PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas on how to roleplay a Kirin transformed into an Aasimar!

triggers
2018-12-08, 03:03 PM
I'm joining a new campaign soon and since I love warlocks and just recently came across the celestial patron I decided to go with that.

My character concept:
All Kirins once experience something in the line of the Amish Rumspringa where they are transformed into an Aasimar and sent to the material plane. There they will live and act as a living being and experience mortality with the hope of finding newfound respect for the divine order and why the lawful good life at Mt Celestia is the prime and ideal that all of the multiverse should strive for.
So my character will wake up with some recollection of his true origins but the memory of his Kirin-self rapidly vanishing. Though he is not without powers and is being watched and tutored by the Primarch-Kirin, the celestial whom once created him (the warlock patron i.e.).
For fluff my character will have some alien features in line with the Kirin heritage and always use Disguise Self to look like a regular human being. In the world he'll present himself as a cleric.
One idea I had is that the more lawful good he is the more Kirin features he'll get and thus eventually reverting back to a Kirin and sucessfully complete his Rumspringa and be accepted back to the divine society of Kirin-Kin.
And on the flipside, any acts in the direction of another alignment will reduce the Kirin features resulting in him turning into a real human. Pinoccio style.
-------------------------------------------
Now back to my original thread question, how do you think I should roleplay this character which in a lot of ways are direct from the womb but a grown man, with a previous state of mind of a celestial being?
Note: English is my second language.