PDA

View Full Version : Dm'ing help

TheLlama
2018-12-10, 01:39 AM
So I've been dming for years, and something weird happened last week. I introduced a half demon who was kidnapping villagers to sacrifice. And the PC's decided to help him. Now I have demon worshipping cultists for a group. I'm looking for ideas to expand upon it. Right now the half demon is has up shop in a tomb the pc cleared out earlier. Turning it into a forge. The Town the PC's run is behind them And the idea of a demon pact. they just overthrew their local Lord, and gave his fort to the head of a mercenary band that helped them. I have a small group of paladins clearing out Undead in the cave next to them.
Any other ideas on other things to make this intersting?

Malifice
2018-12-10, 01:47 AM
So I've been dming for years, and something weird happened last week. I introduced a half demon who was kidnapping villagers to sacrifice. And the PC's decided to help him. Now I have demon worshipping cultists for a group. I'm looking for ideas to expand upon it. Right now the half demon is has up shop in a tomb the pc cleared out earlier. Turning it into a forge. The Town PC run is behind them And the idea of a demon pact. they just overthrew their local Lord, and gave his fort to the head of a mercenary band that helped them. I have a small group of paladins clearing out Undead in the cave next to them.

Who has the local Lord sworn fealty to? Presuming some kind of feudal arrangement or similar, then the local Lord is likely a Knight, or (next level up) a Baron or Earl. They all answer to someone higher.

Someone who the PCs just declared war on. They're traitors, murderers and death cultists.

Send in the army, or at least hire some NPCs to bring the PCs to justice, or both.

You cant just march into a town in Feudal England, murder the local Knight or Baron, and not expect the King (and indeed the relatives and friend of the local Lord who wont be happy with this situation) not to do something about it. You've just directly challenged his authority. Just like you or I cant just murder the Mayor of the cities we live in IRL and not expect to get hunted down and sent to Jail for it.

Danaerys takes down the Slavers of Slavers bay. There were plently of people (Order of the Harpy, neighboring kingdoms, the Masters, even many Slaves) that were deeply unhappy about this, and actively led organised resistance against her.

Actions have consequences.

iTreeby
2018-12-10, 01:48 AM
So I've been dming for years, and something weird happened last week. I introduced a half demon who was kidnapping villagers to sacrifice. And the PC's decided to help him. Now I have demon worshipping cultists for a group. I'm looking for ideas to expand upon it. Right now the half demon is has up shop in a tomb the pc cleared out earlier. Turning it into a forge. The Town the PC's run is behind them And the idea of a demon pact. they just overthrew their local Lord, and gave his fort to the head of a mercenary band that helped them. I have a small group of paladins clearing out Undead in the cave next to them.

Rival cults, Druid circles that want to preserve the natural order, a quest for the unholy blade of guf'ma'vin, so the rit may be complete, Kidnap the youngest of an ancient noble lineage (can actually be quite hard if someone was lost at sea but didn't die), protect the leader from all these time travelers who keep coming to kill him.