PDA

View Full Version : Arcane classes that can Cast Restoration

Yogibear41
2018-12-08, 04:20 AM
Looking for arcane classes that are capable of casting Restoration/similar spells.

So far I know about Death Master and Knight of the Weave for lesser restoration, Knight of the Weave, Fatemaker, and the Taker(Dragon magazine) for regular Restoration.

Wondering if there are any other arcane classes that can cast this spells.

Not looking for things like Arcane Discipline, looking for classes that naturally have it on their list.

Okay with 3rd party stuff to as long as you tell me the book name.

ben-zayb
2018-12-08, 05:47 AM
Chameleon might be the easiest one to get into, if by"arcane class" you mean any class with arcane spellcasting and if by "arcane disciple" you mean splat diving to force spells into a spell list.

Crake
2018-12-08, 06:39 AM
does casting limited wish to duplicate restoration count?

Quertus
2018-12-08, 09:11 AM
Arcane Spellcaster, from Unearthed Arcana, is my goto class for Arcane spells (as I like to use Tainted Sorcerer to remove expensive components).

ShurikVch
2018-12-09, 09:09 AM
How about the Brass Dragon monstrous class (Dragon #320)?

EDIT:
For the 3rd-party example - Spellsinger from the Kingdoms of Kalamar (Player's Guide to the Sovereign Land)

Anthrowhale
2018-12-09, 09:27 AM
A Rainbow Servant could do it, potentially as early as level 11 with sufficient early access.

Edit: Silver Pyromancer could also work via something like Wizard 7/Sacred Exorcist 1/Silver Pyromancer 1 by level 9.

Yogibear41
2018-12-11, 07:52 PM
How about the Brass Dragon monstrous class (Dragon #320)?

EDIT:
For the 3rd-party example - Spellsinger from the Kingdoms of Kalamar (Player's Guide to the Sovereign Land)

My kingdoms of kalmar book has spellsingers using the same spell list as sorcerers/wizards, am I missing something?

ViperMagnum357
2018-12-11, 08:43 PM
My kingdoms of kalmar book has spellsingers using the same spell list as sorcerers/wizards, am I missing something?

The update to KOKPGTTSL in 2006 changes a few things, including the Spellsinger getting access to some Cleric spells: among them, all three restoration spells. Keep in mind the ambiguous wording, which suggests the Spellsinger casts spells as arcane or divine depending on which list they are drawn from; so depending on DM fiat the class may not qualify.

Thurbane
2018-12-11, 09:22 PM
You can also access Restoration using the Restoration Domain (DCS, p. 104), through the usual methods (Arcane Disciple feat, Domain Sorcerer ACF etc.). The main hurdle here is that technically no deities offer this domain...

Just re-read the OP.

flappeercraft
2018-12-11, 09:27 PM
You can also access Restoration using the Restoration Domain (DCS, p. 104), through the usual methods (Arcane Disciple feat, Domain Sorcerer ACF etc.). The main hurdle here is that technically no deities offer this domain...

That can be solved via worshipping the Elder Evil Sertrous IIRC

Thurbane
2018-12-11, 09:30 PM
A dip into Impure Prince (MoE p.73) also adds restoration to your spell list (along with some other spells).

Just re-read the OP.

Yogibear41
2018-12-11, 11:25 PM
The update to KOKPGTTSL in 2006 changes a few things, including the Spellsinger getting access to some Cleric spells: among them, all three restoration spells. Keep in mind the ambiguous wording, which suggests the Spellsinger casts spells as arcane or divine depending on which list they are drawn from; so depending on DM fiat the class may not qualify.

I see I have the 3.0 version, I found the 3.5 online, off topic but are there any other books that got updated for Kalamar ?

ViperMagnum357
2018-12-12, 09:25 AM
I see I have the 3.0 version, I found the 3.5 online, off topic but are there any other books that got updated for Kalamar ?

I only have that one, the setting book-which is 3.0 yet entirely fluff-and Dangerous Denizens, which is 3.0 with no errata or updates I could find. I know there are quite a few other books I do not have, but I have not been able to find any that were reasonably priced and not held by shady sellers, so I could not help you with the rest. In any case, when people are talking about Kingdoms of Kalamar, in my experience 99% of the time they refer to material in the Player's Guide.

Anthrowhale
2018-12-12, 09:58 AM
One more is the generic spellcaster (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/genericClasses.htm#spellcaster).

Efrate
2018-12-12, 11:13 AM
Is it actual casting of restoration you want or just the benefits? Cause a dip in binder or strongheart vest gives most of the benefits.

Thurbane
2018-12-12, 03:24 PM
Maybe it's to put in an Eternal Wand? If so, Healer with Southern Magician, Geomancer or Alternate Source Spell may work.