PDA

View Full Version : Hexblade. Idea

Hunterx
2018-12-09, 11:50 AM
So with the death of my cleric Malconvoker I have to make a replacement char. The party has since grown and we have the followings.1druid Lv 14, 1 fighter Lv 10 1 Druid Lv 10 1 psion Lv 10 1 sorcerer Lv 10. With all these caster types I thought about debuffing and so Hexblade came to mind. I love the concept of this class and have come up with what I think could be a good debuffer if it pans out. So here is the basic layout

Illumiun Marshal,1 Hexblade 6 Kensai 3
Stats Str 16 Dex 12 Con 16 Wis 14 Int 14 Cha 20 ( both ability scores into Cha)
Feats: lv1 weapon focus Scimitar lv3 combat expertise lv6 ability focus curse lv9 steadfast concentration
Weapon: +1 keen sminitar of curse spewing
Aura motivate Cha
Shadow familier ACF

Attack sequence: move shadow adjacent to enemy, this grants a -2 to AC, saves skills and attacks. Move in strike with scimitar score critical target now takes -4 on attacks saves an skills free action use curse, DC 28 they fail that is -2 to attacks skills saves and damage.

Curse DC 28: 10+1/2 Hexblade+Cha+Cha(aura)+3 (ability focus)+2 from ( signet)

The questions I have 1: Does the build look clean as in no errors 2: does curse spewing,cures and shadow minion stack. 3 aside form going up in levels is there any other way to get move curses per day. I know about the changes that have been pushed forward just don't think they will pass.

Rebel7284
2018-12-09, 12:29 PM
There is a hexblade fix online posted by the original writer of the class. You may want to take a look and see if your DM agrees to it. I often see stuff like hexblade 3/Paladin of Tyranny 3/Ur Priest X for debuffs and some casting.

Efrate
2018-12-09, 01:04 PM
There are also a bunch of curse feats in dragon 339 to give your curses different effects. Worth looking at. Iirc one hoses a particular save by up to plus 8 at higher levels, and stacks with dark companion.

If you are okay to use pf content, dsp path of war expanded has the harbinger which fills a similar role and is vastly superior.

Rebel7284
2018-12-09, 01:16 PM
Also, unselee fey template is amazing for debuff focused characters, but is admittedly a bit cheesy and the LA is deduced from the example character, so there is that.

Hunterx
2018-12-09, 03:32 PM
Ok thanks I know about the changes and will see if the DM will except them. However our DM is a rooster at the best of times, and really likes to handcuff with our builds, because he likes to bring in high level NPCs for him to play with instead of just running the game. I will however look into them.

So I take it that the build looks sound there are no errors ?

Thurbane
2018-12-09, 04:05 PM
You might find some additional tips in a similar concept I discussed a while back: [3.5] Melee/tank debuffer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?126008)