PDA

View Full Version : Taking 15 with Psionic Focus

kamikasei
2007-09-21, 05:11 PM
I had somehow formed the impression that you could expend psionic focus to let you "take 15" on a skill check. Consulting the SRD, however, I can only see this described for Concentration. Am I in fact mad, or is there some option I'm missing to do this for all skills?

Fax Celestis
2007-09-21, 05:16 PM
I had somehow formed the impression that you could expend psionic focus to let you "take 15" on a skill check. Consulting the SRD, however, I can only see this described for Concentration. Am I in fact mad, or is there some option I'm missing to do this for all skills?

Nope, just on Concentration checks. But this makes having Psionic Focus as a Diamond Mind-centric character particularly awesome.

kamikasei
2007-09-21, 05:33 PM
Well, shoot. That scuppers the idea I'd been brewing, but I guess I can cobble together a homebrewed replacement. Thanks!

Fax Celestis
2007-09-21, 05:43 PM
IIRC, there's a feat somewhere that lets you "take 12".

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-09-21, 06:03 PM
But this makes having Psionic Focus as a Diamond Mind-centric character particularly awesome.
And all you need for getting Psionic Focus is power points! Take the proper race selection, a one level dip, or a feat, and you're set. :smallbiggrin:

goat
2007-09-21, 06:29 PM

There's one in CSc that lets a Rogue take 12 on anything they've taken under skill mastery.

Person_Man
2007-09-21, 07:03 PM

Savvy Rogue. Complete Scoundrel.

OneWinged4ngel
2007-09-21, 07:23 PM
There's one in CSc that lets a Rogue take 12 on anything they've taken under skill mastery.

Wow. A new way to get +2 skill points to a couple of skills!

Wait, did anyone take those feats the first time? When you didn't have to get them at high level when they matter even less? And you didn't already have such high skill ranks in addition to investing in a class ability that already makes it nigh-impossible for you to fail most skill checks?

Edit: Well, now that I'm actually looking at the feat, I see that it does a little more than that (thank goodness... if all it did was work like that with Skill Mastery it would be completely unredeemable)

Fax Celestis
2007-09-21, 07:30 PM
Wow. A new way to get +2 skill points to a couple of skills!

Wait, did anyone take those feats the first time? When you didn't have to get them at high level when they matter even less? And you didn't already have such high skill ranks in addition to investing in a class ability that already makes it nigh-impossible for you to fail most skill checks?

Edit: Well, now that I'm actually looking at the feat, I see that it does a little more than that (thank goodness... if all it did was work like that with Skill Mastery it would be completely unredeemable)

Yeah. The feat itself is pretty good, because it automatically updates itself if and when you get a new Rogue ability.