PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Sorcerers dipping into Order?

Citadel97501
2018-12-08, 07:16 AM
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone else finds a Buffing Sorcerer with the Order Domain from a 1 level dip in cleric to be as incredible as I do?

You get a number of bonus spells, the least of which are the domain spells. Voice of Authority, is built for buffing clerics but it works for you to. You also can move around your 1st level spell choices for cleric every day, providing even more versatility for a sorcerer. Your also a ritual caster for cleric spells. It just seems to me that your gaining a LOT of benefits out of this dip, that makes it more than worth the 13 wisdom.

This also provides you with heavy armor proficiency, and shields which will let you keep running those concentration checks. Especially since I kind of kept Charisma lower than I would for a blaster, as I don't really need as much.

ToastyTobasco
2018-12-08, 12:22 PM
Is Order an UA domain?

HappyDaze
2018-12-08, 02:58 PM
Is Order an UA domain?

See the Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica.

Wildarm
2018-12-08, 03:37 PM
Not any more exceptional than Wizard. I assume you're dipping for the 1st level ability to grant a bonus attack. It's a nice bonus but doesn't have a ton of synergy TBH. I think you generate more 1st level slots with the wizards arcane recovery than sorcerer points. If you're spamming Healing Word to grant allies extra attacks as a bonus action, I'd say stick with wizard. You still get the armor proficiency which is solid for a wizard too.

I guess I tend to consider Wizards better than Sorcerers in general due to their very limited spell list. Dipping cleric helps with that but only for 1st level spells and rituals(which take up one of your prepared spells).

Mr.Spastic
2018-12-09, 12:13 AM
You are not a "Ritual Caster for clerics" you can only prepare level 1 cleric spells and they have to be prepared to for you to cast them as rituals. This leave you with very little options. The one ones I can thing of off the top of my head are Detect Poison and Ceremony.

Citadel97501
2018-12-09, 05:45 AM
You are not a "Ritual Caster for clerics" you can only prepare level 1 cleric spells and they have to be prepared to for you to cast them as rituals. This leave you with very little options. The one ones I can thing of off the top of my head are Detect Poison and Ceremony.

Sadly your right, I guess I will have to take Ritual Caster: Wizard...not that I mind in the slightest. I also definitely see the benefits of going the Wizard/Cleric route instead of Sorcerer.