PDA

View Full Version : Player Help 5e bloodhunter order of lycan/ cleric of selun knowledge domain

Lichemporer
2018-12-12, 10:16 AM
So to start things off i am a level 4 blood hunter soon to be level 1 cleric of selune. I'm a neutral good goliath, werebear whose entire clan was killed by its chief. i am the only known survivor and was taken into the order to help get justice and bring down the darker powers that helped destroy my clan. i am mainly in need of help with my clerical information. with the knowledge domain i get 2 new languages, skills and some other things like spells. is this magically granted by Selune or earned through hard work? i really need help because it is my first cleric and there is little to know explanation on how skills are obtained when choosing the knowledge domain. oh and does the goddess have issues with bladed weapons? i can offer more info if needed on my character or campaign.

Mimersbrųnd
2018-12-12, 10:28 AM
Selūne was once a wielder of the Moon Blade, a 3.5 weapon spell. So I don't see a reason she would hate bladed weapons, though her favored weapon in 3.5 was a heavy mace. This is the only thing i could find about her weapon preference, nothing in 5e answers your question as far i find, so ask your DM.

The things you learn as you level can be interpretended in any way you want. Whether you learn it magically, being bestowed their power by your god or patron, if its something you have trained for a while and now you are finally done training and considered proficient. You have complete character fluff control.

But really, you should ask your DM, he/she can answer your questions easier.

Man_Over_Game
2018-12-12, 11:29 AM
So to start things off i am a level 4 blood hunter soon to be level 1 cleric of selune. I'm a neutral good goliath, werebear whose entire clan was killed by its chief. i am the only known survivor and was taken into the order to help get justice and bring down the darker powers that helped destroy my clan. i am mainly in need of help with my clerical information. with the knowledge domain i get 2 new languages, skills and some other things like spells. is this magically granted by Selune or earned through hard work? i really need help because it is my first cleric and there is little to know explanation on how skills are obtained when choosing the knowledge domain. oh and does the goddess have issues with bladed weapons? i can offer more info if needed on my character or campaign.

The fun part is about 5e is that the flavor of everything doesn't matter. You can reskin the Eldritch Knight to be a techno-mage that harnesses the energy of portals within his armor when he equips it that allows him to attack faster and eventually teleport.

There are no rules for what happens when someone loses a level in regards to things like skill proficiencies, so talk to your DM. Ask them whether or not changing your class/levels is possible within his campaign, and whether or not you'd lose your proficiencies from the class you just lost.

If it's possible to lose the proficiencies, it's likely that those are abilities inherent to the supernatural powers of the class (Selune gave them to you).

If you can still lose your Cleric levels but are allowed to keep your proficiencies, they're something you learned.

If the DM decides you cannot change your Cleric levels once you have them, then either scenario (Selune gave them to you, or you learned them yourself) is equally plausible and is your decision.