View Full Version : Twin Spell Question

Mr.Spastic
2018-12-11, 06:03 PM
Can you use Twinned Spell meta magic on a spell like Spiritual weapon and get two spiritual weapons? Granted, if this did work like that, you would only be able to control one at a time afterwards but you could have them different strategic locations.

UnintensifiedFa
2018-12-11, 06:09 PM
Sadly no, besides the bonus action limitations of using it, the spell must only be capable of targeting one creature, spiritual weapon does not fit this criterea, as it is an effect that is capable of affecting many creatures in it’s lifetime.

However: I personally have a sorcerer (divine soul) who I’ve allowed the use of spirit weapon as an action as well, and allowed them to twin it) it hadn’t broke my game and is an interesting idea if your dm’s up for it.

Mr.Spastic
2018-12-11, 06:11 PM
Sadly no, besides the bonus action limitations of using it, the spell must only be capable of targeting one creature, spiritual weapon does not fit this criterea, as it is an effect that is capable of affecting many creatures in it’s lifetime.

However: I personally have a sorcerer (divine soul) who I’ve allowed the use of spirit weapon as an action as well, and allowed them to twin it) it hadn’t broke my game and is an interesting idea if your dm’s up for it.

Thanks. It sound like you could get up to some shenanigans with the action usage as spiritual weapon is not concentration. I like the idea of just having spiritual swords flying all over the place though.

Man_Over_Game
2018-12-11, 06:17 PM
Thanks. It sound like you could get up to some shenanigans with the action usage as spiritual weapon is not concentration. I like the idea of just having spiritual swords flying all over the place though.

I've actually been thinking about making a homebrew that's the Arcane Trickster special hand ability, but replaced with swords, either as a Sorcerer, Warlock, or Fighter. I haven't ironed out the details, but it'd look a lot like your idea.