no. . .:smallfrown:

BRC
2007-09-21, 08:38 PM
This made me die a little inside

de-trick
2007-09-21, 09:01 PM

sorry been awhile since I played a elf or a wizard

I was thinking on the lines grew up on evermeet, studied in the tower of sun and moon, wanted to learn every spell he can so he never specialized, after learning about the high elven magic of yesteryear decided to see the other sources of magic, when he first came to the main land he went exploing and found a dead magic area and he was scared that all his arcane power was gone.... and so on

crimson77
2007-09-21, 10:58 PM

I agree with Bloddyredcommie, part of the fun of playing a character is making up the history of the character. However, I do understand not playing in a campaign before and how hard it can be to feel that you fit into the world.

My first advice to you would be to go outside for a walk and pretend you are your character, what do you like or dislike? What would you do if an Orc jumped out in front of you? What type of family do you have? etc.

If you find yourself generating nothing then here is wizards NPC background generator (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20010112e). Do not get too excited, it is rather bland.

Rogue 7
2007-09-21, 11:04 PM
New here...
Is there a generic background thread? If not, I've got a few ideas for a cleric I've made (first D&D campaign as a matter of fact), and I'd like to bounce them off some people.

crimson77
2007-09-22, 01:59 AM
I'd like to bounce them off some people.

bounce away

Shas aia Toriia
2007-09-22, 06:27 AM
Rogue, normally one would just start a new thread for this, but you're new, so feel free to bounce.

Miraqariftsky
2007-09-22, 07:59 AM
Read the novels, bub. Methinks nobody could fail to be inspired or at least pick up some ideas from ye good ol' books.

I was thinking on the lines grew up on evermeet, studied in the tower of sun and moon, wanted to learn every spell he can so he never specialized, after learning about the high elven magic of yesteryear decided to see the other sources of magic, when he first came to the main land he went exploing and found a dead magic area and he was scared that all his arcane power was gone.... and so on

A-hey! You've already got something in the works! Heh, sounds Richard Baker-ish. He's a good one... have ye read The Last Mythal trilogy?

de-trick
2007-09-22, 09:23 AM
no, but think I will. But I played a mythal adventure, even saved a plane, and even held a plane in my hand

also I think ill make this a general background page

Rogue 7
2007-09-22, 05:09 PM
Aright, let's see. I'm playing a Level 5 Neutral Good Cleric of Kord, with strength and luck as chosen domains. Our GM gave us an insane amount of cash to start with, so he's got a flaming greatsword (Kord's weapon of choice).

The way I see it, he's the son of a fairly high-ranking general/captain/whatever in some army somewhere (It'll probably have a name once I know more about the world I'm playing in). The greatsword's a family heirloom, which Erkenbrand's(I know it's an LOTR name, but it's a homage, not a ripoff:smalltongue: ) father took from the corpse of a goblin general he had slain.

So, Erkenbrand's lifetime army, and worships Kord as a result, and he's army-type, if not really a veteran. Not too tightly wound, but military formality and the like will probably be pretty important to him. He's on a quest to save the world and is excited about that. That's about all I've got. I'm thinking of taking a few levels of the prestige class warpriest, just because I like the image and think it fits with the character, but I've heard it's pretty lousy, so I might only take a few levels just so I can call him a warpriest.

KillianHawkeye
2007-09-22, 07:50 PM
Just call him a warpriest. You don't have to have the class to use the name, if it fits the character already. If I made a Fighter/Rogue who wielded a rapier and used weapon finesse, he could call himself a swashbuckler and nobody would call him out on it.