PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Ambush Hunter for Solo Campaign, please help fill in the gaps

Krazzman
2018-12-09, 11:04 AM
I can finally try out some PoW material for the first time. My excitement is immeasurable... sadly there is no guide for the Ambush Hunter to help me decide.

Since it's a Solo campaign we have decided that the starting stat array is 18 18 16 16 14 14. Garuda-Blooded Aasimar seemed like a good fit for a Ranger that I initially planned to be a Switch-Hitter (although I am not sure about that anymore).

So far I have planned this allocation:

Str 18 , Dex 20 (18+2 race), Con 16, Int 16, Wis 16 (14+2), Cha 14
Traits: Something giving me Diplomacy, Trap Finder, (Maybe Drawback + another)
Feats: Power Attack
Favoured Enemy: ? Magical Beasts/Aberrations (not sure)
Combat Style: Archery? (Solar Wind or one of the other Solar Wind tradition, although I am considering one of the other disciplines and another Combat style because of that)
Stance: Running Hunters Stance (Primal Fury)
Maneuvers: Panthera on the Hunt, Primal Wrath, Curving Ray Shot & Horizon Wind Lancet

But I am now thinking about picking Thrashing Dragon instead of Solar Wind... Golden Lion is sadly of... minor helpfulness since I expect to be alone in quite a few combats. Do you have any recommendations? Is there a way to get one of the more sneak-y supernatural discipline instead of Golden Lion?