PDA

View Full Version : Alien Invasion III (The Nostromo) discussion thread Mods please move to structured

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-09-21, 08:24 PM
First things first, if a mod would kindly move this to structured games, that would be much appreciated. Secondly, apparently, there's no auto notify list for A.I. games as of current. If you'd like to be on it, I suggest asking Shadow to put you on one as he's now in charge of that sort of thing. Ok, now on with the good stuff.

Anywho, as those of you know who play the game, the theme for A.I. III is Alien(s), and if you didn't, now you do. Now, I'm trying to stay as close to the theme as possible. I know there were a fair number who didn't like the paranoia thing in WW VIII. But, I know that really fits this theme well, so I'm trying to come up with something more along those lines if it will work. Anywho, here are the ideas I've had so far.

1) Roles
A) Crew members (villagers)
B) Mason type role??? (not sure on that yet)
C) Seer type role (same as B, or Ripley)
D) Baner (Ripley)
E) Alien Queen (devilish kind of role)
F) Aliens (WW's)
G Ash (new role)

2) ruleish stuff (for lack of better way to put it)

Ok, first an explanation of the A.Q. and Ash roles. The A.Q. is obviously the head alien, but trying to stay with the theme, I'm not sure that it has any seer abilities. Now if that's the case, then the Ripley role will be the baner, and there will be no seer on either side. What I also envision for the A.Q. is that she has the power (every x number of days) to put a face hugger on someone at night instead of killing them. Several days later, that person then becomes an alien. Ash is one of those roles I've just thought of that is a more auxiliary role. For those of you who aren't familiar with the movie, Ash is an android that works for the science company who's ship they are on. The company wants a live alien specimen brought back for biological weapon research. Now, what I envision for this is that (again every x number of days) Ash is allowed to place a trap to try and catch the A.Q. If she is caught by Ash, and is not found (explanation forthcoming) in (yet again x number of days) Ash escapes with the A.Q. and wins. During this time, the A.Q. can't do anything.

Some other ideas I have is that, since the Aliens are more animalistic, they can coordinate an attack, but only to a certain extent (AKA: communication between you is limited. Now I haven't thought how this will work yet, or if it will, so please keep that in mind). I've also thought of only having the A.Q. at the beginning, and the first night the A.Q. gets a free face hugger which automatically changes that person into an alien without delay. In addition, the A.Q. can also use their normal facehugger ability the first night as well. If that ability is used, I might saying that they find the dead facehugger, so it's known, but I'm not sure yet.

Since I'm seeing it pop up here in some other WW games, I was thinking about using the item idea. How it would work is that, a player could (and again x number of nights) make a search of the ship (or part of). Now, here's where the Ash thing comes in. If the A.Q. is caught, there is a chance of stumbling on the trap. If someone finds it, they have the option of leaving as is, or could set it free (aliens only) or if you have a weapon could kill it. Here are the few item ideas I've had so far
A) Some sort of weapon/pistol (prevents you from getting killed at night)
B) mechanical exoskeleton (something dealing with fighting the A.Q. possibly prevents facehuggers)

Actually, that's about it at the moment for everything. Now, this is still in the thought process and none of this is set and stone, and will/can revise this as I see fit. Now here's where y'all come in. I'd like comments/criticisms on my ideas, and your own ideas on what you might like to see in this game, or how you think things might work best for the game. I really value everyone's comments for this, and really want this to work out and be fun for everyone.

Nibleswick
2007-09-21, 09:39 PM
Maybe the Masons could be something along the lines of the Commissars or Political Officers on ship, and could recruit people into the organization. I can't think of much else at the moment.

Pwenet
2007-09-21, 09:43 PM
Something you may want to consider is expanding the population of the ship. Possibly something along the lines of combining Ash and the Masons, with the Masons being other androids and Ash the chief one.

*Shrugs*

That's all I have at this time.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-09-25, 12:22 PM
Ooooh, can I play a predator?

Traveling_Angel
2007-09-25, 06:28 PM
I agree that the ship should be bigger. Such as having the crew be the masons and the passengers the villagers. Yes, that's shamelessly stolen from pirates, but it works.