PDA

View Full Version : Fiend Warlock Aasimar Background Help

Drad1713
2018-12-10, 06:08 PM
I’m creating a fiend Warlock Aasimar urchin. My premis is that his angelic guide is Chaotic Good and his pact Fiend is more neutral Evil. My DM gave me some info on the world stating that the two could be brothers, ie. yin and yang. I want my character to be scrawny and only 15, recommended by dm, with a picture of his mother and only fractured memories of his father. As long as he can remember he’s lived at an orphanage until he was just too curious about who he is/who his parents were. Aside from that I’m completely blank. My last character had a generic backstory since it was my first campaign but I want this one to have endless opportunities for backstory RPing. Any advice???

FringeJacket
2018-12-10, 06:14 PM
Sounds like an Urchin you get some sexy skills and a sweet pet rat to boot

Man_Over_Game
2018-12-10, 06:21 PM
My recommendation is to always picture your character's daily life and work backwards from there.

What are his quirks? What do you picture him doing in crowds, or when nobody's looking? What kind of food does he eat? Does he feel more comfortable warm or cold? Just start filling out some minor questions. Imagine what your party members see when they look at him.

Once you have his habits and personality down, start filling in his thoughts as to why he does those habits. Is he nervous around people because he's worried they'll do something to him, or that he'll do something to them? Does he like the warm because it reminds him of cozy safety? Does he write down notes because he thinks he'll forget, or does he just like leaving behind clues?

Once you have his thoughts, now fill in why he thinks that way. Maybe the warmth helps him forget about the many years he spent in the cold, trying desperately to survive. Maybe he writes down notes because his job was as a Thieves' Guild scout and he was to mark down important clues. Maybe he steals from people because he knows that he does good with the money when others don't, from when his best friends stole from him.