PDA

View Full Version : Screen Shots

Gaelbert
2007-09-21, 10:19 PM
Just a quick little question. I have a Windows XP set up on my computer, and I was wondering how to take a screenshot. I think it has something to do with ctrl shift or something like that. Help, please?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-09-21, 10:20 PM
Alt+Print Screen

Catch
2007-09-21, 10:23 PM
Just press PrtScn, then open MSPaint and hit Ctrl + V.

Gaelbert
2007-09-21, 10:23 PM
I feel like a newb... what's print screen?
Nevermind. I found it. Many thanks.

crimson77
2007-09-21, 10:51 PM
When you get Vista, you can use a program called Snipping Tool which works like a screen shot but you can just make a window of what you want to select. It is much better than screenshots.

Geode
2007-09-21, 11:59 PM
There are lots of free screenshot capture programs for Windows already. I've heard that this (http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/?prnscr) one is very good. You can activate it with a hot key and capture the whole screen or a smaller area.

tannish2
2007-09-22, 02:47 AM
as the question has been answered in multiple ways i must now give mine, which is superior in every way

1. create a detailed description of whats currently on your screen, pixel by pixel if nessicary
2. raise an army of ninjas, and then make them cyborgs
3. send the army of cyborg ninjas to attack your enemies
4. conquer earth with your army of cyborg ninjas. brainwash additional members if nessicary
5. who the **** needs a screenshot, your supreme overlord of earth? commision your own OS and a UI with a special button that does it exactly how you like it if its that important to you.