciated!

Gestalt, because the standard adventure has a lot of problems to solve and not even prepared fullcasters can do everything on the same day. Arcanist on one side gives you room for any martial on the other side so you don't die instantly from a failed fort save or one good damage roll from a big monster.

Elricaltovilla
2018-12-07, 12:27 PM
Druid or Summoner are good choices because they have casting and minions to help with action economy, can heal themselves and have decent skills.

Inquisitors or clerics with the right domains are similar. Alchemist or Investigators are also durable, casty and have great skills to use. Your biggest concerns are managing the action economy, having enough skills to supplement your spells and access to healing so you don't die.

VelociRapture12
2018-12-07, 01:17 PM
So I am leaning towards Arcanist//Slayer. Any good Ideas for feats or archetypes to look at?

RoboEmperor
2018-12-08, 01:43 AM
Just buy Guard Dogs and have em kill everything. They're only 25gp each.
Then buy Heavy Warhorses (400gp) or Riding Dogs (150gp).
All three animals are pre-trained so with a DC 10 Handle Animal Check you can have them Guard you 24/7 all day everyday.

These animals should carry you all the way until you get 4th level spells at which point you just solo the game with them.

The Insanity
2018-12-08, 11:36 PM
Hire NPCs? Playing solo as a player doesn't mean you have to be alone as a PC.

HouseRules
2018-12-09, 12:52 PM
Play like a Party based CRPG where the lone player controls multiple PC. Make 4-6 PCs and control all of them. Try to have different personality with each of them is difficult since you're talking to yourself, but not impossible.

Biguds
2018-12-09, 01:31 PM
I'd like to point at the Medium.
If it's not a fast paced adventure, you're a one-man party.
Combine with the leadership-like feats that give you a cohort and you'll be good.