View Full Version : Roleplaying Playing a (forcibly) good aligned succubus

workisathing
2018-12-12, 12:41 PM
So, to make a long story short, I made a solid backstory involving a succubus who got a bit too full of herself getting into a fight with a lesser deity, losing the fight and getting sent back home to hell before the lord of that layer of hell, promptly turned good and revoked to the material plane.

I'm looking for tips, info and the like on how to go about being a non soul-stealing lust demon with intentions of regaining power for revenge.

In terms of what exactly I'm asking for, I'm not entirely sure myself. XS

Efrate
2018-12-12, 12:52 PM
Gathering power for revenge isnt exactly good. However a few pointers.

Succubi are notoriously deceptive and manipulative, so have her struggle to either turn those impulses harmless (being a prankster or practical joker), or leverage them to power. Anything from a social butterfly type robin hood, to gathering followers from said diety to take his worshipers to her diety, or herself.

The lust part can be anything from being a genuine fun party girl which also plays into the social butterfly role in a way, to working to bring a downtrodden female populace some measure of empowerment through sexuality. She could reform and class up every brothel to be a patron saint of lady's of the night everywhere, either for her or her dieties worship.

She could be a master detective with her spells and such and help rid an area of crime, or be an amazing spy for a government. She could easily infiltrate the underworld of a city and set it right.

gkathellar
2018-12-12, 01:16 PM
“Forcibly good aligned” is a pretty uncomfortable notion if you interpret good and evil as anything other than competing factions. The way you describe the character sounds more like they’ve been cursed or geased to do good deeds than having actually been made good.

In either case, I encourage you to look into Tales of the Wyre (http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?58227-Tales-of-Wyre), which includes a repentant succubus and is a good read besides.

workisathing
2018-12-12, 01:24 PM
Well if it helps in anyway, she was evil (as most succubi are by nature) after losing the fight, her demon master cursed her with an alignment shift that caused her to become CG (as our DM didn't want any evil characters and I really wanted to play a succubus).

And, despite being good, she still remembers the events leading up to her banishment and is resentful of her master for forcing her to "sit in the corner" and be a good girl for his entertainment, as how else does one truly punish a succubus, and the brothel idea is pretty interesting, I'll definitely be looking into that.

I suppose one thing I'm curious about knowing/learning is can a succubus live without lust "energy" and if not, is it possible for her to "feed" without killing or draining energy to the point where it might be harmful. (something akin to a "vegetarian vampire")

Hunter Noventa
2018-12-12, 03:06 PM
I suppose one thing I'm curious about knowing/learning is can a succubus live without lust "energy" and if not, is it possible for her to "feed" without killing or draining energy to the point where it might be harmful. (something akin to a "vegetarian vampire")

I don't believe there is any kind of rules requirement that Succubi 'feed' the way a vampire does. There aren't even supplemental rules for it like the vast array of vampiric/undead hunger rules on the SRD (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/vampire/), so I'd say that succubi don't 'need' to feed at all. Though if you want to explore that aspect of things, the vampire's rules for it could likely be adapted easily enough, just use the Succubi's energy drain ability as a way to feed. And it's not even immediately fatal, unless you're using it on level 1 NPCs.

Efrate
2018-12-12, 08:01 PM
Or kind of follow the white court from the Dresden files and feed on emotional lust. Hd are abstractions and not really knowable in game so I would forgo the negative level bestowing.

Crake
2018-12-12, 09:31 PM
If he cursed her to become good, but didn't remove her evil subtype, then she's still drawn toward evil by her very nature, something to keep in mind. She will also ping as evil and react to all spells as if she were both evil and good, which means a) she is immune to all spells that affect non-evil/non-good, but means that b) she is vulnerable to all spells that specifically target good/evil.