PDA

View Full Version : Knights of the Eternal Order - Do they still exist?

nickl_2000
2018-12-12, 10:45 AM
I'm starting lots of research on a new campaign and character that will be happening once we finish up our current ones. One of the characters I'm looking at is a Conquest Paladin who focuses on intimidation and scaring the heck out of everyone on the battlefield (and off). Based on the research I've done Kelemvor seems like a really good fit for a Conquest Paladin and I same some stuff about the Knights of the Eternal Order in 3.5 FR stuff. The campaign will be in FR and will likely be Dragonheist followed by Dungeon of the Mad Mage.

Do the knights still exist in the 5e Dragon heist timeframe? Does a conquest paladin seem like it will work alright in Dragonheist?

Unoriginal
2018-12-12, 10:50 AM
I don't know if the Knights still exist (my guess is probably, unless there is a book mentioning they have been destroyed) but a Conquest Paladin would be more than fine in Dragon Heist.

Just remember the campaign usually ends by the time you reach lvl 5, so that'll only be 2 levels where you're a Conquest Paladin in term of class abilities.

nickl_2000
2018-12-12, 10:54 AM
I don't know if the Knights still exist (my guess is probably, unless there is a book mentioning they have been destroyed) but a Conquest Paladin would be more than fine in Dragon Heist.

Just remember the campaign usually ends by the time you reach lvl 5, so that'll only be 2 levels where you're a Conquest Paladin in term of class abilities.

The DM has already bought and will be running Dungeon of the Mad Mage with the same character set once we finish Dragon Heist. So, there will be plenty of more levels to see the Conquest Paladin abilities.

Unoriginal
2018-12-12, 10:59 AM
Then you don't have to worry.

If the Knights actually have been destroyed, then you could just re-start them as the Knights of the Revived Order (or keep the same name if you're not affraid of the irony).

Not the first time an organization would claim to be the continuation of another one which has stopped existing.

nickl_2000
2018-12-12, 11:07 AM
Then you don't have to worry.

If the Knights actually have been destroyed, then you could just re-start them as the Knights of the Revived Order (or keep the same name if you're not affraid of the irony).

Not the first time an organization would claim to be the continuation of another one which has stopped existing.

I don't have a problem being the child of a previous knight who is following in his parent's footsteps even though the order is dead. I would like it to be accurate though if I can :smallsmile: