PDA

View Full Version : What If? What if The Wizard Yydranna returns? (SoD)

Goblin_Priest
2018-12-07, 07:27 PM
And ruthlessly crushes Xykon, thus ending the menace of Team Evil once and for all. :smallbiggrin:

The Pilgrim
2018-12-07, 08:15 PM
Unless she has gone Undead, she should be long dead already. And two liches in this story would be one lich too many.

Caerulea
2018-12-08, 03:20 PM
Unless she has gone Undead, she should be long dead already. And two liches in this story would be one lich too many.

If she is strong enough to easily defeat Xykon, she should have methods of life extension (Epic seed: Fortify springs to mind). But it would be really anticlimactic to have some wizard most of the readers don't know about show up and solve everything.

hroşila
2018-12-08, 05:15 PM
And ruthlessly crushes Xykon, thus ending the menace of Team Evil once and for all. :smallbiggrin:
I'd be disappointed if she didn't try.

Grey Watcher
2018-12-08, 05:42 PM
I'd be disappointed if she didn't try.

I made my Spot check for what you did there.

TRH
2018-12-08, 05:43 PM

Maybe she's the immortal with a Dorian Grey portrait in the rec room. Xykon must have seen that work for someone to recommend it, right?

Goblin_Priest
2018-12-08, 06:44 PM
Wait, how old in Xykon right now, anyways? He was old when he became a Lich, but not near-death old, I believe?

hroşila
2018-12-08, 07:08 PM
Wait, how old in Xykon right now, anyways? He was old when he became a Lich, but not near-death old, I believe?
He's around 104. He was 76 when he became a lich. Redcloak was very much worried that Xykon could die soon, which is why he researched lichdom in the first place. And mechanically, Redcloak had every reason to worry.

Ron Miel
2018-12-09, 04:39 AM
I've always thought that their parting words in SOD were a Checkhov's gun that would be followed up later. I think she will return in the next book, or maybe in another prequel, but won't be the one that destroys Xykon.

The Pilgrim
2018-12-09, 05:54 AM
Yydranna will return alongside Redcloak's niece and Master Fyron's son to deliver the final blow that undones Xykon once and for all.

Caerulea
2018-12-09, 12:04 PM
Yydranna will return alongside Redcloak's niece and Master Fyron's son to deliver the final blow that undones Xykon once and for all.
You forgot that MitD will reveal himself, swallow Redcloak, and give the Phylactery to O-Chul, who will then destroy it. (how?)

Kish
2018-12-09, 12:13 PM
You forgot that MitD will reveal himself, swallow Redcloak, and give the Phylactery to O-Chul, who will then destroy it. (how?)
With his hands.

PopeLinus1
2018-12-15, 11:55 AM
With his hands.

Don't be ridiculous, with V's gender.

martianmister
2018-12-15, 03:48 PM
Why would she do that? She was treating him kindly in the last time we seen her.

Caerulea
2018-12-15, 09:53 PM
Why would she do that? She was treating him kindly in the last time we seen her.

If I ever see you again, I'll have to ruthlessly crush you.

:xykon:I'd be disappointed if you didn't try.

She said she would. Also, she may still be working for the unholy master.