PDA

View Full Version : Need help with making some Precons for a Asian inspired D&D game

Jcp1195
2018-12-07, 10:30 PM
As the subject says, I'm working on a Homebrew game for some friends of mine while our other DM is getting his longer-running game ready to be played. The game I'm planning is a fairly short narrative adventure that's going to feed into my next campaign whenever that comes around.

I've been itching for a more Asian influenced game (Most of the games my group runs usually falls under Norse, European, or Greek influenced) and I've got the map and backbones of the story ready I just need help coming up with some Character ideas for my party.

After some consideration I decided to base the party off of the main cast of Journey to the West. This is a Four person party and the party is starting at level 10 and ending at 17+. (Stats have been decided, I'll list them below. I wanted to arrange them like the original characters. The names will be changed when the game is ready to run, for now I'm just going to label them by their Character names).

Also feats and ABIs have not been applied yet, I'm leaving those to the discretion of the players:

Xuanzang Sanzang: Female Human, 8 Str, 16 Dex, 14 Con, 18(+1) Int, 19(+1) Wis, 16 Chr

Zhu Baije: Male Orc (using Half-Orc Racials), 20(+2) Str, 10 Dex, 18(+1) Con, 8 Int, 14 Wis, 18 Chr

Sun Wukong: Male Vaanara, 16 Str, 20(+2) Dex, 16 Con, 14 Int, 15(+1) Wis, 16 Chr

Sha Wujing: Human Male, 19(+1) Str 15 Dex, 19(+1) Con, 8 Int, 12 Wis, 12 Chr

Maan
2018-12-08, 04:06 AM
For sources, I'd say Legend of the Five Rings is a very good bet.
The setting is heavily borrowing from Japan, with influences from the rest of Asia. There's also a wiki online about the setting, histories, characters, etc.

By the way: if you want to run an asian campaign, that game is very good on its own.