PDA

View Full Version : Shannara: The Ragnarok Foundry IC

Arzanyos
2018-12-11, 04:19 AM
Paranor, The Keep of the Druids

Your newly formed group arrived with great haste the night before, each receiving an enigmatic summons from the Druid Council. Early morning still, a young apprentice named Bremen has led you to a sturdy room in the keep's northeast corner, along the outer wall. Apparently, as urgent as your mission is, it will not be handed down to you by the Ard Rhys, Galaphile.

"You did well to arrive on such short notice." comments Bremen. "I fear master Stor is not quite ready to fully explain your mission, but while you wait, I can answer at least some of the questions you must be having."

Ramsus
2018-12-11, 04:54 AM
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/0f/33/15/0f33155be62ca7890aed6cb33f839d42.jpg
Larimarle Starle (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1767707)
Elf Time Mage
HP: 56/56
Conditions: --
Concentrating On: --

Larimarle immediately steps forwards, smile on her face, and reaches out a hand to shake Bremen's as she says, "It's a pleasure to meet you master Bremen. I, as you know, am Larimarle Starle. Though you or anyone else here is welcome to address me by nickname like Marle, Lari, or Star. And I suppose my first question would be to ask how you did know my identity?" The question, though it could be an accusatory one coming from others, seems to be one of genuine curiosity that is coupled with a wry smile that suggests she's not sure if she'll be getting an answer to.

"I also have a second... well I guess this is a comment more than a question. I didn't think you Druids allowed people such as myself" by which she means non-druid magic users, "in your halls. I don't suppose we'll be getting a tour will we?" This last question also seems to be one she doesn't expect to get a positive answer to, though the tone is kind of like a kid outside the gates of a carnival hoping they'll be allowed in even though they can't pay for a ticket.

The black cat perched on her shoulders just stares intently at the Druid.

Arzanyos
2018-12-11, 05:09 AM
Bremen

The young Druid chuckles as he shakes Larimarle's hand. "Oh, we have certain tricks we use. Not ones you'll get to see on the tour, though." His tone is joking, but he follows up with a clarification. "And yes, you will be allowed at least a small tour of Paranor, even with your... outside magic. In fact, all of you have been picked because of your magic, not in spite of it."

Diceomancer
2018-12-11, 02:54 PM
"I look forward to it." Fabien says in reference to the tour. He had always been curious about what secrets the druids held within these walls, not that he expected them to be given away in the tour. "I'm also curious as to why we were summoned. Something far beyond the usual, no doubt?"

Tymeister
2018-12-11, 11:25 PM
Tasir Krie

It has been an interesting couple of days away from the forge - not necessarily an eventful one, though; Tasir's just never been this far out. Paranor truly was a marvel of engineering - and just seeing it from the outside has the rock troll giddy as a child in a candy shop. And the prospect of a short tour of the premises not long afterwards? Like a child in a really big candy shop.

"I'll be honest, I thought I was being called up to craft some quality metalwork," she pipes up, a telltale chuckle on the tail end of her words. Tasir flashes the world as friendly a smile as her rocky, reptilian features would allow - which is, honestly, quite remarkably friendly after all - and gestures noncommitally at some of the tools she'd brought in with her. "Interesting problems beget interesting solutions, I suppose. Any chance we'll know why you've chosen us this way any time soon?

"Ah, and..." she pauses for a second, peering over at the spot of midnight currently curled about Larimarle's shoulders. Another smile dances across their features, this one even wider than before. "Your cat is adorable! Do they have a name?"

Arzanyos
2018-12-12, 02:21 AM
Bremen

Bremen eyes his hands thoughtfully as the group begins to wonder about their reasons for being chosen. Finally, he responds by pulling a clothed-wrapped jagged shard out of his pocket, showing it to them. "Well, a primer couldn't hurt. See this?" It's small, barely the size of a dagger, and made of a most curious material indeed. "One side is ordinary stone, centuries old. The other is some sort of old world metal, but it seems to be brand new. The strangest thing? The sides can't be separated."

Ramsus
2018-12-12, 02:36 AM
Elf Time Mage

Larimarle gives Breman a bright smile at this unexpectedly good news. Then she frowns a bit in confusion at the strange old world metal. That certainly sounded like a tricky mystery to solve. At which point she realized that this was going to be their mystery to solve.

But she still had the troll's question to answer, so she stopped pondering the matter there and turned to reply, "Why yes he does! This is Aurum." At which Aurum looks at the troll and seems to become an even darker black as if a shadow had just fallen across Larimarle's shoulder. Larimarle continues and says with a smile, "He thanks you for the compliment." Which seems to be very much counter to the stare that seems as if it's trying to bore into Tasir's soul she's getting from the cat. But then Aurum stretches and gives a soft meow and completely, perhaps intentionally(?), ruins the impression that it's not just a normal cat. Although the meow did seem to echo strangely. Though surely that's just an effect of Paranor's long halls. Surely.

Celticbear
2018-12-13, 07:05 AM
Gallador looks around. He hadn't seen the halls of Paranor for nearly... yes two years now. They still held their majesty, the great stone halls. Each inlaid stone could've held a thousand secrets, a thousand faces. Gallador could almost hear what they were saying, all he had to do was chance a listen, chance a gander into the nice smooth stone walls... no, no he could not bring himself to look like a fool in front of his new compatriots. Compatriots who had learned their magic outside the boundaries of this safe haven. They were dangerous. They were not to be trusted. "Foolish!" he chided himself, "The sword has a sickly taint on my mind, must resist!" For all his chiding, Gallador did not hide the fact he disliked most of everyone in the room. For his druid Master, he would go with them. He would be a pair of Paranor's eyes on this venture. He noticed the others were doing introductions, Gallador decided he should give his name as well.

I am Gallador, apprentice to one here in Paranor, recently returned in fact, Gallador spoke curtly.

In all his distrusting inner monologue, however, he had never noticed the dagger.

Arzanyos
2018-12-14, 02:58 AM
Bremen

"Excellent. We well welcome even an apprenticed Druid on this venture." Hearing a tap from inside the room, Bremen hastily re-wrapped the shard, but didn't return it to his pocket. "It is time." He stated with a smile, opening the door to the room and beckoning the party enter.

Inside is a variety of tables and benches holding various scrolls and pieces of equipment, both magical and scientific. Standing over the largest table are two figures. The first is an aged gnome wearing a set of pure white robes. His hands are covered by thick white gloves, and you notice a second pair on his belt, folded over his keys. The second figure is taller, a muscular elf wearing leather armor, with a longbow slung across his shoulder. His face is significantly less kindly than the gnome's. It's faint, but you can feel a faint crackle of magic emanating from both of the pair. They are both druids.

Bremen strides in to take his place next to them, sweeping his hand in introduction. "I introduce you to Master Stor and Archer Parn. The will give you the details of your mission." He then places the shard from earlier on the table, next to a few gathered curiosities; a small obsidian skull, a piece of parchment in Old Human, sealed with a wolfs-head sign, and a small, pointed metal cylinder. "By the way, Master Stor, they confirmed it. Faerie magic."

Ramsus
2018-12-14, 04:48 AM
Elf Time Mage

"Faerie magic and old world relics? Isn't this interesting?" Larimarle says in a conspiratorial tone to the others, though not so quiet the druids can't easily hear her.

Celticbear
2018-12-14, 09:38 AM
Gallador follows inside, a hand on his sword. He had to squeeze the hilt to tell it to be quiet, to quit sending him fool notions. It never listened. He looked to Larimarle, and said, It is dangerous and life threatening. What is so interesting about a maw of a large force closing in around you going for the kill? We are on an uncertain path, wonderment is akin to foolhardiness here.

Tymeister
2018-12-14, 11:04 AM
Tasir Krie

She must admit, Aurum's response really didn't seem like typical cat behaviour - but it'd be pretty rude to bring it up, and she wasn't raised to be rude troll. Rudeness didn't get you clients, or friends - in most cases, anyway - and what's a little staring-into-your soul between a couple of adventurers of questionably magical origin? "Well, it's a pleasure to meet you both!" And before Tasir could open her mouth to say any more, items of interest were shown and they were being ushered into the next room.

"Cannot be separated, you say? Well, that does seem like an anomaly. I think it might be worth- oh, this is new." It was at that point that they'd have stepped into what Tasir could only describe as a... laboratory, or a workshop, of sorts. Filled with all manner of measuring apparatus and strange, likely intellectual fellows to varying degrees of charismatic severity. Already those curious, golden eyes were skimming over the construction of the curiosities laid out before them - and because of the composition of the room, found themselves naturally drawn to the artefacts on display before the druids. She offers them a smile and an acknowledging nod - and to Gallador also, a bit of a quizzical expression.

Just about as questioning as the face of a rock could ever be, really.

"With all due respect, friend, I'm struggling to grasp how something being dangerous precludes it from being interesting. You're allowed to be careful and curious at the same time, yes?" It's okay to have faith in people sometimes. And with that, and all the subtlety of a falling bag of bricks, Tasir transitions to a much more hushed tone to ask whoever's closest (probably Lari), "Also uh, do you know if we're supposed to bow or something? I'm not really from around here, so I haven't got a clue."

Celticbear
2018-12-14, 12:36 PM
Gallador stares at the rock creature for some time with an unamused expression as he says, The most beautiful flowers in the forest carry a deadly poison, and the most colorful frogs in the swamps will kill you if you touch them. Do not allow yourself to fall to such debauchery, and you need not fear these threats.

After that, Gallador clasps a hand to his chest, still holding his sword (always must hold his sword others could be thinking of stealing it), as he said something in Druidic. Probably an honored greeting.

Ramsus
2018-12-14, 01:06 PM
Elf Time Mage

Larimarle regards Gallador's words and gives him a face that says "Well you're no fun!"

To Tasir she shrugs and whispers back, "No idea. You can bow to me if you like. I'm technically nobility." and gives a playful smile.

Arzanyos
2018-12-14, 07:42 PM
Archer Parn

While Bremen and Master Stor respond appropriately to Gallador's greeting, Parn's deft ears notice confusion in the rest of the group, and he starts to speak, after a pronounced harrumph. "Why so much desire to see the ground? We are not noble enough to warrant bows, only respect. As for danger and curiosity, respect is needed there as well. Seek to understand, while staying aware of danger. Do that, and it will never catch you off guard. Now then, take a look." He gestures to the table of curios. "Anything jump out at you?"

Diceomancer
2018-12-14, 08:32 PM
Fabien steps forward and looks at the writing on the page.

Using Eyes of the Ruinkeeper to be able to read the text.

Arzanyos
2018-12-14, 11:20 PM
In regular, albeit fancy cursive, human: Captain Raleigh,
enclosed are the most comprehensive writings our order could find on the Einherjar Project. The Federation cautions you, though. Any excursions outside the Southland must be made with the utmost discretion.
The rest is in Old Human.
The Once-Men come in a tide without ending. Any war with them is folly. They will drown us out, life for life, until we are no more. Therefore, I propose a solution. Soldiers without life. Warriors who know no pain, no mercy, and no fear. I have begun production of them deep underground, but will await further orders before releasing them. I fear, in our haste, we must unleash a genie for which we have no bottle. Though Project Einherjar will be my masterpiece, I dare say I will not live to see its fulfillment.

To guard against subversion, I do not disclose the location of my facility. Send a man in person to find out.

Ramsus
2018-12-15, 02:44 AM
Elf Time Mage

At the prompting to look at the various items, Larimarle casts her gaze around. She feels her eyes drawn to one of the benches and walks over, pushing aside a stone tablet and picket up the item that was hidden beneath it.
She picks it up and examines it to see that it is a kind of pocket watch somehow made entirely of crystal and yet still functioning. Looking at the details she sees it tracks some unusual times.
The first hand tracks the seasons.
The second hand tracks the phases of the moon (the eight normal phases and blood moon).
The third hand tracks the phases of the sun (dawn, day, dusk, night, eclipse).
The fourth tracks minutes, though rather than ticking along it just seems to gently slide. Putting her ear right up next to it though, she can hear a faint melodic hum.

Diceomancer
2018-12-16, 11:16 AM
"This text. Remarkable. It appears to date back to the Great Wars. It talks of people threatened by those they called 'the Once-Men,' people corrupted by demons - although I don't know if they knew that. Apparently they turned to old world science, and created some new type of soldier, which was not a person. Even though its creators thought it might save them, they were afraid of it. It doesn't were these things were kept, only that it was underground. And apparently it was called the Einherjar Project " Fabien pauses for a moment. "If we could find where they made theses things, the knowledge we could restore to the Four Lands, it would be incredible. A chance to study how the devices of the old world were constructed, even a tiny bit of that knowledge could bring us forward so far!" He pauses again. "Unfortunately we must be cautious, as it seems we are not the only ones interested in this. The Federation seems to have some of information we do. The people who created these things would have given them the best weapons the old world had. If any nation got a hold of those weapons in large number, or the secrets of creating them, they would become nearly unstoppable. Any war that followed would bring devastation to these lands not seen since the Great Wars. While I think we should learn what we can," he sighs clearly reluctant on this last point, "we must prevent anyone for getting their hands on the more destructive aspects of the knowledge, whatever that takes."

Arzanyos
2018-12-17, 05:32 AM
Master Stor and Archer Parn

Smiling thoughtfully, Stor walks to Larimarle, inspecting the watch as well. "A device for a more peaceful time, but I think it will serve you well nonetheless." The gnome closes Larimarle's hands over it, then gestures with his head at the rest of the group.

"Well, that's a welcome surprise." Archer Parn remarks at Fabien. "Hard to find someone who reads Old Human. Sky knows I can't." He raps his fingers impatiently on the table. "Something's missing. Mysterious items scavenged in the Eastland. Writings about Old-World weapons. That all makes sense. It seems someone found this Einherjar Project after all. What's missing is what the devil faerie magic has to do with it."

Celticbear
2018-12-17, 06:37 AM
Devil Fae always seem to find their way here through one form or another, could be any one of you, Gallador hisses to himself, his knuckles going white from clutching his sword at his hip. He stares daggers over at Larimarle, but he seems like an entirely different man when he does so. He shook his head, and put his free hand on his forehead. He then looked away from her with a short growl. He had to be in control.

Ramsus
2018-12-17, 01:09 PM
Elf Time Mage

"I can have it?" Larimarle softly asks Master Stor both delighted and confused, since letting items out of their grasp is the opposite of the way the Druids are usually presented.

Noticing Gallador's glare, Larimarle just gives him a smile and a little wave hello, hardly upset to be equated with mischievous faerie folk.

Arzanyos
2018-12-17, 03:07 PM
Master Stor

"You have agreed to do a great service for us. So yes, you may carry it, at least, for the time." The Druid slips away quickly, before Larimarle notices the pun. He frowns slightly as he notices Gallador's sword and its effect, but says nothing. "Now then, some direction. You have been called to investigate, but not only here. Your true task will be in the Eastlands, to find this "Einherjar Project", and make sure it does not fall into the hands of the unwise. Though we wish you to save as much knowledge as you can, ultimately, the method we leave to you."

Celticbear
2018-12-18, 12:37 PM
Gallador clasped his free hand to his chest in an honored recognition of the old druid's words. He ignored the voices in his head spitting venomous words at him. "The druids horde knowledge for themselves, maybe because its powerful. We should have that power, you and I, YOU AND I!"

We will recover whatever we can for Paranor, have no fear, Gallador said in an entirely different tone than his threat towards Larimarle. He thought he'd have to apologize and explain his horrific conduct to his new traveling companions later. Yes later, they don't need to know of his condition. They could use the information against him- no, Gallador thought. The truth is what they deserved, what any deserved.

Arzanyos
2018-12-18, 02:10 PM
Tasir isn't able to find out much about the weird shard that the group didn't already know, but notes that it's probably part of something much larger, like a door or fence. On the other hand, upon seeing the cylinder, something clicks. It bears a large resemblance to the descriptions of projectiles fired by weapons from before the Great Wars. It seems the vault has been opened, because only a military facility would still have regular bullets, mass-produced guns designed during the Great Wars mostly shot random bits of metal, like muskets.

Tymeister
2018-12-19, 12:07 PM
Tasir Krie

The metallic curios were the ones that drew Tasir's attention the most - everything else was interesting, sure, but none of the oddly-shaped metal bits seemed to really have any sort of functionality on their own - or at least, not until that last little bit of information clicked into place. "See, most of these bits and bobs look like standalone curiosities, but these two things look like they're a part of something else - or meant to be used alongside, anyway. That," she gestures at the metal cylinder with a pointed tip. "Bears some striking resemblance to something I've read about a while back. Specialise ammunition from before the Great Wars. No idea what the shard is, though, it's too small a piece to make out. Are... all of these little mysteries here because they're related to the Einherjar project?"

Arzanyos
2018-12-19, 03:47 PM
Archer Parn

"Possibly. They are all related to danger and chaos hiding in the Eastland. I found them myself, in the Upper Anar. However, while it is surely involved, the Einherjar Project might not be the whole of the troubles."

Diceomancer
2018-12-19, 10:10 PM
Wondering which item involved faerie magic, Fabien reaches out with his magical senses and examines the items. Once he has done that, he asks "So what's all this about faerie magic involved? And what troubles in the Eastland are you speaking of?"

Using eldritch sight to cast detect magic.

Arzanyos
2018-12-20, 12:51 AM
As Fabien reaches out with his sense, he sees glowing auras emanating from the obsidian skull, and the cursive writings on the paper. The shard seems to glow a little on the edges, but its too faint too pick anything out. The bullet is just a normal bullet. As for schools, he can't discern the school of the skull's aura, as it seems to be an older, more primal form of magic. The writings glow with a very weak enchantment effect.

Archer Parn

The elf shrugs noncommittally. "I believe I said earlier that we don't know what role the faerie magic plays in this. As for the trouble, it's the worst kind. The kind where all we get are secondhand reports, because nobody can find survivors. There have been reports of small villages in the Upper Anar being terrorized by some sort of monster. When pressed, though, nobody can remember seeing anything, and their recommendations of witnesses have all disappeared."

Bremen

"That's where you come in. We need people who can analyze the situation and then immediately respond, not some army that will take weeks to stop sitting on there thumbs. As well, we need people who think out of the box, so obviously, Druids are out."

Ramsus
2018-12-20, 01:31 AM
Elf Time Mage

Larimarle unintentionally barks out a "Hah!" of amusement at Brennan's last line and immediately clasps a hand over her mouth in worry that that wasn't entirely appropriate.

Unbeknownst to her, Aurum slunk off her shoulders and has now hopped up right next to the skull and is staring into its eye holes intently.

Celticbear
2018-12-20, 07:01 AM
Gallador was about to raise an indignant finger at Breman's last comment, but Lari's bark of laughter was contagious. Gallador gave out a little chuckle, and went back to brooding in the corner.

Arzanyos
2018-12-21, 02:05 AM
Master Stor

In an effort to get the discussion back on track, or at least away from rampant Druid bashing, Master Stor points out the unusual actions of the cat in the room. "Time is of the essence in matters like these. I suggest we adjourn, and make ready for departure. Bremen can help you with any last minutes supplies you might need, then meet Archer at the north wall. That is, unless Aurum here knows something about that skull we don't."

Ramsus
2018-12-21, 05:04 AM
Elf Time Mage

Only at Master Stor's noting of it does Larimarle notice Aurum's position by the skull. "Sorry!" she says to the druids. Then to the cat she says, "Aurum, what have I told you about play with skulls?" she chides as she picks the cat up.

Tymeister
2018-12-21, 06:49 AM
Tasir Krie

"Well, I don't need any supplies per se, but I do have a suit of chain mail that is severely in need of a home," Tasir pipes up, raising one shoulder to kind of express the bulk of an admittedly overpacked backpack. "Beyond that, where are we being sent off to first? And do we have any clues as to... say, any visual cues that might point to the project? I understand these curios are related to it in some way, but they're not exactly uh, unified in their visual direction."

Arzanyos
2018-12-21, 02:34 PM
Archer Parn

The elf has already started out the door to prepare, but throws a few comments over his shoulder to Tasir. "Nope. I'll be dropping you in the Eastlands, near where the curious were found, and they you just have to figure it out."

Diceomancer
2018-12-21, 06:25 PM
"Is there a village in the area? If not, I'll grab some more provisions before heading out."

Arzanyos
2018-12-22, 02:09 AM
Bremen

"There may be, but don't take chances. I'll take you to the stockroom." He leads Fabien, and anyone else who wants to last-minute shop, away to the stockroom.

Celticbear
2018-12-29, 12:43 AM
Gallador grunts, and begins to move out of the room. Assassins in the shadows, that's what his sword was telling him. Can never be safe, even in the hall of the druids itself... but wait. No, that's stupid. There are wards- ASSASSINS CAN OUTCLASS WARDS, BETTER BE ON THE MOVE AND SAFE THAN NOT, SHUT UP SWORD.

AGGGH! Gallador hisses, hitting the side of his head. He shakes it, putting away his thoughts for later like the druids had trained him to do. He sighed, and walked back to the group. He looked to Larimarle specifically, and quietly said, I am sorry for treating you with distrust. Some of us came upon magic... in untoward means. Mine has affected me more than others. It makes me act against my character.

Ramsus
2018-12-29, 01:59 AM
Elf Time Mage

Larimarle laughs a little and smiles back at Gallador and gives him a nod, "I understand. My introduction to magic in such a way too. Thank you for letting us know it's not personal."

Then as a stage whisper she adds, "Mine tries to do that kind of thing too." with a tone that seems to be aiming at comforting and playful, even though the kind of thing that kind of tone should really be paired with.

Arzanyos
2018-12-30, 03:10 AM
Archer Parn

As Gallador and Larimarle talk, Bremen leads the others on an uneventful shopping trip. Tasir is able to both acquire the desired rations and find a home for her unneeded chainmail, which has now been given to a freshly recruited guard troll named Ert. Fabien finds all his requested supplies easily as well.

When the group arrives at the north wall, the first thing the notice is two massive eagle-like birds, large enough to carry two many at least. The larger of the pair is black-feathered tail to plume, and is currently carrying a familiar elf on a saddle atop its back. The other is dark gray with silver highlights and talons, and bears a similar saddle, but no rider. Archer Parn greets you with a grin from his seat. "At last. Let me introduce you to Orion and Andamir, our rides for this venture. We will ride three and two, for no Roc can bear five. Don't fear though, Andamir is a trainer's Roc, you will need no great skill to guide him."

Two of you guys will ride behind Archer on Orion, while the other two will be on Andamir, one piloting and one passenger. Decide amongst each other who goes where. The pilots won't be able to fight if combat breaks out, and the two riding on Orion will be kind of cramped, so they won't be able to make fancy sword sweeps or use bows.

Lastly, whoever is piloting Andamir, make an Animal Handling check to see if you start lagging behind. You won't lose your way, but you might be a little behind if say, a fight breaks out.

Arzanyos
2019-01-03, 06:08 AM
Tasir finds the roc remarkably responsive, and has no trouble at all keeping pace with Orion. The flight goes smoothly for the first leg, but soon after they group enters the Eastland they notice dark spots on the horizon. The spots grew and spread as they approaching, eventually revealing themselves to be a cloud of winged statues scouring the skies. It's not far now to the landing point, but the gargoyles are blocking your path.

Roughly a dozen of them break off from the main cloud to confront you, including several carrying vicious-looking halberds. There's a little time before they come into range, enough to make a quick plan, but nothing too complex.

Ramsus
2019-01-03, 01:27 PM
Elf Time Mage
Conditions: Mage Armor

"If we can get them to bunch together I have a spell that should work very well for this!" Larimarle calls out to the others while casting a spell on herself that gives her invisible armor.

Casting Mage Armor

Diceomancer
2019-01-03, 09:08 PM
"I expect they'll have to group up to attack once they get close to us. Maybe we could swing in close so that they group up and then turn away to put a bit of distance between them and us before you cast your spell." Fabien replies.

Celticbear
2019-01-03, 11:34 PM
DRAW ME THEY COME FOR YOU DRAW ME- STOP

Gallador shakes his head, and scowls at the gargoyles. He doesn't notice it, but his sword is already in his hand. It's a wicked black blade with red lines like veins coursing through it. The red pulsates, almost like blood, and it seems to quietly screech as it reacts to the air. Gallador scowls again, and raises his free hand in the air. Three more Galladors suddenly appear to shimmer around him on the saddle of his white roc, each one holding a pulsating, shrieking sword. Gallador rides ahead of the group, and says in a voice that seems to match his sword's, I shall draw their attention

Casting mirror image

Arzanyos
2019-01-04, 07:40 PM
Gallador's ploy works. As he and Tasir shoot forwards, a full eight gargoyles change tack to meet the four mad swordsmen, including two halberdiers. The other four are still advancing on Orion and Co. but at a decidedly slower pace. As the frontrunners of each faction have come within ~120' of each other, combat is assumed to be joined. The rest of the groups are about one to one and a half movespeeds away from their allies, diagonally.

With how the initiatives shook out, tell me if you guys want the rocs to do anything, because they both won initiative. Then it'll be the first wave of gargoyles, then y'all's actions. By the way, don't get to worried about posting your actions in initiative order, just post when you can and I'll remember the initiative for when I resolve them. If this ends up with you attacking a dead guy, don't worry, I'll work something out.

Diceomancer
2019-01-05, 10:22 AM
"Archer, put us between Andamir and the group of four, closer Andamir but not so close that those eight end up on top of us."

As soon as the group of four are in range, Fabien sends two bolts of silver energy, crackling and shimmering like water, lancing out into the nearest member of that group.

Casting Eldrich Blast
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Arzanyos
2019-01-07, 04:02 AM
The two rocs shoot forward, with Orion lagging behind slightly, until the gargoyles flock to Andamir, and then rushing ahead, ending up behind them.

The gargoyles have clearly been stirred into a frenzy. They unleash a torrent of claws, teeth, and blades upon Andamir and his riders. However, while quantity is present, quality is somewhat lacking. Gallador's duplicates are struck down like paper, but the only attack to actually guess correctly slashes pitifully off target, leaving the warrior unscathed. Tasir is less lucky, being dealt a vicious bite to the shoulder, but avoiding the ensuing claws. Finally, Andamir takes multiple wounds, but while he's hurt, its not enough to stop him.

As the group recovers from the torrent, the second halberdier approaches, seeming less to fly than to walk along the air. Instead of bringing his weapon to bear, he thrusts his other hand out towards the silver roc, and a magic pulses out from it, accompanied by a horrid, ringing cacophony.

Tasir and Gallador, Constitution saving throws, please.

Ramsus
2019-01-07, 05:20 AM
Elf Time Mage
Conditions: Mage Armor

Seeing that they've gotten a bunch of the gargoyles all bunched up together, Larimarle holds forth the crystal pocketwatch to use as an arcane focus. She whispers something into it and the whisper echoes a bit louder and higher pitch in the direction of the gargoyles. And then echoes a bit louder and higher pitch more a bit closer. And so on until the echo is right atop of them and so high pitch it can no longer be heard but shakes the air so violently that it is visibly shaking the air itself around them also like a rather chaotic shimmer of heat over a paved road in the summer.
And as that rips into the gargoyles, Larimarle clutches the pocketwatch and there is a little crackle of electricity that is echoes as a burst of lightning around the closest bunched together gargoyles.

Casting Shatter so that it hits Fast Gargoyles and Regular Gargoyles. (Sadly not enough range on this spell to reach all the way over to the slow ones.)
DC 17 Con save, at disadvantage for all the targets in a 10 foot radius. I'm hopefully able to angle it to not hit any allies.
Save for half of [roll0] thunder damage.

And then, assuming there are any survivors (I'm sure there are), aimed at the most clustered together group of gargoyles she uses Fira on a central gargoyle and all within 10 feet of it. They take [roll1] lightning damage.
Edit: Sorry this damage was the wrong amount of dice. Rerolling in OOC thread. Correct number is 15

Tymeister
2019-01-08, 10:52 AM
Tasir Krie

A lot of Tasir's concentration is taken up with keeping the poor roc carrying Gallador and herself uncomfortably close to this flock of bite-happy gargoyles calm and airborne - which isn't a difficult affair, considering that Andamir seems to be of a reasonably calm temperament, but aggressive claws and sound explosions are not a great experience for any animal, and there's not much she can do beyond attempting to keep them both within harrying distance and reasonably out of getting-killed-distance.

Doesn't really save them all that much from that other spell going off that didn't come from Larimarle, though.

"I don't like the sound of that spell," Tasir hisses through gritted teeth, ears still ringing from the explosion. "You alright back there, Gallador? What say you and I make life a little more difficult for those casters, eh?"

Arzanyos
2019-01-08, 10:18 PM
As the wave of magic washes out from the gargoyles hand, Andamir and Tasir feel a momentary slowness, but are otherwise unaffected. Gallador, on the other hand, starts to stiffen dramatically, with patches of his skin and clothing turning a dull gray. He's in the process of turning to stone!

On the other Roc, things are going better. Larimarle's spell catches all six gargoyles, with only one of the halberdiers being able to partly resist it. Furthermore, several of them are caught by the accompanying blast of lightning, for even more damage. Despite all this, the group seems half-dead at best, with a couple of them mostly healthy. The halberdier that was casting flinches momentarily as his body is wracked by magic, but he keeps his concentration.

Arzanyos
2019-01-19, 03:06 PM
Eastland Skies: Gargoyle Battle

The second wave of gargoyles start their advance. The two in the lead hurtle forward, slamming into Larimarle and Fabien.
The final four devote all their energy to movement, winging their way towards Orion, and settled themselves in a position unlike their fellows attack Andamir. Instead, the larger Roc finds himself surrounded, but with all gargoyles close at hand.

As they close in, Fabien's bolts of magic lance at the Halberdiers. The first is off the mark, but the second strikes a solid blow.

EDIT: Larimarle and Fabien, please make Athletics or Acrobatics checks to avoid being pushed off.

Diceomancer
2019-01-20, 10:14 AM
Fabien casts fly on himself, then flies back up next to Orion.

Arzanyos
2019-01-22, 06:44 AM
Okay, I'm going to assume you guys don't want Orion to move, since Fabien still needs to get back on him.

Eastland Skies, Gargoyle Battle

Unwilling to abandon Fabien, Parn instead spurs Orion to attack, the roc's talons lashing out and finding both halberdiers within range, although the effect is blunted somewhat by the enemies' stony hides.
On the other side, Andamir spins suddenly, dodging in a flurry of feathers through the horde, and ending up behind the casting gargoyle. Gallador deals it two savage blows, his enchanted blade slicing right through the stone, but the beast grits its teeth through the pain, and the spell continues.

Seeing the danger to his fellow, the last halberdier roars, signaling another charge against the Andamir-mounted party. This time, they attack in a more orderly fashion, with moderately improved results. Tasir is hit twice for minor damage, Gallador is scratched by a claw, and, although his fellow gives him an opening, gargoyle 3 manages to not hit Tasir or Andamir. Things change when the halberdiers make their moves. One swings twice with deadly precision against Gallador, striking with earthshaking force, and then again with a more manageable damage. His fellow, although dripping gravel ins several places, redoubles his chant, sending another pulse of magic outwards.

Tasir and Gallador, Con saving throws again. Gallador, Sword Curse procced twice, so two wisdom saving throws as well.

Gallador and Larimarle are up.

Ramsus
2019-01-22, 06:10 PM
Elf Time Mage
Conditions: Mage Armor, Float

Noticing that she and one of her new friends almost fell to their maybe deaths and that they're surrounded by spread out enemies, Larimarle does two things. The first is that she subtly performs a bit of magic that should help lessen the impact if she falls and can't otherwise handle it for some reason. The other is that she smirks at the enemies who think they're safe from all getting attacked at once just from spreading themselves out more and she holds her crystal pocketwatch above her head as streaks of fire pour out of it at all of them.

Bonus action to use Float.

Action to use Firaga. [roll0] vs all enemies within 120 feet.
damage: [roll1] fire damage. Half on miss.
if crit: [roll2]

Arzanyos
2019-01-27, 03:30 AM
The petrificating magic courses through Andamir and Gallador, but ignores Tasir once again. The roc is finding it hard to move, trying just to stay aloft, and Gallador has become a statue. It doesn't look permanent, but still, someone should probably deal with that caster.

Larimarle's fire blackens the gargoyles. Three of them look close to crumbling away now, but there's still a lot of them at half health or better. Someone must really want you out of the air.

The gargoyles surrounding Orion unleash a flurry of attacks against him and Larimarle, with Fabien being ignored for now. Orion is struck once each by his attackers, being dealt a nasty looking bite for a surprisingly low 6 damage, and then a claw for 3 damage. All the attacks leveled at Larimarle either miss, or are repelled by her mystical barrier.

Tymeister
2019-01-31, 09:43 AM
Tasir Krie

"Mm, I don't like this." Tasir mutters a few words and reaches down around Andamir, feeling for the sections where the gargoyle's petrification is taking hold. Mustering up some of her own gifts, she pulls at the bits keeping the spell together and casts Dispel Magic.

Dispel Magic: [roll0]

Arzanyos
2019-02-01, 05:47 AM
Tasir's spell shatters the stone growths on Andamir, leaving the roc able to move once more. He gives a low cry in response, signaling that Tasir should keep on fighting, and leave the steering to him.

As Fabien flies back onto Orion, the two halberdiers near him forgo their attacks, rising into the sky above the battle instead. All four halberdiers roar as one, a sickly looking grey aura surrounding the tips of their halberds. Something big is coming.

Celticbear
2019-02-02, 08:20 PM
Gallador is stone. He can't really do anything, and because his brain is petrified as well he can't think either. Not much to write here.

Arzanyos
2019-02-05, 09:32 PM
Eastland Skies: Gargoyle Battle

"Watch out, something big's coming!" Parn calls, then says something in what appears to be Roc. Orion and Andamir lash out against the nearest gargoyles. Orion's talons don't hit their mark, but Andamir manages to hurt two of them, for 6 and 4 damage, respectively. Both Gargoyles 1 and 2 are in real bad shape.

With Gallador out of the way, the four gargoyles surrounding Andamir focus all their efforts against Tasir, trying to bring down the troll. From their combine efforts and eight attacks... Tasir only takes 7 damage. Behind them, the accompanying halberdiers jet upwards to join their brethren, paying no heed to defense. At the apex of their flight, dark magic surges from their hands upwards, starting to coalesce into a grey orb.

Larimarle, it's your turn, and Tasir gets to make opportunity attack against one of the halberdiers.

Ramsus
2019-02-06, 01:23 AM
Elf Time Mage

Larimarle looks around at the chaotic goings on and finds herself wishing the gargoyles had stayed conveniently clumped together and would stop petrifying people. Taking a moment she identifies a spot she can smash apart at least a few without hurting any of her allies (or herself) and once again creates a smashingly loud sound amongst them.

Casting Shatter at N5 (I think) to hit Gargoyle 1, 2, and 7. DC 17 Con save for half, at disadvantage because they're gargoyles, for [roll0] thunder damage.

Tymeister
2019-02-09, 12:37 AM
Tasir Krie

Tasir, for one, is quite happy with her choice of shield - a strapped kite that remains functional even while riding really is much more useful in this scenario than a clunky centregrip-anything. An opportunity presents itself as the halberdiers move away to fly up and join their compatriots in doing... whatever doesn't look good up there, and she swings a hefty-and-perhaps-slightly-magical warhammer into the side of one of the fleeing gargoyles. "Hang in there, little one, you'll not be stone for long."

Diceomancer
2019-02-10, 09:52 PM
Fabien sends two bolts of energy whizzing at the halberdier that petrified Gallador.

Eldritch Blast
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Arzanyos
2019-02-17, 04:11 AM
Larimarle's magic hits all three(1,2,7) gargoyles with it's full force(9 damage). Gargoyles 1 and 2 are barely alive. A well thrown rock could finish them.

As Gargoyle Halberdier 4flees upwards, a solid blow from Tasir's hammer crashes into it, and it only survives due to the uncommon resilience of stone.(7 damage, resisted to become 3)

The gargoyles surrounding Orion take a disciplined approach to their attacks. Gargoyle 4 attacks, Larimarle, Gargoyle 5 attacks Fabien, and Gargoyles 6 and 7 help their brethren via feints and distraction. Through said aid, all four attacks find their mark. Larimarle takes eight damage, and Fabien eleven.

The halberdiers finish their spell, joining their magically energy into a dark orb. Before they are able to unleash it, however, silvery light lances towards them, blowing apart the weakest of the four(halberdier 4), and dealing a solid hit(11 damage) to Halberdier 3. The death of one of those channeling energy into it causes the orb to fizzle out and backfire, reverberating the killing blow throughout the other three.(12 more damage.)

Tymeister
2019-02-23, 09:09 AM
Tasir Krie

Reaching behind her to touch where Gallador sits frozen in stone, Tasir sends a burst of her own magic through the Gallador-statue in another attempt to Dispel Magic.

Dispel Magic: [roll0]

Arzanyos
2019-03-05, 02:02 AM
With a crackling sound, the stone image of Gallador sloughs off, revealing him, unpetrified. Gallador is back in the fight!

The two rocs continue to attack whatever is in front of them. Orion manages to bite Gargoyle 1's head off, taking him out of the fight, while Andamir scratches Gargoyle 5 for 4 damage.

The three remaining gargoyles around Andamir each choose a different target. Gargoyle 2 manages a lucky hit against Tasir, for 3 damage. Gargoyle 3 finds both attacks against the newly unpretrified Gallador, for a total of 13 damage. And lastly, both of Gargoyle 8's attacks against Andamir are successful, dealing 10 damage in total.

Heroes, it's your turn. Also, there will most likely be time for a long rest after you land.

Ramsus
2019-03-05, 01:11 PM
Elf Time Mage
HP: 48/56

Noticing that none of the gargoyles are clustered in a particularly handy way and that it might be better to end things quickly as her allies don't look like they're doing so well, Larimarle decides to use her most powerful spell. Rippling waves of energy pour off her right hand and darkness engulfs her left. She then slams them together and they unleash a wave of destructive energy that washes over her allies harmlessly and wreaks havoc on the gargoyles.

Casting Destructive Wave. It hits every enemy within 60 feet of her, so it should hit Gargoyles 2-8. They need to make a DC 17 Con save to avoid being knocked prone and for half of [roll0] thunder and [roll1] necrotic damage.

Arzanyos
2019-03-06, 10:16 PM
The effects of Larimarle's spell are devastating to the smaller gargoyles. All but one of them break apart or fall out of the sky entirely, leaving only the three remaining halberdiers, and a badly injured Gargoyle 4(who took 17 damage)

Ramsus
2019-03-13, 04:28 PM
Seeing Larimarle's destructive spell bring this fight closer to a finish, Tasir decides to do the same herself. She looks to the sky and conjures down a pillar of fire and light around the gargoyles with the halberds doing whatever is it they're up to.

Tasir uses Flame Strike on the halberdier gargoyles. I'm pretty sure they're still somewhere within range of 60 foot range + 40 feet of the cylinder.

They need to make a Dex save for half of [roll0] fire and [roll1] radiant damage.

Diceomancer
2019-03-14, 09:00 PM
Fabien sends two more bolts of energy into the nearest gargoyle.

Casting eldritch blast on gargoyle 4.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Arzanyos
2019-03-17, 01:33 AM
Both divine fire and eldritch light crash into their targets, but somehow, all four enemies are left alive, although hovering on the brink of death. Defiantly, the Halberdiers continue to channel energy into their dark orb, readying to release it next turn. If they're still trying to use it, even after its dismal failure last time, and the obvious hazard of bunching up, it most be powerful magic indeed.

So, here are the healthbars of the remaining enemies;
Gargoyle 4 has 3hp
Gargoyle Halberdier 1 has 19hp
Gargoyle Halberdier 2 has 32hp
Gargoyle Halberdier 3 has 7hp

Y'all got one round to take them out and complete your flight, or else you will all be petrified, and have to hoof it on foot after you get saved by DM and or Fabien's Patron fiat.

Also, Gallador has yet to act this round. If Celticbear's not coming back, someone should take him over for these next two rounds.

Diceomancer
2019-03-18, 07:09 PM
Gallador throws a pair of handaxes at one of the gargoyle halberdiers. He'll then get Andamir to fly towards the halberdiers.

Fabien sends a pair of energy bolts at one of the halberdiers, whichever he judges to be weakest.

Gallador will throw handaxes at Gargoyle Halberdier 3.
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

On Andamir's turn, it will fly towards the halberdiers so that Gallador can engage with his sword.

Fabien will cast eldrich blast at the weakest remaining halberdier.
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

Ramsus
2019-03-22, 04:16 AM
Elf Time Mage
HP: 48/56

Larimarle extends a hand out at one of the remaining enemies and makes a swatting motion as if trying to smack a fly out of the air. Accompanying this is a flash of darkness around one of the gargoyles.

At the same time Tasir extends their holy symbol out and it glows and in conjunction with it, the other gargoyle's halberd glows bright white from sudden intense heat.

Larmiarle casts Blight on one of the remaining enemies. DC 17 Con save for half of [roll0] necrotic damage.

Tasir casts Heat Metal at 4th level on the other. I'm assuming at least one left is a halberdier. DC 16 Con save or drop the object and some other stuff. But that doesn't prevent the initial damage of [roll1] fire damage in any way apparently. Who knew?

Arzanyos
2019-04-04, 05:46 PM
Through the parties combine magical efforts, the gargoyles are defeated, and drop lifeless out of the sky. A little while later, the party touches down in the Eastlands, a little worse for the wear, but all alive. You are now in a small forest clearing, which should be safe from prying eyes above. Another Druid was waiting there, along with a troll and a dwarf.(The new PC's). What do?

Ramsus
2019-04-04, 07:14 PM
Larimarle Starle (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1767707) & Agama (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1861507)
Elf Time Mage & Mwellret Totem Warrior
HP: 48/56 & 104/104
Conditions: Mage Armor, Float & Conditions: --

"Greetings, I am Agama. I am told you could use some additional help." Agama says as an introduction.

Diceomancer
2019-04-06, 09:33 PM
Veit
"Viet, Warden of the Eastlands, at your service. Heard the Druids were sending a team to investigate some threat to this lands."

Fabien
Fabien fills the newcomers in on what they know so far. He then turns to the new druid.
"So what now?."

Arzanyos
2019-04-12, 04:34 PM
Damoh

The other druid nods at Fabien's approach. "Now, you get a little and you give a little. There are dark stirrings in the west, things we have been investigating, and... that have been investigating us. I've come here for reinforcements of sorts, to throw them of the trail as it were. So, I two of you come with me, and these two stay here. Parn will head back to Paranor to explain this situation."

Ramsus
2019-04-12, 10:05 PM
Larimarle Starle (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1767707) & Agama (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1861507)

"Are we to head off on foot from here?" Agama asks, looking at the large birds and wondering if they could actually manage to carry him.

Arzanyos
2019-04-17, 03:34 PM
Damoh

Damoh nods. "Aye. It seems the skies are guarded closely here. Best to stay under the radar, as it were."

Diceomancer
2019-04-22, 09:09 AM
Fabien
"Where exactly are we headed?"

Arzanyos
2019-05-02, 05:37 AM
Damoh

"Exactly is not an answer I can give you. There's strong magic at work here, as the 'troubles' with your arrival show. My advice is to keep your eyes peeled, and follow whatever doesn't fit. Also, there should be a hamlet a little to the north. The dwarves there might've seen something."

Ramsus
2019-05-02, 01:48 PM

Larimarle looks to Veit and asks, "Do you think I'd be better received as a dwarf than...?" and she makes a vaguely circular hand gesture at herself to indicate her current appearance.

Agama looks at the sky and contemplates how long they'll be able to travel before needing to set up camp for the night or if they might make it to the dwarven hamlet before then and find a place to sleep there.

Diceomancer
2019-05-03, 12:04 PM
Viet
"I don't see any need ta try an' pass as a dwarf. The village sounds like a good place ta start."

Fabien
"The hamlet it is then. Shall we be off?"

Arzanyos
2019-05-13, 05:58 AM
The group heads out, with Agama figuring they should reach the hamlet by nightfall. His estimate proves correct, as the setting sun is accompanied by the bustling sounds of people, tinged with something unusual, the clanging of soldiers. It seems the hamlet is being occupied by a small force of armed dwarves, in addition to the regular populace.

Diceomancer
2019-05-15, 05:28 PM
Viet
"Let's head off ta the tavern. Good a place as any ta find out wha' folks have been hearing an seein'. And the best part of any village." Viet starts walking through the town looking for a tavern.

Fabien
Shrugs and follows.

Ramsus
2019-05-16, 12:04 PM

"Works for me!" Larimarle replies and follows along.

Agama just gives a nod and a grunt. Though it's a pleased sounding grunt?

Arzanyos
2019-05-17, 04:27 AM
Dwarven Hamlet

Unfortunately, the hamlet is too small to have a proper tavern, so instead, the group ends up at the main room of the bivouac erected by the dwarven soldiers, which has ended up serving much the same purpose.

Currently, there a about a half-dozen presumably local dwarves scattered around the room, drinking, and generally carrying on. The soldiers are divided into three groups. Five are posted on watch, looking a bit tense about the whole, "impromptu tavern business." A moderately important looking one, probably in command, is at the largest table, hunched over a map with three associates. Another four soldiers are standing around what passes for the bar, drinking and chatting merrily with the quartermaster, who is currently passing for a barkeep. Lastly, there are a pair of dwarves huddled over in the corner, eating. They aren't dressed like the locals, and they certainly aren't soldiers. They look pretty rattled.

Ramsus
2019-05-19, 12:43 PM

Larimarle walks up to the quartermaster/bartender and says with a friendly smile, "Hello friend. I'll have one of whatever you would drink and would you mind telling us what is going on here?"

Arzanyos
2019-05-21, 04:27 AM
Bivouac Tavern/Dwarven Quartermaster

The quartermaster doesn't quite smile back at you. "You can't get what I'd drink here, but here's some of the house special; what we've got." He chuckles at his own joke and slides over a mug of fairly average ale before continuing. "As for what's happening, that's the question worth its weight in gold. Villages getting ransacked, people fleeing for their lives, troops called in, and not one person can be found who has actually seen something of note."

Diceomancer
2019-05-21, 08:33 PM
Fabien
Fabien approaches the pair in the corner. "Hello. I am called Fabien. I'm new to this place, but I can see there is something wrong here. Can you tell me anything of what is happening?"

Viet
Viet follows Larimarle to the bar. "I'll have an ale as well. I heard ye mention somethin' about ransacking. If no ones seen anythin', what have they been finding at the ransacked villages after?"

Arzanyos
2019-05-26, 12:56 AM

The quartermaster shrugs and slide Viet an ale. "That's the thing. They find the villages, ransacked and burnt something fierce, but that's it. No bodies, no survivors, no clues. So they ask around, and it always turns out the same. Whoever saw something and called us in went missing before we arrived, so all we get to go off of is thirdhand crazy ramblings."

Meanwhile, the two dwarves in the corner are unreceptive to Fabien's inquiry. "No talk. See nothing." They say, hurriedly waving him off. Before he has a chance to leave though, they reconsider slightly, offering their stew pot towards him. They still don't say anything more, though.

Ramsus
2019-05-26, 12:10 PM

"Are there bodies left behind? Or is there no sign of struggle at all?" Agama asks.

Diceomancer
2019-05-27, 09:18 AM
Fabien
Fabien, sits down with them and takes some of the stew, smiling and doing his best to provide a calm, reassuring presence. After about a minute, he speaks again. "Thank you. May I ask your names?"

Viet
Finishes his ale and orders another.

Arzanyos
2019-06-08, 07:20 AM

While the quartermaster turns away to open another barrel of ale for Viet, one of the soldiers at the bar cuts into the conversation. "Aye, ma'am, there are signs of a struggle. But no bodies, not even severed parts. Just the blood and the destruction. I just come back from the last village we found to been hit. It's eerie. It's like they take the corpses with them."

Meanwhile, the dwarven refugees shush Fabien's request. "Sorry, but not here. Stones will hear. Stones will kill. No names."

Ramsus
2019-06-09, 12:25 PM

"Is there anywhere we can sleep for the night?" Larimarle asks.

"We would be happy to take watch shifts." Agama adds.

Diceomancer
2019-06-13, 08:27 PM
Viet
"Hmm, tha's all very odd. Where was the last village?"

Fabien
"Sorry, I didn't realize that." Fabien sits with them awhile without speaking, waiting to see if they volenteer anything more.

Arzanyos
2019-06-27, 07:19 AM
Bivouac Tavern/ Dwarven Quartermaster

The quartermaster returns to the conversation with fresh mugs of ale. "Don't worry, watch shifts won't be necessary. We've men enough for them. On the other hand, if you be wanting to sleep, your choices are under the stars, or under a tent... under the stars. Price we pay for overpopulation."
"It's a bit of a march east of here. If you want someone to lead you there, you'd have to talk to the big shots over by the map, though. On the other hand, it might be better to go out with the next patrol, and try for fresher clues."

Ramsus
2019-06-27, 11:55 AM

"Well, let's look for a good place to put tents then." Larimarle says and begins looking for a spot.

Once they're away from the quartermaster Agama says to the other three, "I think I will take a watch shift when it's darkest, it's possible I might spot something they've missed."

"So what do you think, go on our own to the village or with the patrol?" Larimarle asks Viet and Fabien.

I'm just assuming we're done with the quartermaster here. But Diceomancer if you've got more you want to say, go ahead. I'm fine retconning/delaying till later as much of this post as needed.

Diceomancer
2019-07-03, 06:25 PM
Viet
"Le's go with tha patrol. Has ta have been in the last day for tha plants ta have remember anythin'. I can try communin' with nature once we're there. "

Fabien
Fabien shrugs. "I haven't a strong opinion, but a newer site would probably be better."

Arzanyos
2019-07-06, 03:09 PM
Dwarven Hamlet

The night passes much without incident. Despite the cryptic warnings Fabien received, nobody dared attack during the night, presumably due to the garrison. In any case, it is now morning, and the command tent is making preparations for its next excursion. You guys could offer your services there, or perhaps follow unannounced. Perhaps something different altogether?

Ramsus
2019-07-09, 11:39 AM
HP: 56/56 & 104/104
Conditions: Mage Armor & Conditions: --

After a brief discussion the group heads joins up with the patrol. Larimarle casts a spell of invisible armor about herself.

Larimarle casts Mage Armor. She also swaps out preparation for Dragon Breath with Speak with Dead.

Arzanyos
2019-07-10, 03:04 AM
The patrol is made up of a dozen dwarves, including the tracker and a sergeant. He sets everyone on a brisk pace northeastward, with one of the soldiers mentioning they'd received refugees from that area already, but no claims of a large scale attack. Fortunately, your path is pretty well covered by trees, so there will be no chance of an army of gargoyles attacking you.

Ramsus
2019-07-10, 12:21 PM

After a while of traveling in silence, Larimarle looks to her companions and picking one at random addresses Viet, "So Viet, tell us about yourself. Or maybe just give us a story?"

Diceomancer
2019-07-15, 10:59 AM
Viet
"Na much ta tell. Always lived here in tha Eastlands. Stop into a village now an' then. Had a close call with a pair of kodens once. They had wandered to close ta a village and I was trying ta draw them away. Nearly ended up as their dinner before I ran through a stand of tree to dense for 'em ta follow."

Ramsus
2019-07-17, 11:21 AM

Larimarle claps her hands together in delight and says, "A lovely tale of noble bravery and a humble one at that." and gives Viet a beaming smile.
While it seems like she meant what she said, what it mostly seems like is that she's just very pleased Viet engaged with/entertained her.

Arzanyos
2019-07-26, 07:32 AM
The dwarves who overhear Viet's tale chuckle sympathetically. It's not the bravest choice, but it's the one most would make. After more marching lulls away the conversation, the dwarven tracker calls the group to a halt. He points to a group of deep, scraping tracks. No attempt has been made to hide them. "Whatever made these tracks, they must have been dragging something heavy. Siege equipment, perhaps. Be on your guard, for the village is just ahead, and we won't be alone."

Ramsus
2019-07-26, 11:22 AM

Agama looks at the tracks more closely, trying to find footprints or something in their path to help identify what made them.

Survival: [roll0]

Diceomancer
2019-07-30, 11:07 AM
Viet also studies the tracks. He looks for footprints of any people or creatures that could have been doing the dragging.

Survival [roll0]

Arzanyos
2019-08-02, 03:29 PM
Viet and Agama study the tracks, and find dwarven footprints, set a little away from the other tracks. In addition, Agama notices what appear to be handprints, left in the grooves they were studying. It seems whatever caused those grooves was dragging itself along.

Ramsus
2019-08-03, 11:41 AM

Agama points out the handprints and suggests the patrol follow the tracks.

Diceomancer
2019-08-05, 11:42 AM
Fabien
"Interesting. Yes, let's follow the tracks." Fabien says, thinking through various explanations for the hand prints.

Do the tracks lead toward or away from the village?

Arzanyos
2019-08-11, 03:30 AM
The tracks end up leading right to the village. As you approach, the first impression is fortunately not that the village was destroyed, but that the inhabitants all decided to leave in a very great hurry. The doors to the closest houses and farms are flung open, the windows unbarred, and the air silent. At this point, the patrol leader looks to the party. "Mighty strange goings on, by the looks of it. Any of you feel like volunteering as scouts?"

Ramsus
2019-08-11, 10:21 AM

"Sure!"
"Yes."
Larimarle and Agama say at the same time. Larimarle gives Agama an amused smile, to which he just shrugs. And they both head in to look around.

Diceomancer
2019-08-12, 06:28 PM
Viet
"I'm gonna try an' see if I can trace the tracks we were followin' ta this place."

He then process to try to follow the dragging tracks further.

Survival check if needed: [roll0]

Fabien
Fabien nods his ascent to the request to scout. He then proceeds to move through the village, make use of his Eldritch Sight to search for signs of magic as he goes.

Arzanyos
2019-08-18, 05:40 AM
Viet's tracking soon finds the main village square, which is now ringed with a dozen statues in various states of disrepair and destruction. Fabien's magical sight finds all of them are magical, with echoes of transmutation on them. At the far end of the square though, a pair of tall humanoids are scanning the area as well. They are nonmagical, but quite odd. They look both thin and compact as well as heavily armored, and they move with an unnervingly uniform gait.

Diceomancer
2019-08-21, 10:51 PM
Viet
Viet tries to stay out sight of the beings. He gestures for Fabien to go back and inform the others.

Fabien
Upon seeing the humaniods and Viet's gestures, Fabien tries to sneak back toward the patrol to alert them to the discovery.

Ramsus
2019-08-22, 10:04 AM

Seeing Viet move to hide, Larimarle and Agama both do the same.

Rolling things in case needed.

Larimarle Stealth: [roll0]
Larimarle Perception: [roll1]

Agama Stealth: [roll2]
Agama Perception: [roll3]

Arzanyos
2019-08-26, 04:04 AM
Fabien slips away quietly as the humanoids turn to watch another direction. The dwarven patrol is at the ready when he finds them, their leader immediately asking about what Fabien found, and the fates of his comrades.

Meanwhile, Larimarle and Viet find hiding places out of sight from both ways. They can't be seen, but cannot see the humanoids either. Agama has a much better vantage point, and notices something curious. As the humanoids start to make their way to the center of the square, the ring of statues seems to tighten, blocking they path they entered from.

Ramsus
2019-08-26, 05:56 PM

Agama waits for a moment until he can get over to where Viet and Larimarle are and then tells them, "The statues appear to be moving. Inwards, so as to block the path over there." and points.

"I wonder if that has some relation to the gargoyles we fought earlier." Larimarle ponders.

Diceomancer
2019-09-02, 03:18 PM
Viet
"Odd." Viet remarks, trying to think if he has ever heard anything about when or why these statues where built, or anything about enchanted statues in the Eastland.
History check if needed: [roll0]

Fabien
"There is a group of beings over there. Humanoids, odd looking and heavily armored. It might be worth trying to talk to them and see if we can learn a bit about what's been going on, but best to be ready for a fight."

Ramsus
2019-09-03, 09:58 AM

Agama gives a shrug and nods in reply to Fabien's words.

"Maybe one or two of us remain here out of sight in case they're hostile? Uh.... though now that I think about it I think big guy here" she pats Agama on the arm to indicate him and he gives a kind of annoyed grunt that she completely ignores "and myself might be needed for this. I can do the talking and he can do the muscling."

Agama looks at Larimarle with narrowed eyes at the "word" "muscling".

Arzanyos
2019-09-04, 04:49 PM
The dwarven sergeant nods at Fabien. "Mercenaries, I'd wager. Have you fellows got it under control, or should I bring the lads to you?"

Diceomancer
2019-09-05, 01:04 PM
Fabien
"I would suggest hanging back. If it comes to fighting, you can see if they have any tricks up their sleeve before jumping in." Fabien says to the sergeant. Then to Larimarle, "I'll head over with you, Viet can hang back with the patrol."

Ramsus
2019-09-06, 10:55 AM

With them all agreed on the plan, such as it was, Larimarle uses her magic and transforms herself into a male human. Average height, a little overweight in nice but weather worn city-appropriate attire including a top hat with several days of beard stubble, brown eyes, and dirty blond hair that was at some point cut short and let let grow out and not well maintained.

With Agama (and presumably Fabien) in tow she walks up to the figures and says in a not-quite smooth male voice, "Hello there friends! I am Bernard Perron and these are my associates" she just mumbles incomprehensible nonsense in the place of Agama's and Fabien's names, "We seem to find ourselves a bit out of place. Is this the town of Rumbledorf? And where the blazes is everyone eh? At a festival in some other town? Hah!"

Diceomancer
2019-09-10, 12:19 PM
Fabien
Interesting approach. Fabien thinks.

Viet
Viet observes the conversation from a distance.

Arzanyos
2019-09-10, 06:05 PM
As "Bernard Perron" walks up to the humanoids, she realizes they are not humans in armor, rather they appear to be solid suits of armor themselves. Notably, their helmets possess no hinges or eyeholes. Completely ignoring her speech, one calls out to her, the voice a strange hollow tone, seeming to come more from it's chest than a mouth. "Produce Rank"

Ramsus
2019-09-11, 10:00 AM

Larimarle and Agama (and Aurum) take a few seconds to scan over the living armors to see if they have anything that looks like an identifier of rank.

Larimarle Perception: [roll0]
Agama Perception: [roll1]
Aurum Perception: [roll2]

Arzanyos
2019-09-12, 05:41 PM
They are not. In fact, their armor is completely clear of identifying marks at all. Besides the fact that they're living suits of armor, of course.

Diceomancer
2019-09-13, 04:50 PM
Fabien
Fabien frowns and raises an eyebrow upon seeing that the suits of armor have no one in them. "I looked for magic. They are not." He says softly. "They are obviously soldiers, though." He thinks back to what he read on the parachment shown to him by the Druids at Paranor. "But then something fabricated from the science of the Old World wouldn't be," he says, now seeing a bit excited.

He then tries to recall any history ahout how military rank might have been identified back when these things were first created.

History: [roll0]

Ramsus
2019-09-14, 10:03 AM

Larimarle looks at Fabien and sees a lack of anything more specific come to his eyes and to Agama who shrugs and she turns back to the living suits of armor and says, "Uh... Citizen?" hopefully, but having a feeling this might not work so well.

Arzanyos
2019-09-24, 07:10 AM
"No Rank produced. Designation: Hostiles." The words ring out in the same hollow tone as before, and the living armors step backwards, weapons extruding from their arms. This process would give you just enough time to flee back the way you came, if you should so choose. If not, it looks like you'll have to fight. Also, the other three paths out of the square are still blocked by those creepy statues, but they're not moving any more right now.

Ramsus
2019-10-01, 12:01 PM
Conditions: Mage Armor & Conditions: Rage (0/10)

As Larimarle runs off to get to cover, Agama doesn't hesitate for even a moment before attacking full force with his glaive at the nearest one.

Initiative L: [roll0], advantage: [roll1]
Initiative A: [roll2], advantage: [roll3]

Larimarle runs.

Agama
Bonus action to Rage.

Using Reckless Attack: You can throw aside all concern for defense to attack with fierce desperation. When you make your first attack on your turn, you can decide to attack recklessly. Doing so gives you advantage on melee weapon attack rolls using Strength during this turn, but attack rolls against you have advantage until your next turn.

Attack 1: [roll4]
advantage: [roll5]
damage: [roll6]
if crit: [roll7]

Attack 2: [roll8]
advantage: [roll9]
damage: [roll10]
if crit: [roll11]

Diceomancer
2019-10-07, 08:35 PM
Fabien

Fabien darts behind the statues and then sends an Eldritch Blast towards the armor.
Initiative [roll0]
Eldritch Blast
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]

Viet
Upon hearing the battle break out, Viet casts Call Lightning and sends a bolt into the armor creatures (as many he can get without hurting his allies).

[roll5]

Call Lightning
[roll6]
DC 17 Dex save for half damage.

Arzanyos
2019-10-08, 07:27 PM
Einherjar 1:[roll0]
Einherjar 2: [roll1]

The armor's finish readying their weapons, but by that time, Agama's Glaive has already found it's mark. Two deadly blows strike the nearest Einherjar, but the damage is muted by the strength of their Old-World forged armor. (Resistance, each attack did 8 damage)

Only one of Fabien's blasts hits, dealing a hefty blow to the other Einherjar(14 damage). Viet is the most effective, as his lightning seems to linger on the armor for an inordinate time before dissipating.(Vulnerability, 26 damage to each.)

The Einherjar won't make attacks this round, but they're first in initiative order, so, get ready, Agama.

Ramsus
2019-10-11, 12:09 PM
AC: 16 & AC: 19
PP: 15 & 16, PIs: 15 & 12, PIv: 10 & 9
Conditions: Mage Armor & Conditions: Rage (0/10), Haste
Concentrating On: Haste (0/10)

As Larimarle heads for safety, she pauses and holds out her crystal pocketwatch in Agama's direction. The dials spin around like crazy and there's a brief shimmer around Agama. Then she continues and gets behind some cover to avoid whatever madness is about to ensue.

Larimarle uses Hasteja to cast Haste on Agama. Then moves behind cover.

Haste: Until the spell ends, the target's speed is doubled, it gains a +2 bonus to AC, it has advantage on Dexterity saving throws, and it gains an additional action on each of its turns. That action can be used only to take the Attack (one weapon attack only), Dash, Disengage, Hide, or Use an Object action.
(+2 AC already added to AC in table.)

Agama doesn't do anything because it's not his turn yet.

Arzanyos
2019-10-11, 06:16 PM
Agama hears a soft clicking sound as the Einherjar's weapons finish readying. Wordlessly, they both raise their left arms, the hand now folded back to reveal a metal cylinder.
Enherjar A
1: [roll0] or [roll1](advantage) for [roll2] (Crit[roll3])
2:[roll4] or [roll5](advantage) for [roll6] (Crit[roll7])
3:[roll8] or [roll9](advantage) for [roll10] (Crit[roll11])

Einherjar B
1:[roll12] or [roll13](advantage) for [roll14] (Crit[roll15])
2:[roll16] or [roll17](advantage) for [roll18] (Crit[roll19])
3:[roll20] or [roll21](advantage) for [roll22] (Crit[roll23])
There's a crack like thunder, and a volley of metal tears it's way through the Mwellret, his enhanced speed only partially guarding him. (Four bullets hit, for 6,6,6 and 3 damage because of resistance. 21 damage total.) After the assault, the Einherjar's move away, backing up and spreading out.

Ramsus
2019-10-12, 10:05 AM
HP: 56/56 & 83/104
Conditions: Mage Armor & Conditions: Rage (0/10), Haste
Concentrating On: Haste (0/10)

Agama snarls a bit at the harm and swings out at one of the Einherjar as they back away.

Opportunity attack against Einherjar A.

Attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

Diceomancer
2019-10-14, 06:41 PM
Viet
"If it's na broke, keep blastin'." Viet mutters. Then sends another bolt of lightning.

Viet concentrates on the Call Lightning spell, sending another bolt into Enherjar A.
[roll0]
DC 17 Dex save half.

Fabien
Fabien launches two more bolts of crackling silver energy at the creatures. "Try to leave them as intact as possible, I can't wait to take these things apart!" Fabien exclaims.

Fabien casts Eldrich blast on Enherjar B.

[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]

Ramsus
2019-10-15, 11:13 AM
Conditions: Mage Armor & Conditions: Rage (1/10), Haste
Concentrating On: Haste (1/10)

Agama charges after the one he can just swung at, he travels the distance much faster than he is used to and swings with greater speed as well.

Larimarle for her part ducks back out and back into cover, between which she launches a small barrage of icicles.

Agama moves from M7 to K4.

Attack 1 vs Einherjar A: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

Attack 2 vs Einherjar A: [roll3]
damage: [roll4]
if crit: [roll5]

Attack 3 vs Einherjar A: [roll6]
damage: [roll7]
if crit: [roll8]

If Einherjar A goes down during any of this Agama will moves to P3 and make those attacks (if any left) against Einherjar B. He'll still moves there even if Einjerjar A falls on the last attack.

Larimarle moves to I13, makes her attack, and then moves back.

Fire Bolt vs Attack 1 vs Einherjar A (or B if A is already down): [roll9]

Arzanyos
2019-10-15, 04:38 PM
[roll0]
The metal warrior takes more damage from Agama's quick attack as it disengages, and another massive chunk from the second lightning bolt., but once the troll catches up to it, the true durability of it's metal body is revealed. A bolt of arcane fire and a deadly halberd strike both glance off entirely, with Agama's second attack being deflected by the sudden appearance of a sword attached to it's left arm. Only magically enhanced speed let's Agama break through the armor with a third attack.

One of Fabien's blasts of magic hits, the other does not.

Arzanyos
2019-10-16, 07:27 PM
Twisted and sparking from repeated lightning strikes, Einherjar A resolutely holds its ground, firing another volley at Agama.
1: for [roll0] crit [roll1]
2: [roll[1d20+6 for crit [roll3]
3: [roll[1d20+6 for crit [roll5]
The first projectile misses, but the other two hit, one carving a particularly deadly path through Agama's body. (Miss, 4 damage, and than crit for 9 damage)

Meanwhile, Einherjar B fires a larger cylinder into the middle of the town square, and a thick fog starts to emanate from it. A few seconds later, two more projectiles lance out from the fog at Fabien.
1: [roll[1d20+6 for crit [roll7]
2: [roll[1d20+6 for [roll8] crit [roll9]
Fabien's decision to take cover is rewarded, as the projectiles glance off of the statue he's hiding behind, leaving him unharmed. Curiously, though, the statue's insides, now revealed by two cracking grooves, seem remarkably lifelike for something that should just be a block of stone.

Have to go to work now, I'll edit in the description of the attack results and the fog cloud on the map when I get back. EDIT: EDIT'D

Arzanyos
2019-10-16, 07:30 PM
Oops.
A1: [roll0]
A2: [roll1]
A3: [roll2]

B1: [roll3]
B2: [roll4]

Diceomancer
2019-10-21, 08:19 PM
Fabien
Upon seeing that he can no longer aim his attacks, Fabien opts for a more wide ranging approach and brings forth magic to cover a large swath of the town square. He also calls out "Stay clear of the right of the battlefield!"

Fabien casts Hunger of Hadar centered on the upper right corner of statue 4. "Any creature that starts its turn in the area takes 2d6 cold damage. Any creature that ends its turn in the area must succeed on a Dexterity saving through or date 2d6 acid damage..."

The save DC is 16. Since the timing of the damage is related to their turn and not mine, I'll leave the damage rolls for this spell to Arzanyos if that's okay.

Viet
Viet takes a guess about where to target his next bolt of lightning.

Viet targets his bolt at the bottom left corner of where Einherjar B? is shown on the map.

Ramsus
2019-10-23, 11:08 AM
Conditions: Mage Armor & Conditions: Rage (2/10), Haste
Concentrating On: Haste (1/10)

Agama knowing his foe is still there even if he can't see them well, continues swinging.

Attack 1 vs Einherjar A: [roll0]
disadvantage: [roll1]
damage: [roll2]
if crit: [roll3]

Attack 2 vs Einherjar A: [roll4]
disadvantage: [roll5]

Attack 3 vs Einherjar A: [roll8]
disadvantage: [roll9]

If Einherjar A falls at some point Agama will move to L4 and from there down L9 sweeping his glaive around to see if he touches anything other than the Statues. If he does, he'll make the rest of his attacks against it. If not he'll move to M7, still doing the same. If he does encounter anything he calls out.

Arzanyos
2019-10-25, 07:15 PM
Two of Agama's sweeping strikes hit, with such force that they surely would have been critical blows outside the smoke. Unfortunately, they are just barely not enough to bring the living armor down. (13 damage)

Ramsus
2019-10-26, 10:09 AM
Conditions: Mage Armor & Conditions: Rage (2/10), Haste
Concentrating On: Haste (2/10)

Larimarle again briefly pops out of hiding to this time throw a bolt of fire at the foe Agama is fighting as she at least has a relatively good idea where it is due to the clang of metal on metal.

Moving to I13 and back again after casting...
Fire Bolt at Einherjar A: [roll0]

Arzanyos
2019-10-29, 06:29 PM
Larimarle's bolt of fire misses, disappearing into the smoke with no noticeable effect. A second later, the characteristic sound of the armor's weapons firing rings out again.
1: [roll0] for [roll1] crit [roll2]
2: [roll3] for [roll4] crit [roll5]
3: [roll6] for [roll7] crit [roll8]

In the darkness conjured by Fabien, the other Einherjar takes [roll9] cold damage. You hear it attack something, but it's not anyone of you.
1: [roll10] for [roll11] crit [roll12]
2: [roll13] for [roll14] crit [roll15]
3: [roll16] for [roll17] crit [roll18]

Diceomancer
2019-11-11, 10:32 PM
Fabien
Fabien concentrates on the Hunger of Hadar spell.

Viet
Viet sends down another bolt of lightning where he surmises the one fighting Agama must be.

Bolt from call lightning centered on the upper left corner of the Einherjar A? square.

[roll0]
DC 17 Dex save half.

Diceomancer
2019-11-21, 08:54 PM
Fabien
Fabien also sends an Eldrich Blast toward where he thinks the one fighting Agama is.
"Can anyone do something about this infernal smoke?!"

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Arzanyos
2019-11-27, 03:16 AM
The bolt of lightning comes crashing down, and Agama hears the whumph of his opponent falling lifelessly to the earth. One of the Einherjar's is down, at least. Hopefully his body will be preserved enough to study.

Ramsus
2019-11-27, 12:22 PM
Conditions: Mage Armor & Conditions: Rage (3/10), Haste
Concentrating On: Haste (2/10)

Agama moves around, sweeping his glaive through the fog trying to find their other opponent.

Agama will move first to L3 and then L2. If he sees the remaining enemy outside of the fog he rushes over to attack it. Otherwise he moves down to L4 and then to K5 from there down to K8 then to L9 and M9 making his way back up to M4 sweeping his glaive around to see if he touches anything other than the Statues. If he does, he'll make his attacks against it. If he does encounter anything he calls out. If he never encounters anything he moves to M5 and readies an attack against the first enemy he becomes aware of.

Attack 1: [roll0]

Attack 2: [roll4]
disadvantage: [roll5]

Attack 3: [roll8]
disadvantage: [roll9]

Diceomancer
2019-12-07, 07:22 PM
Fabien
Fabien launches another Eldritch blast at where he guesses the remaining foe is.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Viet
Viet sends another blot at the final Einherjar, in the same place as before.

[roll4]
Dex DC 17 half

Arzanyos
2019-12-14, 05:39 PM
As Agama exits the fog, he sees the remaining Einherjar fleeing through the streets and rushes to catch up.

Ramsus
2019-12-15, 12:37 PM
Concentrating On: Haste (3/10)

Agama seeing his opponent fleeing almost immediately after beginning his search gives chase and attacks. He also calls out, "It is escaping this way, past the fog!"

Larimarle runs straight through the fog, trying to get as close as she can, though she still winds up within the fog at the moment.

Agama moves to new N3 and makes all his attack from my previous post without disadvantage. Which I believe included a crit!

Larimarle dashes from I20 to L8.

Arzanyos
2020-01-09, 01:11 AM
Agama's attacks land with a fury that is terrifying to behold, although it is still diminished by the otherworldly nature of his foes armor. (30 damage.) He also will get an opportunity attack, as the Einherjar is going to dash away with no thought to defense.

Arzanyos
2020-01-26, 10:17 PM
Agama's opportunity attack does another six damage. As it stands now, Fabien and Viet's attacks won't hit, but since you made your post before Agama revealed the Einherjar's location, you can change what they're doing.

Arzanyos
2020-03-13, 04:59 PM
Fabien's magic strikes the fleeing armor square in the back, sending crashing to the ground. It jerks a few times in an attempt to rise, then falls still.

Ramsus
2020-03-20, 12:05 PM

It takes both Larimarle and Agama a few moments to realize the fight is over because of the fog. When they do, they go over to examine the mechanical foes they were fighting and begin examining them.

Neither of my character actually have any Int skills, so unless Perception is required here I'd just like them both to Help Diceomancer's characters so they get advantage on their rolls.

Diceomancer
2020-03-22, 09:46 AM
Fabien
Fabien studies the fallen Einherjar.

Investigation:
[roll0]

If Fabien gets advantage from Larimarle or Agama: [roll1]

Viet
Viet keeps an eye on the statues.

Arzanyos
2020-03-31, 08:22 PM
The fog cloud begins to dissipate, allowing the group to survey the results of the battle. A couple of the statues have been destroyed by the Einherjar's attacks. The stone inside seems remarkably detailed, and something black and shiny is embedded in one of them.

Fabien's studies don't yield much. The Einherar have been disfigured by the lightning, and the melts in their armor prevents closer analysis of their inner workings. It can be concluded, however, that nothing living was ever inside the armor. As well, examining their arm reveals a metal tube, with the remnants of some sort of powder on it. Presumably, this is their gun.

Ramsus
2020-04-01, 12:43 PM

Agama tries to dig out the black shiny thing from the stone. If he manages to do so or if he can't manage to, Larimarle attempts determine if it's magical and what it does.

Ritual casting Identify on the black shiny thing.

Also, I think you missed my post in the OOC a few days ago.

Arzanyos
2020-04-06, 02:20 AM
Agama is easily able to excavate the black shiny, albeit with the unfortunate consequence of causing the rest of the statue to collapse. It turns out to be a small skull, carven from obsidian.

As Larimarle studies the skull, she learns it is part of a dark ritual wherein a petrified being is granted a semblance of life. The skull houses a vestige of the person the statue used to be, and as such, can recall a small part of it's past. However, getting the skull to share what it knows would take a significant feat of magic, and failure would mean the vestige slipping away.

You can make an Arcana check and ask a question to the skull to try your luck. But remember, you only get one shot.

Ramsus
2020-04-06, 12:11 PM

Larimarle explains what she learned about the obsidian skull to the other three, she's willing to help Viet or Fabien with an attempt but isn't confident in trying to do so on her own. Or if it's even the right thing to do.

Diceomancer
2020-04-08, 08:08 PM
Viet
"That's na' what I'd call natural. Maybe find our how it got like that?

Fabien
"Agreed. I'd like to know who or what would have done this to whoever this was. Perhaps then we can figure out for what reason."

Ramsus
2020-04-09, 12:04 PM

Agama and Larimarle nod in agreement, "That seems like a good place to start, yeah."