PDA

View Full Version : Metal work and martiel ideas

Marywn
2018-12-11, 03:36 PM
I was thinking of adding some different martials that can be used in the making of armor, weapons arrows, etc.
I need some ideas, so send some out! I'd like to see the properties you guys come up with.
[Also, I'm bad at spelling materials]

Man_Over_Game
2018-12-11, 03:44 PM
I was thinking of adding some different martials that can be used in the making of armor, weapons arrows, etc.
I need some ideas, so send some out! I'd like to see the properties you guys come up with.

I'm not 100% sure what it is you're asking, honestly.

Are you asking about builds related to warriors who can create armor effectively?

Are you asking about homebrews where warrior-types create armor as part of their identity?

Or are you asking about "properties" of the weapon-smithing process, or "properties" of weapons to make warriors more interesting (like grappling weapons)?

Marywn
2018-12-11, 03:49 PM
I'm not 100% sure what it is you're asking, honestly.

Are you asking about builds related to warriors who can create armor effectively?

Are you asking about homebrews where warrior-types create armor as part of their identity?

Or are you asking about "properties" of the weapon-smithing process, or "properties" of weapons to make warriors more interesting (like grappling weapons)?
I'm talking about ores or other different things of that nature. The properties would also help me with ideas.

xroads
2018-12-11, 04:04 PM
[Also, I'm bad at spelling materials]

Bone. Obsidian (think macuahuitl (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macuahuitl)). Bronze.

Man_Over_Game
2018-12-11, 04:18 PM
Crystals, tree sap, specially grown mushrooms that grow into specific shapes (disk for a shield, long for a blade) that have malleable insides that are easy to hollow out but are hardened on the outside. Sand that's burned with magic to become glass weapons that don't shatter.

And the classics: Adamantium (Strong), Mithril (Light), Cobalt (Toxic/magical).