PDA

View Full Version : OOTS #1148 - The Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2

The Giant
2018-12-12, 11:19 AM
New comic is up.

Peelee
2018-12-12, 11:22 AM
Well I was certainly wrong about Minrah.

Pablo360
2018-12-12, 11:24 AM
As much as I expected this, it's still cool, and I love the imagery of Minrah turning around while already halfway across Bifrost.

I also love the fact that she wants to be alive so she can “have kids, adopt kids, or decide [she doesn't] want kids.”

Crisis21
I hope Minrah gets to come back and have lots of kids.

Eldritch Queen
Yeah! I knew she wasn't finished yet! Go Minrah! :smallbiggrin:

heavyfuel
2018-12-12, 11:25 AM
I'm really sad we didn't get to see Durkon back to the land of the living... Hopefully next comic starts with him being punched in the face again, only this time by Hilgya and/or Belkar

Iruka
2018-12-12, 11:25 AM
Wooo, more Minrah!

I did not expect this to happen, but I think I understand her decision. Party in Valhalla is great, but that also pretty much means she is done with choices.

draigan
2018-12-12, 11:26 AM
Glad to have Durkon on his way back.

The visuals in this one where especially nice.

Happy i checked before heading to bed.

Mad Humanist
2018-12-12, 11:27 AM
My 9-year old daughter out-predicted me. She thought there would be another strip in the afterlife.

AnimeSensei
I wonder what Minrah will do after she's resurrected? Do we have a new OOTS sidekick? Everyone seems to be getting or has a sidekick.... Banjo, Mr. Scruffy, Blackwing, Bloodfeast, Minrah, Elan....

Pablo360
When Durkon does contact Thor, his Commune spell will have to be very carefully worded; RAW it needs to be yes/no questions.

Stabbey
2018-12-12, 11:30 AM
Heck yeah, Minrah. Looking forward to what comes next.

warmachine
2018-12-12, 11:31 AM
So when Durkon casts Commune, one of Thor's minions answers instead?

Peelee
2018-12-12, 11:33 AM
When Durkon does contact Thor, his Commune spell will have to be very carefully worded; RAW it needs to be yes/no questions.

Ten gold says a high level cleric knows that.

Rrmcklin
2018-12-12, 11:40 AM
Huh, well that's a thing. I get it, though I wouldn't get my hopes up for her being immediately revived or plot-relevant.

Kantaki
2018-12-12, 11:40 AM

You're betting on a member of the Order actually being compent for once?
Risky.
I think I'll err on the side of comedy.:smalltongue:

Chei
2018-12-12, 11:42 AM
Good for Minrah. I felt like she'd get brought back since she was there for the big important Snarl exposition, and I've spent enough time with the kid with the puppet to know that matters.

Also, aww, Durkon. Your devotion to your god is really heartwarming. What a good cleric.

AdmiralCheez
2018-12-12, 11:43 AM
I had a feeling she wasn't done yet. You can't just hear the great cosmic secret of the universe and then just be like, "Well... good luck with that! See ya!"

zimmerwald1915
You're betting on a member of the Order actually being compent for once?
Risky.
I think I'll err on the side of comedy.:smalltongue:
That would be comedy disrupting a potentially very dramatic moment, rather than comedy in a vacuum. I'd rather not bet on that, myself.

ottdmk
I continue to be impressed with Rich's ability to make this comic very, very touching. Go Minrah! Pity about that lost level but hey, what can ya do, ya know? :smallbiggrin:

GregTD
2018-12-12, 11:44 AM
"You're the best God!" :-)

Good for Minrah! Because she's right, she is NOT done yet. Not if she has any of the characteristics that one would hope it find in a cleric of Thor.

Blatt
2018-12-12, 11:44 AM
I was expecting her to jump into the ring and get dragged down in some weird mass resurrection thing. Either that, or Thor pushing her into the ring and saying, "you go girl!"

zimmerwald1915
2018-12-12, 11:46 AM
I had a feeling she wasn't done yet. You can't just hear the great cosmic secret of the universe and then just be like, "Well... good luck with that! See ya!"
Not the great cosmic secret of the universe. The planet within the planet still has yet to be explained, since Thor said all the previous worlds were destroyed.

Celestia
2018-12-12, 11:47 AM
Ten gold says Thor breaks the rules of the spell because he don't give a fluff.

Kish
2018-12-12, 11:48 AM
That would be comedy disrupting a potentially very dramatic moment, rather than comedy in a vacuum. I'd rather not bet on that, myself.
For my part, I wouldn't be surprised if Rich handwaves that Commune functions like Greg's chats with Hel, shrugging, "Only yes-or-no questions by D&D rules, yes, I don't care."

2.5 cats
2018-12-12, 11:49 AM
"I still have stuff I wanted to do." strikes me as an almost-universal complaint by those who die young (and many who don't). Given how few people get raised, I'm not sure if that's sufficient reason.

Entirely possible that Durkon won't have the opportunity to raise Minrah until after the whole main plot is resolved, at which point Minrah will be like "The world's out of danger? On second thought, I'm good staying in Valhalla."

zimmerwald1915
2018-12-12, 11:50 AM
For my part, I wouldn't be surprised if Rich handwaves that Commune functions like Greg's chats with Hel
Right, forgot about those.

zimmerwald1915
2018-12-12, 11:51 AM
"I still have stuff I wanted to do." strikes me as an almost-universal complaint by those who die young (and many who don't). Given how few people get raised, I'm not sure if that's sufficient reason.
A sufficient reason for what? For folks wanting to get raised, or for people to want to raise them?

Linneris
2018-12-12, 11:53 AM
Minrah's speech bubble on page 2 panel 2 has an error. "Or Or decide if I even want kids". With two "Or"'s.

Edit: Fixed now.

schmunzel
2018-12-12, 11:54 AM

In Retrospect I need to say that Rich spend to much time on her to let go of her just yet.

sch

Nazzo, the 102nd
2018-12-12, 11:54 AM
Ok, I am shipping Durkon and Minrah now. Hilgya might die and little Kudzu will need someone to take care. That would be her. Also, this talk of kids might be a sign. Or not. :smallbiggrin:

I liked the panel from Durkon's POV, with Minrah in the front and Thor and Odin in the back. I'm not sure what, but I sense that is is important.

Also: SPLONF!

What happened to the quatloos?

2.5 cats
2018-12-12, 11:58 AM
A sufficient reason for what? For folks wanting to get raised, or for people to want to raise them?

Both, really.

I mean, in the perfect world everyone gets raised if they want to be. But it seems like the correct response to a request like that is "Get in line." Unless there's a specific, important task that Minrah is uniquely suited for.

The Pilgrim
Way to go, Minrah!

factotum
Entirely possible that Durkon won't have the opportunity to raise Minrah until after the whole main plot is resolved, at which point Minrah will be like "The world's out of danger? On second thought, I'm good staying in Valhalla."

Possible, but would make this entire dramatic turn-round on behalf of Minrah entirely pointless, so why did we just waste most of a strip on it?

Rrmcklin
2018-12-12, 11:59 AM
Both, really.

I mean, in the perfect world everyone gets raised if they want to be. But it seems like the correct response to a request like that is "Get in line." Unless there's a specific, important task that Minrah is uniquely suited for.

How is that the "correct" response? It's not like there's a line of people waiting for Durkon, specifically, to raise them.

zimmerwald1915
2018-12-12, 11:59 AM
Both, really.

If you must apply that kind of calculus, then here you go:

:durkon: Ach, I fergot a crucial bit o' information Thor tol' me. If only I hadda backup!

KorvinStarmast
2018-12-12, 12:00 PM
"Yes, we can grab a pint inside while you wait"

"You're the best god"
and
"What is even the point of being a cleric if divine revelations can't change your mind?"
and
"Just don't forget, or I'll haunt you."

Much Minrah goodness.
--------------------------------
When she returns to OoTS world, I get the feeling that people will be struck by her passion, by her zeal in serving Thor.

Great strip, lots of smiles, and the joyful tone struck home.

The art style continues to please.

RaveDave92084
2018-12-12, 12:02 PM
Minrah is one of the BEST of the B-cast members.

I love her Hel be damned attitude, plus getting a quick beer or two before she gets rezzeed.

Even if she gets a face-to-face with Hel, I think Hel will get a piece of Minrah's mind, just like Durkon, if he has a face-to-face.

Dave

Breccia
2018-12-12, 12:03 PM
The lovers.

The dreamers.

And me.

Rrmcklin
2018-12-12, 12:04 PM
Ok, I am shipping Durkon and Minrah now. Hilgya might die and little Kudzu will need someone to take care. That would be her. Also, this talk of kids might be a sign. Or not. :smallbiggrin:

I liked the panel from Durkon's POV, with Minrah in the front and Thor and Odin in the back. I'm not sure what, but I sense that is is important.

My issues with Hilgya aside, that just sounds kind of cheap and distasteful.

chy03001
2018-12-12, 12:05 PM
I was hoping we could get a Stan Lee tribute like the Gary Gygax one. Why do pillars of our culture die when your PCs die? :-P

Peelee
2018-12-12, 12:08 PM

I deal in gold pieces and USD. I also figure a 1:1 conversion rate between them and quatloos and any other forum gambling currency.

ETA:
I was hoping we could get a Stan Lee tribute like the Gary Gygax one. Why do pillars of our culture die when your PCs die? :-P

Nope (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?573601-Any-chance-of-a-Stan-Lee-tribute-strip/page2&p=23532159#post23532159).

Wimblesaurus
2018-12-12, 12:09 PM
Well that was predictable.

The good kind of predictable.

Nazzo, the 102nd
2018-12-12, 12:10 PM
My issues with Hilgya aside, that just sounds kind of cheap and distasteful.

Eh, it might be, sorry. Maybe that is why I am not a famous writer. :smalltongue:

I may have read too much into this strip, but we are in the OotS forum. It's kinda the thing that we all do here, no? :smallbiggrin:

ratfox
2018-12-12, 12:11 PM
Minrah has checked in from Valhalla.
Having a pint with #bestgod @thor 🍺 🍺

eilandesq
2018-12-12, 12:14 PM
I'm a little disappointed if Minrah doesn't already have a fresh entry on the TV Tropes "Awesome" page for OotS by now.

Peelee
2018-12-12, 12:15 PM
I was expecting her to jump into the ring and get dragged down in some weird mass resurrection thing. Either that, or Thor pushing her into the ring and saying, "you go girl!"

She'd be constrained by the spell cast. Ain't nobody rezzing her means she ain't getting rezzed. Thor is bound by the same rules that bind all the other gods (like Hel) from pulling stuff like that.

Anarion
2018-12-12, 12:16 PM
That was really touching. And I hope that maybe, just maybe, Minrah ends up being part of the key to convincing the bad guys to do something different. The final situation with team Evil has certainly become a lot more complex.

whiteboar
2018-12-12, 12:16 PM
Minrah is one of the BEST of the B-cast members.

I love her Hel be damned attitude, plus getting a quick beer or two before she gets rezzeed.

Even if she gets a face-to-face with Hel, I think Hel will get a piece of Minrah's mind, just like Durkon, if he has a face-to-face.

Dave

Well, she does carry her fists in her heart...

gerryq
2018-12-12, 12:20 PM
Is "The Rainbow Rejection" a pop culture reference of any sort? Mostly the titles have some sort of reference and/or pun.

Possibly Rich decided to go with a pithy alliterative description this time, and why not? I was just wondering if there is a specific reference there.

Rrmcklin
2018-12-12, 12:20 PM
That was really touching. And I hope that maybe, just maybe, Minrah ends up being part of the key to convincing the bad guys to do something different. The final situation with team Evil has certainly become a lot more complex.

More likely, she's the Ian Starshine of the arc. Or Bandana, if you prefer. She certainly hasn't done anything that would imply or warrant such prominence.

The_Weirdo
2018-12-12, 12:22 PM

Easier, especially since Hilgya just helped the Order a lot:

Hilgya: "I want nothing to do with you, Durkon, but Kudzu might, so I'll let you visit. Here's my address."
Minrah: "I actually want to bump uglies with Durkon."
Durkon: "What???"
Hilgya: "Well, he's a womanizer, but it's your funeral, sis. No skin off my back. Just don't go teaching my son anything I wouldn't."
Minrah: "Like honor?"
Hilgya: "Yeah."
Minrah: "Kay. Come on, D, let's bump uglies."
Durkon: "WHAT???"

Mic_128
Very happy to see more of Minrah :)

Peelee
Is "The Rainbow Rejection" a pop culture reference of any sort? Mostly the titles have some sort of reference and/or pun.

Possibly Rich decided to go with a pithy alliterative description this time, and why not? I was just wondering if there is a specific reference there.

Ayep (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEnC5gwNAN0)!

I thought about linking Andy singing it in falsetto pig latin, but that's for another day.

RaveDave92084

Hopefully not ninja'd:

The Muppet Movie, song Rainbow Connection.

Pablo360
2018-12-12, 12:24 PM

“The Rainbow Connection”. it's a song from the original(?) Muppet movie.

EDIT: ninja'd

Ivrytwr
2018-12-12, 12:25 PM
Awesome. Thanks Giant!
Minrah is in for a bumpy landing.

Jaxzan Proditor
2018-12-12, 12:26 PM
Hah, so Minrah won’t be written off so easily after all. Although, she could be drinking that pint for a while, depending on exactly how easy access to diamonds is when Durkon returns.

So, who’s excited for Hilgya in the next strip

username1
2018-12-12, 12:28 PM
There’s going to be trouble between these two dwarfs. Seeing as her reasons for coming back has to do with kids, Durkon going to get lots of drama.

The_Weirdo
2018-12-12, 12:30 PM
There’s going to be trouble between these two dwarfs. Seeing as her reasons for coming back has to do with kids, Durkon going to get lots of drama.

You're assuming that Hilgya wants Durkon for herself (fairly unlikely) and that Minrah wants Durkon and only Durkon (fifty-fifty).

Rrmcklin
2018-12-12, 12:34 PM

Kids were just an example, the point was that she had a lot of living to do, that she's decided she still want a chance at.

jwhouk
2018-12-12, 12:35 PM
Yay Minrah!

And yes, Thor truly is the best of the gods.

zimmerwald1915
2018-12-12, 12:35 PM
I'm a little disappointed if Minrah doesn't already have a fresh entry on the TV Tropes "Awesome" page for OotS by now.
Be the change you wish to see in the world.

zimmerwald1915
2018-12-12, 12:38 PM
Minrah went out of her way to emphasize that she doesn't necessarily want kids - she wants to keep making choices.

I'll admit to having the thought "well, it's a shame that Mr. Burlew didn't nail down what Minrah does want out of her second chance at life wrt: kids, it would further define her character," but if everyone's going to fixate on the wanting kids part and ignore everything else - probably because womz - his was probably the right choice :smallannoyed:

The_Weirdo
2018-12-12, 12:42 PM
Minrah went out of her way to emphasize that she doesn't necessarily want kids - she wants to keep making choices.

I'll admit to having the thought "well, it's a shame that Mr. Burlew didn't nail down what Minrah does want out of her second chance at life wrt: kids, it would further define her character," but if everyone's going to fixate on the wanting kids part and ignore everything else - probably because womz - his was probably the right choice :smallannoyed:

Okay, so let me get this straight: my main emote to end my points is :smallbiggrin: and yours is :smallannoyed:, then, correct? I wonder what that says about the state of the world...

georgie_leech
2018-12-12, 12:43 PM

Do you want me to tell you that I just did the thing you told me to contact you about after I did the thing you wanted me to do?

Titanium Dragon
2018-12-12, 12:43 PM

Yes, it is a reference to the "Rainbow Connection." (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEnC5gwNAN0)

Sir_Norbert
2018-12-12, 12:44 PM
For once, one of my predictions came true :) And I'm really glad it did.

jwhouk
2018-12-12, 12:46 PM
One thing I just thought: Minrah's been blinded right before she died... does that hold over when she's rezzed?

nolongeralurker
2018-12-12, 12:47 PM
Well, I managed not to see that coming.

The_Weirdo
2018-12-12, 12:49 PM
One thing I just thought: Minrah's been blinded right before she died... does that hold over when she's rezzed?

Not really. A Rez spell is pretty much a Heal, minus one Constitution point or level. Besides, if a Cleric can cast Rez, they can cast Remove Blindness.

Resileaf
2018-12-12, 12:50 PM
I nominate Minrah as most pure character in OotS.

Peelee
2018-12-12, 12:52 PM

Yep:
Raise Dead

A raised creature has a number of hit points equal to its current Hit Dice. Any ability scores damaged to 0 are raised to 1. Normal poison and normal disease are cured in the process of raising the subject, but magical diseases and curses are not undone. While the spell closes mortal wounds and repairs lethal damage of most kinds, the body of the creature to be raised must be whole. Otherwise, missing parts are still missing when the creature is brought back to life. None of the dead creature’s equipment or possessions are affected in any way by this spell.

However, Remove Blindness is a 3rd level spell that she herself has access to, so it shouldn't be much of an issue.

The_Weirdo
2018-12-12, 12:54 PM
Yep:

However, Remove Blindness is a 3rd level spell that she herself has access to, so it shouldn't be much of an issue.

Well, so I was wrong. This feels new. :smallbiggrin:

Jay R
2018-12-12, 01:03 PM

Minrah: Oh, wait, did you talk to Tinna?
:durkon:: Nae, lass, I been savin' tha world.
Minrah: Oh, then yes, I need to come back for one more task.

Roderick_BR
2018-12-12, 01:09 PM
What can I say? Thor does know his followers well.

Caranda
2018-12-12, 01:10 PM
I have a hunch that durkon isn't being resurrected by Hylga, i don't know why. What if it's Redcloak himself who's casting? He could have been alerted by Loki/DarkOne...

Peelee
2018-12-12, 01:12 PM
I have a hunch that durkon isn't being resurrected by Hylga, i don't know why. What if it's Redcloak himself who's casting? He could have been alerted by Loki/DarkOne...

Other issues aside, Redcloak isn't a priestess of Loki (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1147.html).

zimmerwald1915
2018-12-12, 01:12 PM
The Deva confirmed Durkon's resurrector was a "priestess of Loki." Redcloak is a priest of the Dark One. Whoever it is resurrecting Durkon, it isn't Redcloak.

Lord Torath
2018-12-12, 01:13 PM
I nominate Minrah as most pure character in OotS.I counter-nominate Kudzu! :smallbiggrin:

I really like Minrah's fists as she threatens Durkon if she's not resurrected.

Thanks, Rich!

eilandesq
2018-12-12, 01:13 PM

The deva explicitly confirmed that the cleric casting the Resurrection was a female cleric of Loki. So not Redcloak or any other cleric of the Dark One, and not the Dark One himself. Unless Loki is playing genderbender games and fooled the identification signal that way, it's exactly what it seems to be.

Whelk
2018-12-12, 01:14 PM
Heck yes! I mean ... Valhalla yes, given the circumstances? I friggin love Minrah. I was hoping she'd do something like that. Even if she doesn't make it back for some reason, having seen her make that decision and effort is great.

Peelee
I counter-nominate Kudzu! :smallbiggrin:

Kudzu will grow. Eric will not. Counter-counter-nominate!

DaOldeWolf
Cool, its good to know that me wondering about Minrah´s purpose in the narrative was bigger like I though.

Caranda
2018-12-12, 01:15 PM
The Deva called Durkon's resurrector a "priestess of Loki." Redcloak is a priest of the Dark One. Whoever it is resurrecting Durkon, it isn't Redcloak.

Oh, yeah, I forgot that. Thanks for the correction :)

2D8HP
2018-12-12, 01:20 PM

You weren't alone, I thought that she'd take the ticket and stay.

"Yes, we can grab a pint inside while you wait"

"You're the best god"....

Minrah has checked in from Valhalla.
Having a pint with #bestgod @thor 🍺 🍺

I did think how awesome having that pint must be for Minrah, I predict inspiring sermons will result.

WolvesbaneIII
2018-12-12, 01:27 PM
What a great comic. I was a bit worried with the title, thinking something would go wrong, and as it stands, it went right.

I first thought, "whoa! hurry up durkon! You'll miss the ressurection and they'll think you didn't take them up on it due to (insert reason). "

But minrah wanting raised is a nice touch.

Well, hopefully they don't pull a roy and have a time skip more than a few hours.

Whats the word on the vampire spawn? are they free willed, or were they just thralls? If they were thralls, then they could in theory reject hels plan and just go about their unlives being free willed vampires, but I get the idea they were free willed, as the 1 vampire said her host was giving feed back.

On a side note, is there an option to get feed back when someone quotes you on the forum? or do I have to actively look for it? I've been doing the latter and it can be time consuming at times.

Fyraltari
2018-12-12, 01:28 PM
Yes! Minrah wants to come back after all! "I refuse to be done", that's the spirit!
Thor is still the best!
EDIT: Also, I did wonder what happened to the limo. Sad to learn even Heaven has budget troubles.

But the point is to inform Thor, not the other way around.

Durkon is not that important. The Giant might however, for the same reasons.

Both, really.

Uh, no? "I can't help everybody" is not a reason to help nobody. Unlike every other corpse in Firmament right now, Minrah's is not dust so she needs a lower-level spell. Besides she did give him a reason: he owes her that much.

What's stopping you from making one?

Easier, especially since Hilgya just helped the Order a lot:

Hilgya: "I want nothing to do with you, Durkon, but Kudzu might, so I'll let you visit. Here's my address."
Minrah: "I actually want to bump uglies with Durkon."
Durkon: "What???"
Hilgya: "Well, he's a womanizer, but it's your funeral, sis. No skin off my back. Just don't go teaching my son anything I wouldn't."
Minrah: "Like honor?"
Hilgya: "Yeah."
Minrah: "Kay. Come on, D, let's bump uglies."
Durkon: "WHAT???"
The correct term is "smite evil".
I'm on the fence about shipping these two. They do have chemistry.

I, for one, can certainly relate with not having a goddam clue what you want from life but wanting it badly! Isn't that what youth is for, anyway?

Whats the word on the vampire spawn? are they free willed, or were they just thralls? If they were thralls, then they could in theory reject hels plan and just go about their unlives being free willed vampires, but I get the idea they were free willed, as the 1 vampire said her host was giving feed back.
The way the Exaargh (and in fact all of the Creeder Vampire) behaved, he seemed to be neither a spawn nor a thrall, so a priori free-willed and still onboard.

zimmerwald1915
2018-12-12, 01:33 PM
I, for one, can certainly relate with not having a goddam clue what you want from life but wanting it badly! Isn't that what youth is for, anyway?
I thought youth was for molding yourself into a marketable worker before settling down to a life of drudgery and stress?

Peelee
2018-12-12, 01:35 PM
On a side note, is there an option to get feed back when someone quotes you on the forum? or do I have to actively look for it? I've been doing the latter and it can be time consuming at times.

Read the forum more obsessively. :smalltongue:

The_Weirdo
2018-12-12, 01:37 PM
The correct term is "smite evil".
I'm on the fence about shipping these two. They do have chemistry.

Wait, wait, wait.

Wait.

Wait.

Wait.

I thought youth was for molding yourself into a marketable worker before settling down to a life of drudgery and stress?

Oh, it can be for undergoing abuse at the hands of your peers while adults that should prevent that psychologically torture you in an attempt to have you be quiet about said abuse for their own financial gain as well.

Jasdoif
2018-12-12, 01:37 PM
I thought youth was for molding yourself into a marketable worker before settling down to a life of drudgery and stress?Nah, that's just what people wanting to extend their own youthful feelings at the expense of someone's else's drudgery and stress say.

137beth
2018-12-12, 01:38 PM
Sweet! I really hope we haven't seen the last of Minrah in the comic.

Fyraltari
2018-12-12, 01:41 PM
You know, I thought you were being more positive, recently. All things must come to an end, I guess.

Wait, wait, wait.

Wait.

Wait.

Wait.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/ToMjGpz81S7usvTIM8w/200w.gif?cid=3640f6095c11564a6d7a673463e5d7ba

The_Weirdo
2018-12-12, 01:43 PM
https://media3.giphy.com/media/ToMjGpz81S7usvTIM8w/200w.gif?cid=3640f6095c11564a6d7a673463e5d7ba

Cool. Keep waiting.

Stabbey
2018-12-12, 01:43 PM

Not a problem at all. "Does Thor know that I have successfully gotten the Dark One's cleric to agree to the plan?"

Fyraltari
2018-12-12, 01:47 PM
Cool. Keep waiting.

Wait for what?

Lexible
2018-12-12, 01:52 PM
"...but this only happened three months ago."

Does the deva's comment correspond to a specific PC or antagonists event in the OotS timeline?

Peelee
2018-12-12, 01:53 PM

Does the deva's comment correspond to a specific PC or antagonists event in the OotS timeline?

Even if it does, it's coincidental and unrelated.

The_Weirdo
2018-12-12, 01:58 PM
Wait for what?

Precisely.

Jasdoif
2018-12-12, 01:58 PM
Wait for what?The results of the committee's review.

LuPuWei
2018-12-12, 01:59 PM
That was unexpectedly touching. :smallsmile:

zimmerwald1915
2018-12-12, 02:01 PM
You know, I thought you were being more positive, recently. All things must come to an end, I guess.
Indeed. But the bad things as well as the good.

Wysper
2018-12-12, 02:07 PM

From the d20srd
" In cases where a one-word answer would be misleading or contrary to the deity’s interests, a short phrase (five words or less) may be given as an answer instead.

Plus, we know the Giant will bend the rules for the Narrative.

Yendor
2018-12-12, 02:09 PM

Uh, what? He's clearly talking about the slaad incident from the previous strip.

Fyraltari
2018-12-12, 02:11 PM
Indeed. But the bad things as well as the good.

That's more like it! :smallsmile:

zimmerwald1915
2018-12-12, 02:14 PM
Uh, what? He's clearly talking about the slaad incident from the previous strip.
Which at least confirms that that particular slaad is not the MitD.

Lexible
2018-12-12, 02:15 PM

Yes. And I am asking if the slaad incident coincides with either a PC or antagonist event from 3 months prior in the OotS timeline (because perhaps these will turn out to be related).

Basement Cat
2018-12-12, 02:15 PM
Seriously, Thor is just the best. He's cool, can be related to, and after a billion worlds or so worth of experience he's very grounded and not at all full of himself.

This Thor is a Thor I could be a cleric of in the OotS's world.

Peelee
2018-12-12, 02:16 PM
Yes. And I am asking if the slaad incident coincides with either a PC or antagonist event from 3 months prior in the OotS timeline (because perhaps these will turn out to be related).

The world being bigger than just a handful of characters is a good thing, though.

Particle_Man
2018-12-12, 02:26 PM

Even if it does, it's coincidental and unrelated.

Let's see, I think a slaadi appeared on Elan's shoulder when he first was thinking about whether or not to rescue his evil brother Nale. A slaadi was mentioned but rejected (you don't want him here) when Belkar's two fiends were trying to convince him about which type of evil he should be (during the battle of Azure city). In theory it could all be the same slaad?

Other than that, I got nothing.

Grey_Wolf_c
2018-12-12, 02:32 PM
Let's see, I think a slaadi appeared on Elan's shoulder when he first was thinking about whether or not to rescue his evil brother Nale. A slaadi was mentioned but rejected (you don't want him here) when Belkar's two fiends were trying to convince him about which type of evil he should be (during the battle of Azure city). In theory it could all be the same slaad?

Other than that, I got nothing.

No no no no.

Your line was "Redcloak's niece"

Grey Wolf

Wysper
2018-12-12, 02:38 PM
I just realized that Durkon is gonna get rezzed, and then be like "Hey, I know I've been secretly evil and undermined you, but I'm all good now. BTW, We need to meet up with Redcloak and partner with him to save the universe."

I see that going over well.

Grey_Wolf_c
2018-12-12, 02:40 PM
I just realized that Durkon is gonna get rezzed, and then be like "Hey, I know I've been secretly evil and undermined you, but I'm all good now. BTW, We need to meet up with Redcloak and partner with him to save the universe."

Yeah, but he can follow it up with "Thor told me to, and to prove it, he also told me where to find this amazing Thor-branded Thor-approved Hammer-of-awesomeness"

Grey Wolf

Rrmcklin
2018-12-12, 02:40 PM

Yes, because they already know it wasn't him in control. The Vampire was not Durkon (not until that last second anyway).

Ironsmith
2018-12-12, 02:44 PM

For extra irony, I can see Roy being understandably skeptical, while Belkar's just all "Cool. Let's go find ourselves a hammer."

Grey_Wolf_c
2018-12-12, 02:57 PM
For extra irony, I can see Roy being understandably skeptical, while Belkar's just all "Cool. Let's go find ourselves a hammer."

Hey, Belkar has his faults - heck, he is practically nothing but faults - but he is a very good snap judge of character. If nothing else, because it takes one to know one.

Grey Wolf

D.One
2018-12-12, 03:00 PM
"I'm not done yet. I refuse to be done yet."

Loved it.

That's why I like Minrah. That's how heroes are made.

Not with self-excuses. Not with self-justifications. Not with blame throwing.

Gluteus_Maximus
2018-12-12, 03:06 PM
Ah, Another element of Durkon's middle name "Allotrope": this love triangle thats developing. Add that to the list, to go with his body and vampire soul and the fact that he was all like deal with it with his clanking and later says he could have prepared spells for stealth.

nolongeralurker
2018-12-12, 03:07 PM
Caught this thread early on a day I have some spare time, which hasn't happened for a while [apparently long enough that I had to relearn how to link stuff]. So here goes:

Kudzu will grow. Eric will not. Counter-counter-nominate!

Actually, he may.

As others have said, go for it!! (Though I'm one to talk, as I still have some OotS troping work left undone that I should really finish one of these days.)

Oh man, I can relate. Although in my case it's more that I have a [I]lot of clues, which need sorting. How to Pick a Career (That Actually Fits You) (https://waitbutwhy.com/2018/04/picking-career.html) is a helpful thing to read.

No, it's for figuring out what you're uniquely suited for and called to do in your life.
And work doesn't have to be drudgery (see for instance the Praxis Apprenticeship Program (https://discoverpraxis.com/)), and you don't have to decide your entire career right now (see the other thing I linked above).

Oh, it can be for undergoing abuse at the hands of your peers while adults that should prevent that psychologically torture you in an attempt to have you be quiet about said abuse for their own financial gain as well.

I used to lurk here a while ago and I remember you mentioning something about that, and now that I have an account I just want to say that I'm really, really sorry that you had to go through that. Life really sucks sometimes. :smallfrown:

Nobody's said this yet (unless I get ninja'ed, anyway), so: What if this is a narrative reason for Minrah to be raised? A witness that Durkon's telling the truth!

Peelee
2018-12-12, 03:10 PM
Actually, he may. [Insert Giant quote about Eric possibly growing up in the Afterlife. I'll spend more time looking for it if I have to but someone else probably already knows exactly where it is. Jasdoif??]

Not to the best (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?434019-After-vs-Life/page2&p=19683417#post19683417) of my recollection (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?434019-After-vs-Life&p=19680985#post19680985).

PixelKirby
2018-12-12, 03:11 PM
Slips are coming slowly, can’t come fast enough, ack!

zimmerwald1915
2018-12-12, 03:17 PM
and you don't have to decide your entire career right now (see the other thing I linked above).
It's funny that you're offering this advice because I'm quite locked into a career and have been for some time :smallwink:

Doug Lampert
2018-12-12, 03:21 PM

It needs to be questions that could be answered by a yes or no, the response can be other single words or short phrases.

You contact your deity—or agents thereof —and ask questions that can be answered by a simple yes or no. (A cleric of no particular deity contacts a philosophically allied deity.) You are allowed one such question per caster level. The answers given are correct within the limits of the entity’s knowledge. “Unclear” is a legitimate answer, because powerful beings of the Outer Planes are not necessarily omniscient. In cases where a one-word answer would be misleading or contrary to the deity’s interests, a short phrase (five words or less) may be given as an answer instead.

The spell, at best, provides information to aid character decisions. The entities contacted structure their answers to further their own purposes. If you lag, discuss the answers, or go off to do anything else, the spell ends.

Peelee
2018-12-12, 03:27 PM
It's funny that you're offering this advice because I'm quite locked into a career and have been for some time :smallwink:

Better call Zimmerwald!:smalltongue: You could even have a logo in Hamlindigo blue.

The_Weirdo
2018-12-12, 03:28 PM
I used to lurk here a while ago and I remember you mentioning something about that, and now that I have an account I just want to say that I'm really, really sorry that you had to go through that. Life really sucks sometimes. :smallfrown:

It is what it is. Thank you for your kind words. And yes, I'm seeking psychological counseling for this and several other issues.

To be sure, I always made a point of highlighting that what I went through explains my positions, but does not in itself justify them.

Now, back to fun, gleefully psychopathic Weirdo: I find it both amazing that your name wasn't already taken for, like, years and surprising that you chose to define yourself on "I used to lurk, but I got better". Welcome to the jungle, we've got fun, games and damaged Brazilians arguing for revolutions. :smallbiggrin:

Better call Zimmerwald!:smalltongue: You could even have a logo in Hamlindigo blue.

If there's one person that doesn't believe it's all good, man, it's Zim. He's like Greyview, except he absolutely refuses to nod in order to get the treat. Instead, he shakes his head and gets his dignity. :smallbiggrin:
(And yes, I mean that as a compliment)

Rinazina
2018-12-12, 03:46 PM
Banjo, Mr. Scruffy, Blackwing, Bloodfeast, Minrah, Elan....
When I realized Elan is Roy's, I had a decent 6-9 seconds of contained laugh.

Indeed we can't expect this enlarged party would face X and RedClock with: Azurites+OOTS+Minrah+(Hilga?). Something else would happen.

Bonus: I hope Minrah can keep her the voucher for free beer, that's something to ramble about with kids.

faustin
2018-12-12, 03:48 PM
"Only in death does duty end."
Minrah: "Thor, hold my beer."

Ironsmith
2018-12-12, 04:10 PM

"Sir, I've been reading the spell description on Commune, and I'm not sure it can actually DO that..." (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0353.html)

ross
2018-12-12, 04:17 PM
"it's own form of torture"

change it's -> its

gerryq
2018-12-12, 04:19 PM
Hopefully not ninja'd:

The Muppet Movie, song Rainbow Connection.

Thanks to you and the others who answered my question!

The_Weirdo
2018-12-12, 04:40 PM
"Sir, I've been reading the spell description on Commune, and I'm not sure it can actually DO that..." (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0353.html)

Thor: "Don't worry, I'll stick to the rules this time. Five words maximum, right?"
Durkon, after casting Commune: "Thor, what should I say?"
Thor: "WellhelloDurkonmyfaithful-clericIhopealliswellwithyou-nowasforwhatyoushouldsayyoushouldsayas-followsaddingofcoursethepausesbetween-thewordsDearDarkOne..." *Fifty minutes of Talking-is-a-free-action later* "...and screw you, Hel."

Kareasint
2018-12-12, 04:42 PM
Minrah is about to earn some serious street cred at the Hall.

Verappo
2018-12-12, 04:54 PM
Wohoo, so happy for Minrah, this just made sense for a comic that is so much about trying to uphold heroic values in the face of uncertain odds.

And now we can FINALLY focus on the Bandana/Minrah/Gnome from Tinkertown love triangle we deserve! I expect a whole spin-off book.

Jasdoif
2018-12-12, 04:57 PM
(Note: the software seems to be adding the space and ruining my joke :smallfrown:)vBulletin adds spaces so browsers can word wrap instead of having to resort to horizontal scrolling (which ruins jokes and lives). Try separating the words with dashes.

Fyraltari
2018-12-12, 04:57 PM
When I realized Elan is Roy's, I had a decent 6-9 seconds of contained laugh.

Indeed we can't expect this enlarged party would face X and RedClock with: Azurites+OOTS+Minrah+(Hilga?). Something else would happen.
Don't forget the sky pirates! Bandana at least could tag along.

Thor: "Don't worry, I'll stick to the rules this time. Five words maximum, right?"
Thor: "WellhelloDurkonmyfaithfulclericIhopealliswellwithy ounowasforwhatyoushouldsayyoushouldsayasfollowsadd ingofcoursethepausesbetweenthewordsDearDarkOne..." *Fifty minutes of Talking-is-a-free-action later* "...and screw you, Hel." (Note: the software seems to be adding the space and ruining my joke :smallfrown:)
Got a chuckle out of me.
Durkon is supposed to call once Red has agreed though. So the question would rather be "When do we start ?"

The_Weirdo
2018-12-12, 05:00 PM
vBulletin adds spaces so browsers can word wrap instead of having to resort to horizontal scrolling (which ruins jokes and lives). Try separating the words with dashes.

The banana helps! I will not eat the banana tonight.

Elvensilver
2018-12-12, 05:06 PM
So what is the narrative purpose of Minrah being raised?

I suspect she is to be a comic relief. In the near future Belkar has some character developments to make and then, well, die, so not much fun to have here.
Durkon is finally back among the living- but so far in the arctic climate zone, he won't get to smite many trees.
V, Roy and Haley can still be funny, but the world is ending and they know better than that.
That leaves only Elan, and let's be honest: while we love him, we also understand why Roy is so irritated by him.

Minrah is back to liven up the (potential) end of the world!

hroþila
2018-12-12, 05:34 PM

I suspect she is to be a comic relief. In the near future Belkar has some character developments to make and then, well, die, so not much fun to have here.
Durkon is finally back among the living- but so far in the arctic climate zone, he won't get to smite many trees.
V, Roy and Haley can still be funny, but the world is ending and they know better than that.
That leaves only Elan, and let's be honest: while we love him, we also understand why Roy is so irritated by him.

Minrah is back to liven up the (potential) end of the world!
You're forgetting Blackwing, who is a major source of comedy these days. In a way, Minrah humour has a lot in common with some aspects of Blackwing humour, I think.

JumboWheat01
2018-12-12, 05:35 PM
At least she gets a pint of that outer-planes brew before any possible resurrection.

Fyraltari
2018-12-12, 05:42 PM
The seat really is for later. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1100.html)

Pocgels
2018-12-12, 05:42 PM
I love how Odin is all smiles!

Ruck
2018-12-12, 06:03 PM
Thor: "WellhelloDurkonmyfaithful-clericIhopealliswellwithyou-nowasforwhatyoushouldsayyoushouldsayas-followsaddingofcoursethepausesbetween-thewordsDearDarkOne..." *Fifty minutes of Talking-is-a-free-action later* "...and screw you, Hel."
Yeah, sort of like the classic trick, in the olden days of pay phones, of making a collect call from "Heyit'sRuckcomepickmeupfromthebar."

I don't think there is one, unless Hilgya or the Order needs a witness that Durkon is, indeed, telling the truth. And I don't think she's going on with the Order to Kraagor's Gate, because she's not nearly strong enough.

No, I still don't think Belkar will die before the climax of the story. This entire book took place in, what, a week's time? People have been guessing that he'd die almost ever since the prophecy was made, but as one of the six protagonists of the story, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Fyraltari
2018-12-12, 06:10 PM
No, I still don't think Belkar will die before the climax of the story. This entire book took place in, what, a week's time? People have been guessing that he'd die almost ever since the prophecy was made, but as one of the six protagonists of the story, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Mark my words, Belkar will die during the final battle against Xykon.

Peelee
2018-12-12, 06:12 PM
Yeah, sort of like the classic trick, in the olden days of pay phones, of making a collect call from "Heyit'sRuckcomepickmeupfromthebar."

There's an ever-shrinking subset of the population that will truly appreciate "You have a call from: wehadthebabyitsaboy"

Yendor
2018-12-12, 06:22 PM
I don't think there is one, unless Hilgya or the Order needs a witness that Durkon is, indeed, telling the truth. And I don't think she's going on with the Order to Kraagor's Gate, because she's not nearly strong enough.

I'm trying to imagine how they'd agree to raise Minrah if they didn't trust Durkon in the first place.

hamishspence
2018-12-12, 06:28 PM
[Insert Giant quote about Eric possibly growing up in the Afterlife. I'll spend more time looking for it if I have to but someone else probably already knows exactly where it is. Jasdoif??]

Not to the best (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?434019-After-vs-Life/page2&p=19683417#post19683417) of my recollection (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?434019-After-vs-Life&p=19680985#post19680985).

This was the quote:

And since people have mentioned how creeped out they are about the fact that Eric doesn't ever get to grow up, let's say that when everyone who knew him in life gets over their baggage about his death and ascends higher up the mountain, he either reincarnates or grows up or something. I don't know what. Something. Whatever doesn't creep you out. Again, not important to the story.

The MunchKING
2018-12-12, 06:30 PM
For my part, I wouldn't be surprised if Rich handwaves that Commune functions like Greg's chats with Hel, shrugging, "Only yes-or-no questions by D&D rules, yes, I don't care."

Alternately only yes-no questions are what they are magically OBLIGATED to answer, but they could do more if they want.

Peelee
2018-12-12, 06:31 PM
This was the quote:

Much appreciated. I choose to believe "eh, I don't care about that" as not a refutation of my point.

The MunchKING
2018-12-12, 06:35 PM

The Rainbow connection (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS3Lkc6Gzlk) was a song sung by Kermit about following your dreams. And the Bifrost is a rainbow.

So I'm guessing by casting aside dreams forged in glitter ink, she's showing some things are more important than following your dreams.

Rogar Demonblud
2018-12-12, 06:44 PM
I'm trying to imagine how they'd agree to raise Minrah if they didn't trust Durkon in the first place.

Not an issue, Durkon can cast the spell himself.

SilverCacaobean
2018-12-12, 06:44 PM
So glad Minrah will get raised! I really thought she was only here so that Durkon would have someone to talk to in his afterlife. I doubt she'll join the Order or that she'll be Durkon's love interest, though.

Nomen
2018-12-12, 06:51 PM
I hope Minrah gets to come back and have lots of kids.

Or gets an opportunity to decide to never have kids.

nolongeralurker
2018-12-12, 06:55 PM

Well, I just posted that link because I figured that even if you don't find it useful, someone else reading this thread might, so why the heck not. (Same with the other link.)

Thank you for your kind words.

You're welcome :smallsmile:

I find it both amazing that your name wasn't already taken for, like, years

I think it's because the grammatical structure is (I think?) pretty uncommon.

and surprising that you chose to define yourself on "I used to lurk, but I got better".

Huh, it's interesting that you added "but I got better", because it's not something I've ever actually said. I guess in a way, though, it's somewhat true, because posting here is probably better for me than only reading what other people write, since it's helping me become less afraid of writing things online (even if it's only by posting completely anonymously in a forum).

Putting this in a spoiler tab because it got slightly long:

Why on Earth did I choose this username?? Okay, I spent a while thinking about this answer, and now I'm going to give it my best shot, starting with some important context. I started reading OotS about two years and a month ago. At some point I started lurking the forums as well, though I don't remember exactly when. I began to think of actually creating an account (especially once #1105 significantly increased my interest in OotS), and almost did once or twice. Finally, when #1130 happened and a bunch of other lurkers (and some very infrequent posters) started coming out of the woodwork, I decided I might as well choose that moment to actually finally join, because I was meaning to join at some point anyway, and this way I could increase the legendary [yes I know no one actually talks about this anymore but whatever] number of new accounts created because of #1130. Not only is being part of a legend awesome, but I felt #1130 really deserved it for being so awesome. Plus, I actually wanted to discuss #1130. So having made that decision, I had to quickly think up a username. You'd think I'd have come up with one beforehand, considering how long I'd been thinking of joining, but for whatever reason, I never had. So I decided on this one because when I showed up in the thread of #1130 it would emphasize the fact that #1130 was so cool it got lurkers to join. Obviously it wouldn't be able to communicate that in any other later thread; however, it would still communicate that I wasn't a complete newbie in the ways of the forceforums. I guess I like it because, to me, at least, it has the feel of something long delayed but finally fulfilled, just when you weren't sure it would ever be- the kind of feeling you get when listening to From Now On while watching the Greatest Showman. And I love it when longstanding things finally get fulfilled. Just think how amazing it'll be when OotS finally reaches the point where the Monster in the Darkness in revealed after all these years and speculation.

...Anyway, if I had thought of it at the time, there's a strong chance I would actually have named myself "officialhalfling" or "officiallyahalfling" or something similar, but I didn't think of that until later when I thought to put that seemingly random and odd yet extremely specific Tolkien quote as my signature. Then I was kind of disappointed that I hadn't thought of it before, because that username and signature quote would've together formed a puzzle of the perfect level of difficultly, whereas now I was stuck either flat-out explaining in the signature why I chose that quote, or else hoping people would figure it out anyway because of my avatar. Right now I have no idea whether most people do or don't understand why I chose that quote (if they've even read it), because nobody's ever commented on it.

All in all, though, I think I'm glad that I chose the username I have. It has a nice ring to it.

The seat really is for later. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1100.html)

Thanks for reminding us about that. I guess it was foreshadowing all along!

Hmm, good point. Although why would an evil Durkon want to try to raise Minrah who's definitely good? To make the Order waste some resources trying to raise someone who won't decide to come back?? If that's the only risk, then I'd risk it on the chance that Durkon is telling the truth and they can both save someone and prove to themselves that Durkon is good now.

This was the quote:

Yes, that one! Thank you for finding it so I don't have to!

Much appreciated. I choose to believe "eh, I don't care about that" as not a refutation of my point.

Actually, if meant growth in maturity versus growth in age, then I agree with you completely. We're talking about the "most pure character in OotS," and if we combine the quote hamishspence found for me with the ones Peelee found:

then the picture we get is that while Eric may seem to grow up physically, he probably won't grow up mentally, at least in terms of learning new skills. Or actually maybe he will, but without ever doing anything "evil" (because you can't when you're in Celestia, can you??), thus remaining "pure"?

(By the way, Peelee, thanks for the quotes, because while they weren't the ones I was thinking of, I don't think I'd read them before, or at least not for a very long time, and they were interesting.)

ETA:

But he mentions that he'll need diamonds to do so.

Yendor
2018-12-12, 07:01 PM

Not without diamonds, the corpse, and enough time to prepare the spell.

Larre Gannd
2018-12-12, 07:05 PM
Not without diamonds, the corpse, and enough time to prepare the spell.

He can prepare it when he is resurrected. They have Minrah’s body, which only requires a raise dead, which is much less expensive, and Roy seemed confident that he could get enough diamonds to raise the rest of the party in #1128 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1128.html)

Mariele
2018-12-12, 07:09 PM
I'm not too big on Minrah (or basically any new character that's been introduced, to be honest), but I knew she wouldn't just be tottin on off to Valhalla after hanging around for all of this background info. But I'm still not sure of her purpose as a character--she could have simply met Durkon in the afterlife, then went to Valhalla while Durkon and Thor talked about all the plot stuff, leaving the story for good. She's around for a reason, definitely. I'm leaning toward the idea of her existing just so Durkon seems more trustworthy when he gets rezzed--this new plot info is going to be a lot to take in. Having a second voice to verify you got it directly from a God and need team up with one of the baddies seems like as good a reason as any for Minrah's character.

Fyraltari
2018-12-12, 07:11 PM
He can prepare it when he is resurrected. They have Minrah’s body, which only requires a raise dead, which is much less expensive, and Roy seemed confident that he could get enough diamonds to raise the rest of the party in #1128 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1128.html)

Roy has something of a bad track (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0861.html) record when it comes to promises like this.

Psychronia
2018-12-12, 07:15 PM
Good for you, Minrah. Take your future into your own hands, take a risk at living life again. Become a character.

Larre Gannd
2018-12-12, 07:17 PM
Roy has something of a bad track (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0861.html) record when it comes to promises like this.

He got a bit sidetracked, though. The pyramid blowing up and all

Yendor
2018-12-12, 07:18 PM

You're missing the point. If they don't already trust Durkon, they're not going to give him those resources.

Larre Gannd
2018-12-12, 07:21 PM
You're missing the point. If they don't already trust Durkon, they're not going to give him those resources.

Then why would he get resurrected in the first place? If they want answers, then they’d probably let him provide them

TRH
2018-12-12, 07:25 PM

Let it not be said we lack precedent (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0292.html) for that.

Yendor
2018-12-12, 07:27 PM
:smallsigh: The suggestion was that Minrah would be raised so she can confirm Durkon's story. But that doesn't work, because the only reason to raise her is because Durkon will tell them she wants to be raised. If they don't believe Durkon, she won't be raised, and if they do, she doesn't need to confirm his story.

Doctor Awkward
2018-12-12, 07:34 PM

RAW (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/commune.htm), it can be any short phrase the DM allows if a more specific answer will advance the deities interests.

Yirggzmb
2018-12-12, 07:37 PM
Everyone's acting like Minrah's gonna be rezzed immediately or at least quickly, but I personally see it as more an epilogue kind of thing. This feels like a way to see off her character for now, but in a more hopeful manner.

Mandor
2018-12-12, 07:42 PM
Yay Minrah! Here's to hoping she doesn't die by Snarl or other odious fate. I do like her character, but at the same time, I'm not sure she's really going to be able to handle the kinds of forces the Order will be fighting soon.

OTOH, every little bit helps, and she's got a point if Valhalla itself could be at risk.

Larre Gannd
2018-12-12, 07:47 PM
Everyone's acting like Minrah's gonna be rezzed immediately or at least quickly, but I personally see it as more an epilogue kind of thing. This feels like a way to see off her character for now, but in a more hopeful manner.

She said she wanted to help, though

Dausuul
2018-12-12, 07:48 PM
RAW (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/commune.htm), it can be any short phrase the DM allows if a more specific answer will advance the deities interests.
Yes; but the question has to be one which could be answered with a "yes" or "no." So it still has to be phrased properly.

And the responding phrase must be 5 words or less. Here's hoping Thor is better at it than Nale (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0337.html).

Kish
2018-12-12, 07:54 PM
If you think "coming back to maybe go to Hel later" is more hopeful than "Valhalla awaits," I think you've missed something.

If she was, for all intents and purposes of the story, staying dead, then I think she would be...staying dead.

The_Weirdo
2018-12-12, 08:14 PM
And the responding phrase must be 5 words or less. Here's hoping Thor is better at it than Nale (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0337.html).

I'll answer it to you in one word:

Thatmatterhasalreadybeenbroachedbyyourstruly.

Peelee
2018-12-12, 08:26 PM
if we combine the quote hamishspence found for me with the ones Jasdoif found:

(By the way, Jasdoif, thanks for the quotes

I've seen a lot of misspellings for Peelee, but those are among the most impressive. :smalltongue:

Nomen
2018-12-12, 08:28 PM

I'm pretty sure that rezzing only works if the target is willing.

danielxcutter
2018-12-12, 08:37 PM
I like Minrah even more now.

Rrmcklin
2018-12-12, 09:02 PM
She said she wanted to help, though

No she didn't, she said hearing all of this changed her perspective, and she has other things she wants to do with her life. She was perfectly willing to wait awhile to get brought back. Like, if she could help in some way I'm sure she would, but I doubt Minrah's under the impression her presence will make a big difference here.

If you think "coming back to maybe go to Hel later" is more hopeful than "Valhalla awaits," I think you've missed something.

If she was, for all intents and purposes of the story, staying dead, then I think she would be...staying dead.

Or it could just be commentary on not letting fear keep you from doing things you want to do just because you can't know the future. I'd certainly says that's hopeful and fits with the whole dwarven plot line and things Durkon and Minrah were actually talking about before Thor made himself known to them.

nolongeralurker
2018-12-12, 09:55 PM
I've seen a lot of misspellings for Peelee, but those are among the most impressive. :smalltongue:

*Facepalm*

Whoops, I'm sorry. (I'll blame that on the four hours of sleep I got last night.) Original post is now corrected.

:smallsigh: The suggestion was that Minrah would be raised so she can confirm Durkon's story. But that doesn't work, because the only reason to raise her is because Durkon will tell them she wants to be raised. If they don't believe Durkon, she won't be raised, and if they do, she doesn't need to confirm his story.

Again, I think the potential benefits to letting Durkon try to raise Minrah even though he might be evil outweigh the costs here. Worst thing that happens is she refuses to come back and diamonds were wasted, best thing she comes back and confirms he's now good.

No she didn't, she said hearing all of this changed her perspective, and she has other things she wants to do with her life. She was perfectly willing to wait awhile to get brought back. Like, if she could help in some way I'm sure she would, but I doubt Minrah's under the impression her presence will make a big difference here.

See panel thirteen of this strip

Mandor
2018-12-12, 10:04 PM
Again, I think the potential benefits to letting Durkon try to raise Minrah even though he might be evil outweigh the costs here. Worst thing that happens is she refuses to come back and diamonds were wasted, best thing she comes back and confirms he's now good.

I have to assume SOMEONE among the surviving acolytes can cast a Detect Evil or maybe a Know Alignment.
And there's always (we hope anyway) Sigdi to use Detect Long Lost Son

Larre Gannd
2018-12-12, 10:06 PM
No she didn't, she said hearing all of this changed her perspective, and she has other things she wants to do with her life. She was perfectly willing to wait awhile to get brought back. Like, if she could help in some way I'm sure she would, but I doubt Minrah's under the impression her presence will make a big difference.

She did say she wants to help (first panel second page), and additionally wants to live the rest of her life not dead.

Canisius
2018-12-12, 10:51 PM
Is this the end of this book?

Kish
2018-12-12, 10:55 PM
Highly unlikely; not only is the Exarch unaccounted for, there's no splash panel and no "the Order of the Stick will return in 2019."

Ruck
2018-12-12, 10:55 PM
Is this the end of this book?

I doubt it, given both the lack of "The Order of the Stick will return on _____" panel and the fact that there are a lot of loose threads left to be tied up.

...and I got ninjaed by a particularly sneaky type of ninja that hides on the end of a page.

Yendor
2018-12-12, 11:27 PM

Well, no, the worst thing that happens if he can't be trusted is that he sabotages their attempts to save the world from Hel, because that's still a thing, and the matter never comes up. By the time they have to worry about Thor's plan, trust shouldn't be an issue.

BriarHobbit
2018-12-12, 11:37 PM
From the grumping Deva to the final panel, I enjoyed this episode quite a bit. While glad for the revelations, I am eager to learn what happens next.

F.Harr
2018-12-13, 12:12 AM
:elan:

I'm sure,
She won't regret it,
The Rainbow Rejection,
Or the Good guys, the Bad guys or Neutraaaaaaals!

Celestia
2018-12-13, 02:58 AM
Other issues aside, Redcloak isn't a priestess of Loki (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1147.html).
Hey, we haven't checked in with team evil in a while. Maybe Redcloak converted religions and got a sex change?

Cirin
2018-12-13, 08:14 AM
Both, really.

That and she's been fully briefed by Thor on his version of The Plan.

There are two Clerics of Thor that know Thor's Plan. . .and she's the other one.

Thanks to pesky divine rules that Thor chafes under, he can't easily tell anyone about his plan unless they already know about the Snarl, and among mortals that means the OotS, the Sapphire Guard, and Redcloak. . .and none of them are exactly going around telling-all about it.

Yeah, Durkon is the one Thor wants to do the plan, and story conventions say it'll be him. . .but she is someone who knows about the Snarl crisis, knows the stakes (even moreso than the rest of the Order, she knows this might be the only chance to EVER fix the situation because of how unique a new quiddity arising is), and knows that this is quite literally A Mission From God.

She's got some unique qualifications in that regard that set her apart from any other Cleric on the planet other than Durkon, that in that sense make her even more qualified for the mission than the rest of the Order.

Personally, from a game perspective I see this as Durkon maybe getting a Cohort in Minrah? Might he take Leadership for a 15th level feat?

Goblin_Priest
2018-12-13, 08:34 AM
Wait, why aren't we talking about how many medichlorians Miko had to allow her to dodge Greedo's shot? :smalltongue:

Alright, so, soooon, sooon we'll discover how much time he has been dead for.

Cirin
2018-12-13, 08:40 AM

Indeed. While the "yes/no" is the traditional reply to Commune, even within the RAW there's precedent for receiving something else if the deity responding wants.

Given this is something of a special one for Thor, I'd expect a "Listen to my messenger" reply and maybe a Deva then Gating in with a more detailed briefing, or "Go to XXX" where there would be something waiting for him. Thor seems to put his normal "party bro" persona aside for this mission, this is something he'll take seriously.

Also, as was noted, Thor does have a track record of ignoring/bending spell descriptions if he wants to (that whole Chaotic part of his nature). . .and given the importance and scale of that Commune, one of the most important he has ever received and one of the more important ones in the history of the world (or worlds). . .if he can bend the rules, he would for that one.

One way or the other, when Durkon casts Commune next time, he's got Thor's direct attention and Thor will respond appropriately.

He's had more one-on-one face time with his deity than most High Priests probably ever get, afterlives included.

Goblin_Priest
2018-12-13, 08:57 AM
Indeed. While the "yes/no" is the traditional reply to Commune, even within the RAW there's precedent for receiving something else if the deity responding wants.

Given this is something of a special one for Thor, I'd expect a "Listen to my messenger" reply and maybe a Deva then Gating in with a more detailed briefing, or "Go to XXX" where there would be something waiting for him. Thor seems to put his normal "party bro" persona aside for this mission, this is something he'll take seriously.

Also, as was noted, Thor does have a track record of ignoring/bending spell descriptions if he wants to (that whole Chaotic part of his nature). . .and given the importance and scale of that Commune, one of the most important he has ever received and one of the more important ones in the history of the world (or worlds). . .if he can bend the rules, he would for that one.

One way or the other, when Durkon casts Commune next time, he's got Thor's direct attention and Thor will respond appropriately.

He's had more one-on-one face time with his deity than most High Priests probably ever get, afterlives included.

Redcloak could Gate in Thor's celestials. :P

Resileaf
2018-12-13, 09:39 AM
There's nothing that says that after the Commune, Thor can't talk directly to Durkon without needing a Commune spell.

Peelee
2018-12-13, 10:07 AM
There's nothing that says that after the Commune, Thor can't talk directly to Durkon without needing a Commune spell.

There's also nothing that says Thor can, which is the more important point.

SilverCacaobean
2018-12-13, 10:09 AM
Hey, we haven't checked in with team evil in a while. Maybe Redcloak converted religions and got a sex change?

Or maybe Redcloak is actually Redcloak's niece and she's a cleric of Loki! :smalltongue:

The_Weirdo
2018-12-13, 10:13 AM

Maybe every single adult male in the world did that? Maybe the world is now divided between women and women that worship Loki.

The MunchKING
2018-12-13, 10:16 AM
That is a LOT of gender-swapping belts they will need for that one!

Larre Gannd
2018-12-13, 10:16 AM
Maybe every single adult male in the world did that? Maybe the world is now divided between women and women that worship Loki.

You’re blowing my mind right now

The_Weirdo
2018-12-13, 10:23 AM
That is a LOT of gender-swapping belts they will need for that one!

I think Shapeshift is the only spell of the basic book that can do it, but there is a third-level sex change spell in some unofficial material.

Larre Gannd
2018-12-13, 10:24 AM
I think Shapeshift is the only spell of the basic book that can do it, but there is a third-level sex change spell in some unofficial material.

I mean, alter self plus permanency

The_Weirdo
2018-12-13, 10:27 AM
I mean, alter self plus permanency

Can be house-ruled, but Alter Self isn't included in the spells that can be permed, usually.

The MunchKING
2018-12-13, 10:43 AM

It's a magic item in OOTS (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0234.html) (andactual D&D (http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Girdle_of_Masculinity/Femininity) as well).

Cirin
2018-12-13, 10:49 AM

The wording of Alter Self for 3.5e explicitly says the gender of the new form can be controlled by the caster, and that's only a 2nd level spell (albeit one with just a 10 minute/level casting time, so a minimum duration of 30 minutes).

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/alterSelf.htm

"The new form’s significant physical qualities (such as height, weight, and gender) are also under your control, but they must fall within the norms for the new form’s kind. "

The_Weirdo
2018-12-13, 10:52 AM
The wording of Alter Self for 3.5e explicitly says the gender of the new form can be controlled by the caster, and that's only a 2nd level spell (albeit one with just a 10 minute/level casting time, so a minimum duration of 30 minutes).

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/alterSelf.htm

"The new form’s significant physical qualities (such as height, weight, and gender) are also under your control, but they must fall within the norms for the new form’s kind. "

Er, well, I meant permanently, to be sure.

It's a magic item in OOTS (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0234.html) (andactual D&D (http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Girdle_of_Masculinity/Femininity) as well).

True, the item does work. The spell would just need to be cast, however, with no XP cost.

Cirin
2018-12-13, 11:01 AM
Er, well, I meant permanently, to be sure.

True, the item does work. The spell would just need to be cast, however, with no XP cost.

Ultimately it's because this sort of thing isn't a topic that comes up in normal D&D games/adventures, so it's not the sort of thing that would appear in the PHB of any edition, nor would it appear in most official sources.

Hence why the normal, textbook way it comes up is as a cursed magic item. . .in 1e or 2e the idea would be that it would look like a Girdle of Giant Strength or something like that, and Mr. Beefy McFighterson would put it on thinking he was going to get a 19 STR, but instead of his muscles increasing in size, her bust would (and the cursed aspect would really come into play in 1e, where there were gender-related limits to Strength scores IIRC).

I'm sure that in a realistic world with D&D style magic existing, a spell to permanently change someone's physical sex would be researched pretty quickly and it would probably be 2nd or 3rd level for a permanent change (since 4th level gets you to Polymorph Self/Other, or Polymorph/Baleful Polymorph and similar shapeshifting spells that can be indefinite or semi-permanent).

If somehow D&D-style magic was discovered in our modern-day, real world, a spell like that would be one of the first things researched, I'm sure, but it's not something that TSR/WotC ever really felt the need to take up page space in an official book with.

happycrow
2018-12-13, 11:09 AM
SOME times, it's nice when everybody and their grandma sees things coming and you all get to nod your heads and go "sweeeeet."

Elanasaurus
2018-12-13, 11:22 AM
Maybe every single adult male in the world did that? Maybe the world is now divided between women and women that worship Loki.And children.Hail children!

The_Weirdo
2018-12-13, 11:34 AM
And children.

Sure, they worship Loki and children.

Elanasaurus
2018-12-13, 11:36 AM
Sure, they worship Loki and children.Thank you for making that correction. But you deleted my white text!

The_Weirdo
2018-12-13, 11:50 AM
But you deleted my white text!

I know. It was necessary for the joke...

Fyraltari
2018-12-13, 11:52 AM
Sure, they worship Loki and children.

For the last time, no, Kudzu is not a living holy symbol, enough already!

:smalltongue:

Lkctgo
2018-12-13, 11:54 AM
I'm calling it right now. The next durkon page will be the exact same pose (Minrah in front, two gods in back) except that Hilyga will take the place of Minrah, Elan will be in Thor's spot, and either Roy/Haley will be in Odin's spot (likely Roy just to keep up with the female male male motif).

The_Weirdo
2018-12-13, 11:58 AM

:smalltongue:

Are you claiming Kudzu is undead?

Elanasaurus
2018-12-13, 12:05 PM

:smalltongue:Of course not! He's a deity, just like Banjo!

The_Weirdo
2018-12-13, 12:06 PM
Of course not! He's a deity, just like Banjo!

Are you claiming Banjo is undead, just like Kudzu?

Peelee
2018-12-13, 12:06 PM
Of course not! He's a deity, just like Banjo!

Well, he has sentience and agency, so I'd argue not just like Banjo.

Elanasaurus
2018-12-13, 12:10 PM
Well, he has sentience and agency, so I'd argue not just like Banjo.They're both undead, so yes, they are alike.

But of course I don't expect to ever see some good Roy-smiting from Banjo.

The_Weirdo
2018-12-13, 12:11 PM
Well, he has sentience and agency, so I'd argue not just like Banjo.

Are you claiming all undead are sentient deities, just like Kudzu and Banjo?

But of course I don't expect to ever see some good Roy-smiting from Banjo.

Are you claiming Kudzu will smite Roy?

Rinazina
2018-12-13, 12:14 PM
Dear forumites, in your opinion:

why Thor didn't leak to Durkon about Darth Varsuuvius agreement and consequences? or why didn't give any tip-off on the deadly disease they are carrying?

ok probably not fun if the God play deus-ex-machina, but..?:smallconfused:

Peelee
2018-12-13, 12:14 PM
They're both undead, so yes, they are alike.

I think I missed something here.

Also, neither are deities, so there's another place they're similar.:smalltongue:

ETA:

why Thor didn't leak to Durkon about Darth Varsuuvius agreement and consequences?
Why would he? Does his agreement matter anymore? Plus, shouldn't Durkon hear that from Roy or V?

or why didn't give any tip-off on the deadly disease they are carrying?
Does he even know about that?

Elanasaurus
2018-12-13, 12:22 PM
Are you claiming Kudzu will smite Roy?One can hope.

Fyraltari
2018-12-13, 12:26 PM

why Thor didn't leak to Durkon about Darth Varsuuvius agreement and consequences? or why didn't give any tip-off on the deadly disease they are carrying?
Thor may simply not know about either the World in the Rift, possibly that's the reason of being there that Odin forgot about, nor the disease.

That's their job, though. Somebody fetch Thor a machine! No wait, a mecha, that's even better.

Adeptus
2018-12-13, 12:49 PM
That was a cool, and nicely organic feeling development. :)

zimmerwald1915
2018-12-13, 12:52 PM
Does his agreement matter anymore?
No, and it never did. Thank heavens that subplot has had zero bearing on events for an entire book.

Peelee
2018-12-13, 12:56 PM
No, and it never did.

Objection! Argumentative.

Kish
2018-12-13, 12:57 PM

why Thor didn't leak to Durkon about Darth Varsuuvius agreement and consequences?

He didn't reveal something that was already revealed at the end of the previous book because why would he?

or why didn't give any tip-off on the deadly disease they are carrying?
He didn't act like a throwaway joke was more than that because why would he?

I should probably be glad no one wondered why Thor didn't explain to Durkon what "Girard's Buttocks," the super secret hiding place of Girard's Gate, meant.

zimmerwald1915
2018-12-13, 01:01 PM
Objection! Argumentative.
Ain't no judge here. This is the Wild West, where the quick draw on the "Submit Reply" button determines the law.

Peelee
2018-12-13, 01:03 PM
Ain't no judge here. This is the Wild West, where the quick draw on the "Submit Reply" button determines the law.

Objection! That's inconvenient for my case.

The_Weirdo
2018-12-13, 01:14 PM
Objection! That's inconvenient for my case.

Are you claiming Kudzu is Rodriguez and Banjo is Jones?

zimmerwald1915
2018-12-13, 01:15 PM
Are you claiming Kudzu is Rodriguez and Banjo is Jones?
I suspect there is a racialized element to this question, and am thus discomfited.

The_Weirdo
2018-12-13, 01:17 PM
I suspect there is a racialized element to this question, and am thus discomfited.

If I called Banjo "Rodriguez", people might link the name to a Mexican heritage as well. There was no win to be had on this front.

zimmerwald1915
2018-12-13, 01:19 PM
If I called Banjo "Rodriguez", people might link the name to a Mexican heritage as well. There was no win to be had on this front.
So why did you post? The joke wasn't that funny :smallconfused:

The_Weirdo
2018-12-13, 01:20 PM
So why did you post? The joke wasn't that funny :smallconfused:

Eh, I didn't think it would be seen as having a race element at all, really. :smallfrown:

Cirin
2018-12-13, 01:46 PM

Because Thor knows that high-level adventurers, especially once they have their high-level Cleric back, tend to throw around spells like Heal and Mass Heal pretty casually. . .and given that those spells cure virtually all diseases, he knows that with all the high level healing magic about to be thrown down in (or after) the Order's showdown with the remaining vampires, they'll be healed rapidly. . .and even if somehow they weren't, it's still just a Remove Disease away once symptoms appear.

Thor wasn't there to Deus Ex Machina everything (Thor even says as much, that he hasn't told Durkon everything, just everything he needs to know), from a story perspective he's there to give Durkon a big quest for the next story arc going into endgame.

If, huge if, the OotS manages to make it through the entire long incubation period for Sphinx Pox without getting a Heal spell incidentally cast on them (or any other effect which would cure it, like Remove Disease), then when symptoms show up, it's just a quick cast to cure.

The comic that showed that Sphinx Pox was part of Hel's plan even made a point of noting, in story, what a bad idea it was. It's got a long enough incubation time that they might plausibly save the world by then in any case. . .there's no reason to think that she missed other problems, like it could quickly and easily be cured by even a low-level Cleric, or that it would likely be quickly cured incidentally in an unrelated Heal spell casting to cure combat damage? The idea that Sphinx Pox is any realistic threat to the OotS hinges on Hel being more competent than shown, her one flirtation with competence was arranging the vote for the Godsmoot, and that didn't go as planned, and Thor seems to think she's mentally unhinged from a bad diet of faith (deficient on Worship).

Dion
2018-12-13, 02:21 PM
why didn't give any tip-off on the deadly disease they are carrying?

I know Mr. Scruffy has Spinx Pox. Do the rest of them even have it? Is it even contagious?

Doug Lampert
2018-12-13, 03:56 PM
Or maybe Redcloak is actually Redcloak's niece and she's a cleric of Loki! :smalltongue:

Well, I mean it's obvious that Redcloak's niece is the female cleric of Loki since no name was given. Couldn't possibly be anyone else.

But it hadn't occurred to me that Redcloak is actually Redcloak's niece, but I guess that makes logical sense given that everyone is Redcloak's niece.

Fyraltari
2018-12-13, 04:04 PM
Well, I mean it's obvious that Redcloak's niece is the female cleric of Loki since no name was given. Couldn't possibly be anyone else.

But it hadn't occurred to me that Redcloak is actually Redcloak's niece, but I guess that makes logical sense given that everyone is Redcloak's niece.
Except Redcloak's niece. She's actually Belkar's grandmother.

I know Mr. Scruffy has Spinx Pox. Do the rest of them even have it? Is it even contagious?

Yes. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1081.html)

St Fan
2018-12-13, 04:12 PM
Ultimately it's because this sort of thing isn't a topic that comes up in normal D&D games/adventures, so it's not the sort of thing that would appear in the PHB of any edition, nor would it appear in most official sources.

I'm sure that in a realistic world with D&D style magic existing, a spell to permanently change someone's physical sex would be researched pretty quickly and it would probably be 2nd or 3rd level for a permanent change (since 4th level gets you to Polymorph Self/Other, or Polymorph/Baleful Polymorph and similar shapeshifting spells that can be indefinite or semi-permanent).

If somehow D&D-style magic was discovered in our modern-day, real world, a spell like that would be one of the first things researched, I'm sure, but it's not something that TSR/WotC ever really felt the need to take up page space in an official book with.

It already exists in the Book of Erotic Fantasy:

"Reverse Gender", 2nd level for clerics, 3rd for wizards, last hour/level but can be made permanent.

Rogar Demonblud
2018-12-13, 04:29 PM

According to Hel, yes and YES.

Skull the Troll
2018-12-13, 04:38 PM

What disease? Did I miss something?

Peelee
2018-12-13, 04:39 PM
What disease? Did I miss something?

The one people are directly discussing in the posts immediately preceding yours, and even linked to (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1081.html).

Skull the Troll
2018-12-13, 04:44 PM
The one people are directly discussing in the posts immediately preceding yours, and even linked to (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1081.html).

Oh I read that as a quick joke, not part of the plot. Even if it was, they have several clerics. Remove Disease should cover it.

Peelee
2018-12-13, 04:56 PM
Oh I read that as a quick joke, not part of the plot. Even if it was, they have several clerics. Remove Disease should cover it.

You're basically correct on all fronts, IMO. Still, it is contagious and the cat is infected with it.

aruffoid
2018-12-13, 10:18 PM
I very much hope that the Giant fixes the typo in the print version of this comic...

"Maybe wondering what could've been would be it is own form of torture"

danielxcutter
2018-12-13, 10:23 PM
I very much hope that the Giant fixes the typo in the print version of this comic...

How is that a typo? Not getting it.

The MunchKING
2018-12-13, 10:25 PM

He saying she used It's as a contraction meaning "It is" rather than its as a possessive for belonging to the form of torture.

danielxcutter
2018-12-13, 10:27 PM
Ah, I get it now. M'kay.

MartianInvader
2018-12-13, 11:17 PM
Its bad grammar.

KorvinStarmast
2018-12-14, 08:34 AM
You're basically correct on all fronts, IMO. Still, it is contagious and the cat is infected with it. Hel's belief that the disease will spread strikes me as her not grasping what Clerics do very well, given that she has few to no clerics and basically no worshippers. (But maybe I am reaching there ...)

Peelee
2018-12-14, 09:10 AM
Hel's belief that the disease will spread strikes me as her not grasping what Clerics do very well, given that she has few to no clerics and basically no worshippers. (But maybe I am reaching there ...)

Or hoping it's so subtle by the time they figure it out it'll be too late.

danielxcutter
2018-12-14, 09:14 AM
...Wait, doesn't Slaadi reproduction kill the host? :smallconfused:

zimmerwald1915
2018-12-14, 09:18 AM
...Wait, doesn't Slaadi reproduction kill the host? :smallconfused:
Devas are made of sterner stuff that your run-of-the-mill adventurer.

danielxcutter
2018-12-14, 09:22 AM
Devas are made of sterner stuff that your run-of-the-mill adventurer.

Define "run-of-the-mill"; Con 18 isn't exactly impossible for a mid-high level front-liner(and/or meldshaper), even without items.