PDA

View Full Version : Hell's Vengeance IC (Kallimakus edition)

Kallimakus
2018-12-12, 03:13 PM
The town of Longacre sits just outside the fringes of the Whisperwood. A few lights shine in the streets and windows, and the occasional snippet of conversation or laughter issues from open doors, but here on the outskirts of town, the night is quiet and dark. Sparse clouds scud across the sky, momentarily obscuring the dim light from the moon overhead. Across a scrubby field, barely distinguishable under the starry sky, a darkened, fortlike compound hunches in the distance. Cimri points toward the dim structure. “That’s it—Louslik Tannery. Here’s the job: We break in, sack Ol’ Louslik’s office, take whatever’s shiny, and get out before the sheriff shows up. If we get separated, meet back at the Ash House by dawn.”

Dull moonlight glints across her dagger as she flicks it in emphasis. “If you get pinched, remember: you’re mute. Keep your mouth shut, and I’ll handle things. I got assurances that we won’t take any blame if things go south. But get chatty and I’ll let you rot.” A beat passes and her usual crooked smirk appears. “If you don’t screw things up, we’ll all be drinking on Razelago’s coin come dawn. Let’s do this.”

You've had the day to make any preparations or observe the tannery if you want to.

Erloas
2018-12-12, 09:27 PM
Ettorex asks "So are we expecting anyone to be inside? What is the plan if we run into anyone? Get out? Give up? Fight?"
"What about some sort of distraction to cover our escape? Tannery should have all sorts of chemicals, a broken tank could cause a big mess"

"I would like to get one last quick look before we move in if you don't mind?" He then sneaks in closer looking at the entrance and watching for any signs of people inside.

[roll0] for stealth
[roll1] for perception

going to have CLW and Adhesive Spittle prepared for the day

Rokku
2018-12-12, 09:53 PM
The widow Rasdovain had of course visited the tannery earlier in the day to see if the beleaguered workers needed anything and try to raise some spirits with gifts of ale and cheese.

Diplomacy [roll0] Perception [roll1]

"Remember that we're not simply robbing the place, my dears," she says, "this is lawful reclamation of tax denied the crown."

aReallyGreatAxe
2018-12-12, 11:47 PM
Miro spent his day doing small, insignificant halfling things around town like food shopping and gossiping with the fellow servant class. A mere slip new to town was nobody special, but would it really hurt to get to know the area and new neighbors? Surely, that tannery up on the hill was a grand place- what was the master like? Was he one of those kind, you know, the ones that make you dress up in their silly colors and act like they're royalty?

I believe in pathfinder Gather Information is under diplomacy. Specifically, Miro would like to know if the Tannery has any servants, and if so, what they are expected to wear. If he finds any such information, he's going to try to procure the proper outfit.

Hopefully, these goals are different enough not to overlap with the Widow's.

Diplomacy: [roll0]

But in the present, Miro shivers, eyes darting here and there across the darkened field. Anyone could be out there, hiding among the grain. And Ettorex sneaking off alone... better him than Miro, but this place was dangerous and dark. It would be so easy to chase away those creeping shadows with a casting of light- yet it would certainly give away their position.

"The shiny things might not be the best to take- books and records might do us more good. And, while we're engaged in lawful reclamation... the front door is not a good choice. Might I suggest a rear window?"

Zhentarim
2018-12-13, 12:08 AM
Matrioshka was zoned out for the majority of the others’ conversation.

She took a moment of time from her mental musings to survey her surroundings. She casts Mage Armor after doing so.

Perception: [roll0]
AC is now 18 due to +4 armor bonus. This effect will last 1 hour.

Chromascope3D
2018-12-13, 01:49 AM
"Perhaps," Brachen responded coldly, his voice low and smooth, "If we must."

He sighed, "And let's do try to avoid killing anyone. I can't recall if tax evasion is punishable by death, but I do not doubt that murder is. Should this hunch turn out wrong, I don't want to be held accomplice, if that is all right with you."

Kallimakus
2018-12-13, 06:23 AM
"No worries" Cimri says. "Our backs are safe. No charges. I hope..."

"Anyway, probably best to try and leave any alive. So long as they don't come to take some revenge later. If you gotta cut someone, cut 'em."

Sneaking closer and peeking through the gap in the wall, Ettorex can see light from a single window. Of course Louslik would choose today of all days to pull an all-nighter.

The tannery is a small compound with two buildings. One is an office, the other serves as workshop and storage. Treatment vats are outside on the yard, as is a loading platform. There are no outward-facing windows. Visitors are rare but not turned away. The smell is enough to give most people second thoughts. It is so overwhelming that it might leave you retching on the floor for a while.

The place has six employees, though they have left for the night. Only the owner, who basically lives there, remains in the premises. All the workers are paid, no servants or slaves for honourable Louslik. The man is well-liked in the community.

The gate to the walled compound operates with a noisy counterweight system, though with the place being remote it won't call the law here. Another narrow entry point is a narrow gap in the wall. Easy for halflings, less so for big people, though nimble ones might make it. The wooden wall is not too tall for climbing either.

Chromascope3D
2018-12-13, 11:15 AM
Following behind, Brachen looks up at the wall, "A grappling hook would make a fair bit of noise, but we need an anchor point if we want to go over."

He focused his gaze back down at the gap in the wall, and asked Ettorex, "I don't suppose you're a contortionist?"

He'll take 10 on Stealth for a result of 17

Zhentarim
2018-12-13, 12:11 PM
Matriosha Rimesoul

The sultry looking woman with dark brown hair and amber eyes yawned, “Well, if this rips my clothes, you all owe me half a gold piece.”

Cracking her knuckles and her neck and back, she rolls her eyes and attempts to enter the compound through the narrow gap.

Escape Artist: [roll0]

Erloas
2018-12-13, 12:16 PM
"Let's check with the group" Ettorex says to Brachen and then makes his way back to the group.
"Seems that the owner is inside. Since we can't avoid him maybe we just open the gate then hide until he comes to check it out. We then ambush him, and assuming anyone had some rope, tie him up while we do our business"

Chromascope3D
2018-12-13, 12:29 PM
"No need, apparently," Brachen responded as the woman squeezed through. Pulling a rope out of his bag, he passed it through the gap, "Here, see if you can't find somewhere to tie this off."

Zhentarim
2018-12-13, 03:14 PM
"Yes, sir, I'll tie it off. Sorry I snapped at you earlier. Please don't be mad at me."

Gained sickened condition (-2 on rolls)

After vomiting from the disgusting smell, Matrioshka tried to find a place to tie off the rope. If she finds a reasonably secure area of the wall to tie the rope to, she tosses the remainder of the rope over the fence after she ties knots at regular intervals to give everybody a foothold as they climb up and over the fence.

Chromascope3D
2018-12-14, 04:33 AM
Brachen said nothing, instead giving the rope a few exploratory tugs to ensure that it would stay put, and climbed over.

Going to take 10 on climb, giving him an 11 total.

Zhentarim
2018-12-14, 08:02 AM
Matrioshka continued to wait on the others.

Rokku
2018-12-14, 05:21 PM
Desidia glances at the rope and frowns slightly.

"Well, if I must I must."

She struggles a bit, but manages to make her way over the wall.

Knotted Rope is DC 5, so she can take 10 for an 8 and make her way over.

aReallyGreatAxe
2018-12-14, 10:15 PM
Miro waits to be sure the others are all capable of making it over, then quietly slides through the gap in the wall himself.

Zhentarim
2018-12-15, 01:08 AM
Matrioshka vomits once more.

Erloas
2018-12-15, 03:55 AM
Ettorex climbs the rope into the compound with everyone else. After looking around for a bit for anything that looks out of place he says "I'm going to see if I can get a better view into the window, make sure he's alone."
He then tries to find a good vantage point to look through the window without being seen.

Stealth from discord 24
If I can get up somewhere to look through the window while staying back I will. Otherwise I'll work my way up to the building to peak in

Kallimakus
2018-12-15, 01:44 PM
You make your way over the fence. Cimri squeezes through the gap, covering her nose with a handkerchief against the smell, stepping past Matrioshka's vomit, trying to not add to it herself. With everyone over the palisade, it's time to move out.

Cart furrows and disturbing stains mar this muddy yard. Around the perimeter, murky water pools in rows of sunken tubs. Unspeakable muck encrusts each vat and half-submerged skins float within. From these scabby concoctions drifts a sinus-assaulting reek—a dizzying miasma of rotten eggs, lime, and far worse.

The gap and rope have brought you to a corner of the yard, between the office and the storage. Looming wooden structures in the moonlight. On the far side of the yard are the open vats. Overall the compound is 60ft by 90 ft, with much of the area occupied by the buildings and vats. The office is to your right and the storage straight ahead.

Ettorex stalks forward to peek to the full yard. The first thing that comes into view is the porch in front of the office and the dog lying on it. It has not yet noticed you.

Low-light conditions apply outside, by the way.

Erloas
2018-12-15, 04:04 PM
Ettorex motions to the rest of the group to be quiet, trying to point out the dog. He then slowly takes his shortbow from his back, sets an arrow and moves to a good point with a clear shot at the dog. He draws and fires at the dog, hoping to take it out with a single good shot.

Attack:
[roll0] (+3 is base, think I get a bonus from attacking from being unseen, which would be an additional +2)
damage:
[roll1]
Not sure what modifiers, I have low light vision, I shouldn't be that far away

Rokku
2018-12-15, 05:33 PM
If the plan is to put the beast down, Desidia's fine with that. She hurls a blot of inky darkness at the dog, hoping to finish it quickly.

Spending a shadowstuff for shadowmark. Ranged Touch [roll0] Damage [roll1]

Zhentarim
2018-12-15, 06:38 PM
With the dog taken care of, Matrioshka continues readying her spell.

Mage Armor—Already Cast: Raised AC to 18.
Shield—Readied: Will raise AC to 22 for 6 rounds
Glue Seal
Grease
Snapdragon Fireworks
Snapdragon Fireworks
Snapdragon Fireworks

aReallyGreatAxe
2018-12-15, 06:49 PM
Whatever's going on, it's likely not friendly. Miro runs forward, trying to keep his allies out of the blast range, but can't quite make it. Drat, best not to crumble those on your side. Instead he prepares to share some divine revelations with the tannery owner- eh, revelations, madness, same thing.

Miro will move 20' in the direction Ettorax indicates, a bit past the dog but not adjacent, and ready lesser confusion for the appearance of a humanoid enemy.

Chromascope3D
2018-12-16, 04:41 AM
Brachen sighed and shook his head; still, he held his tongue, choosing instead to whisper a short prayer. He drew a bundle of ropes from his bag, but stood back and let the others handle the hound, as though such senseless violence was beneath him.

Brachen draws a Net from his bag as a move action and casts Oath of Anonymity as a standard action

Kallimakus
2018-12-16, 07:13 AM
The arrow and the dark blot strike the dog. Cimri tosses a dagger and curses under her breath as it goes wide, hitting the porch behind it and sticking up. The guard dog gets to its feet, an arrow coming out of it's flank, and barks angrily at the intruders. It charges at Ettorex, jaes snapping shut. Inside, the light is briefly obstructed.
"Who is there?" A man's voice sounds from the inside
Cimri hushes you, drawing a kukri and attacking the dog.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] trip
[roll3] AoO if it is alive when Ettorex gets up, if he fell prone

Cimri
[roll4]
[roll5]

Louslik takes a move action to retrieve a weapon and another to walk to the door. He doesn't have an action to open the door this round

Chromascope3D
2018-12-16, 11:05 AM
And there it was. The Midnight Prince's disciple tsked under his breath. Tucking the bundle under his arm, he raised a hood over his head.

"Hide," he whispered, before dashing over to the opposite side of the porch and taking refuge behind the corner. He took up the bundle again in his hands, and watched the door intently, ready to snare whomever emerged.

Brachen will move to flank the door and take cover. If he doesn't require a double move to do so, then he'll also ready an action to snare anyone emerging from the doorway.

Stealth roll:
[roll0]

Zhentarim
2018-12-16, 12:35 PM
At this point, Matrioshka casts her readied shield spell and readies glue seal.

Cast readied spell: Shield—AC raised to 22 for 10 rounds.

Ready spell: Glue Seal

Erloas
2018-12-16, 04:35 PM
Ettorex slips away from the the dog's jaws as it tries to pull him down. Then he drops his bow and pulls out his rapier and stabs at the dog, trying to finish the job.

attack:
[roll0]
damage:

[roll1]

attack:
[roll2]
damage:
[roll3]

HP 10/10
AC 15

aReallyGreatAxe
2018-12-16, 11:09 PM
Miro follows Brachen's instructions, tries to get at least a little out of the way and freezes, attempting to appear an innocuous part of the scenery.

Move action: to wherever there's at least a little cover. If not, he has a version of hide in plain sight anyhow.
Stealth check: [roll0]

Standard action: Continuing to ready lesser confusion.

Kallimakus
2018-12-20, 04:36 PM
Brachen and Miro take cover. Ettorex and Cimri put down the guard dog, finally making it quiet. The door to the office opens.

I don't think you could ready an action after casting Shield, so Glue Seal probably didn't go off

Louslik is an older man, wielding a crossbow from the relative cover of the doorway. At his feet, snarling, is another, smaller dog. He shoots Ettorex. "What did you do to my dog?"

[roll0]
[roll1]

Zhentarim
2018-12-20, 04:48 PM
Matrioshka casts Glue Seal at Louslik’s feet. She says and does nothing else.

*Transmutation Spell

lvl 0

Ray of Frost
Acid Orb
Jolt*

lvl 1

Mage Armor: Cast (AC risen to 18 for 1 hour)
Shield: Cast (AC risen an additional +4 for 10 rounds [this raised AC to 22])
Glue Seal: Cast at Louslik’s feet (last 10 rounds)
Grease: Not yet cast
Snapdragon Fireworks*: Not yet cast

Chromascope3D
2018-12-21, 01:46 AM
Well, alright then, Brachen thought to himself. With the target looked to be trapped, he decided to change tactics. He dropped the net, unneeded as it was now, and pulled a loop of chain from his belt. It was wickedly spiked, heavy black iron, and it rattled as he let it unwind. He began to whirl it above his head.

"No more of that, I should think," the Kuthonite declared to Louislik as he let the lash fly free, yanking it back in an attempt to strip away the unfortunate boss' last line of defense.

Brachen is going to attempt to disarm Loislik. He'll combine a move action with a five foot step to draw his whip, and a standard to attempt a disarm.
[roll0]

Erloas
2018-12-21, 04:24 AM
Ettorex picks up his bow and puts it onto his back then takes a step towards Louslik and says "The same thing we're going to do to you if you don't drop your weapon right now. You've already lost, living is still up for debate."
move action to pick up the previously dropped bow, second to put it away, 5ft step towards him.

Rokku
2018-12-21, 03:34 PM
The widow Rasdovain quietly slipped back into the shadows. If this man was going to live, it was best he had not seen her face.

[roll0]

Kallimakus
2018-12-29, 05:44 AM
Louslik is caught by Matrioshka's spell and rooted into place. He grunts as he struggles to move, wiping excess stickiness from his hands as he reloads his crossbow. He manages to hold on to his weapon despite Brachen's efforts. He tries to struggle free of the glue and back away. With a great deal of effort that leaves him breathless, he pulls off the glue and steps back into his house. The square inside the doorway still has the Glue Seal, blocking him.

"Get off my property." he says, defiantly.

Zhentarim
2018-12-29, 11:51 AM
Louslik is caught by Matrioshka's spell and rooted into place. He grunts as he struggles to move, wiping excess stickiness from his hands as he reloads his crossbow. He manages to hold on to his weapon despite Brachen's efforts. He tries to struggle free of the glue and back away. With a great deal of effort that leaves him breathless, he pulls off the glue and steps back into his house. The square inside the doorway still has the Glue Seal, blocking him.

"Get off my property." he says, defiantly.

Moving to get a line of sight into the house, Matrioshka casts Snapdragon Fireworks at Louslik.

Erloas
2018-12-29, 10:35 PM
Ettorex tries to capitalize on the distraction the fireworks hopefully caused and rushes the door, trying to jump over the glue and grab Louslik before he can do anything else. He yells "GO NOW!" just as he starts his run.

So maybe a bit crazy. Considering the dog got to me from right in front of the door and I've moved at least one space closer since then hopefully I can reach him. I guess if I don't have the movement to grapple just make it... more acrobatics I guess... and do a double move.

acrobatics to jump the glue square and end up where I want to (depending on movement as per above)
[roll0]+5 for inspiration (so 14 total)
and grapple
[roll1]

Normally he'll get an AOO, but I'm thinking with only a crossbow he doesn't actually get to make one?

5/6 Inspiration (1 for use with a skill check, done after the roll but before results are known)
HPs 7/10

Kallimakus
2019-01-01, 07:35 AM
13 fails to grapple him. Jump succeeds though. Single move is enough to put you adjacent

Ettorex jumps the splash of glue and lands next to Louslik. He makes a grab for the mans arm, but he manages to pull loose.

"Get off me" he says, still dazzled from the spell.

Zhentarim
2019-01-01, 12:28 PM
Matrioska readied another casting of Snapdragon Fireworks.

”Move to the side or behind him or I’ll hit you!”

Chromascope3D
2019-01-01, 03:00 PM
Brachen shook his head and brandished his chain, "Lay down your weapon and call off your dog. Then there won't be any reason for me to hurt you."

Intimidate to demoralize

aReallyGreatAxe
2019-01-01, 03:23 PM
Well, since hiding obviously hadn't worked... Miro casts lesser confusion on Louislik. Perhaps some divine revelations would help the tanner see things their way.

Will save DC 15 or be Confused for one round.

[roll0]

EDIT: A result of 44; on a failed save, Louislik does nothing but babble incoherently for one round.

Kallimakus
2019-01-05, 10:17 AM
"You thugs think you can come to my tannery and attack me?"

He asks, wheeling about to face Ettorex, pointing his crossbow at the man's face. He manages to withstand the spells thrown his way.

Attack was 19
[roll0]

Matrioska casts her second snapdragon fireworks

aReallyGreatAxe
2019-01-06, 08:59 PM
Well, Ettorex would take care of the man... this dog was making a racket. Miro sneaks up to the barking animal and tries to lay a hand against its heaving flank.

Casting
Touch attack: [roll0]

If this hits, the dog gets -1 to attack rolls and saves for three rounds, and a +1 to skill checks.

Zhentarim
2019-01-06, 10:22 PM
Matrioska readies Grease to cast on Louslik’s weapon, hopefully making him drop it.

This will cast at the start of the next round.

Chromascope3D
2019-01-07, 01:29 PM
Brachen mutters something under his breath. He takes a moment to consider his target, before swinging his lash.

Brachen uses a move action to make Loislik his studied target and attacks. Since he created a fear effect on him last round, he also gains a +2 to attack and damage this round, due to the Cruelty feat.

[roll0] Attack with Whip
[roll1] Damage if successful

Erloas
2019-01-12, 01:39 PM
Louislik's arrow catches Ettorex fully and he drops to the ground bleeding.

stabilize 6 vs dc10 (from discord)
Ettorex steps farther into the room to open up space around the door for others to come in. Then he says to Louislik "I now owe you for two arrows" as he stabs at him with his sword.

5-foot step farther into the room

attack:
[roll0] (base, not sure if I've got a flank from Miro or Brachen or not)
damage:
[roll1]

from discord:
crit confirm 21
crit damage 3

total damage 6

Zhentarim
2019-01-12, 05:03 PM
”Your life ends here.”

Rokku
2019-01-13, 12:38 AM
Hood pulled up tight to hide her face, speaks firm, ironclad words in the language of Hell. Flames suddenly spring up around the tanner and his mutt, threatening to spread and consume the tannery.

Spending a spell point to create an illusion of fire. It's a 10 foot cube over Louislik and the dog, and contains visual, auditory, and tactile components. The will save DC is 15, and if they fail they feel like they've actually been burned and take 5 nonlethal damage.

Zhentarim
2019-01-13, 12:39 PM
”you will burn”

Kallimakus
2019-01-13, 02:18 PM
"Let that be a lesson for you" he says, reloading the crossbow. "Grab him and..."

The spell is cast, and suddenly he is screaming. Partly in pain, but more due to fear. "What have you done?" he screams. He leaps to the side, out of the "fire", rolling on the ground. His dog stands in the fire, though he can't really see him through the roaring flame. There is a desperate look in his eyes, as though this convinced him that you were serious."

He is quite badly hurt, his crossbow is loaded but he can't attack this turn.

Zhentarim
2019-01-13, 02:53 PM
Matrioshka casts grease on Louslik’s crossbow, hopefully making him drop the crossbow.

The spell can also be used to create a greasy coating on an item. Material objects not in use are always affected by this spell, while an object wielded or employed by a creature requires its bearer to make a Reflex saving throw to avoid the effect. If the initial saving throw fails, the creature immediately drops the item. A saving throw must be made in each round that the creature attempts to pick up or use the greased item.

Erloas
2019-01-13, 03:37 PM
Ettorex comes to and sees Louislik rolling around on the floor, with a moment of respite he pulls an alchemical vial he prepared earlier and drinks it. He starts to look much better.

CLW
[roll0]

HP was -3, with potion now at 2

Chromascope3D
2019-01-14, 11:48 PM
"Right then," Brachen approached, coiling his chain and hooking it to his belt, "Let's get his over with."

[roll0] Perception to look for a rope or similar object to tie up Loislik with

aReallyGreatAxe
2019-01-14, 11:58 PM
Miro turns his attention from the downed threat to the yappy one still being a nuisance. He claps loudly, trying to draw the dog's attention. "Hit him from behind!"

1.) move action, +2 competence bonus to whomever is adjacent to the dog.If more than one character is adjacent, he will prefer the non-casters.

2.) Standard action: Aid another on whomever is adjacent to the dog, if this hits it will give +4 attack this round. This bonus appears to be untyped.

1d20+2 vs AC 10.
EDIT: Rolled on Discord as roll broke, was a 6, which does not hit.

Whomever is adjacent to the dog gets only a +2 to attack him this turn.

Zhentarim
2019-01-15, 05:10 PM
Matrioshka tries to recall how far the river is from here, as they may need to dispose of the body somewhere under water.

Kallimakus
2019-01-19, 06:43 AM
You capture Louslik. The fight went out of him with the fire. There is rope aplenty in the workshop. The dog takes a while to subdue, but he isn't a fighter. He quits after being struck once, and doesn't attack again unless you bring a blade to Louslik. The man is conscious, though hurt, should you feel the need to question him.

The interior of the office is decorated with antique tapestries and old, artisan tanner's tools. Under his desk, you find a strongbox, locked. Cimri frisks the old man for the keys and unlocks it.
"Right then" she says. "Let's see what we've got here"
The safe holds dozens of leather purses branded with L.T. Different sizes and states of fullness. She upends one bag on the desk, spilling out hundreds of silver coins. Louslik looks away.

There is a river not far, should you wish to silence the owner. You can also search the tannery (roll Perception or take 10)

Zhentarim
2019-01-19, 01:30 PM
Matrioshka does a good look of the tannery, looking for additional valuables. That said, Matrioshka is very oblivious to her surroundings due to always being more focused on her personal thoughts than her surroundings, so a “good look” here is relative.

[roll0]

aReallyGreatAxe
2019-01-20, 01:13 AM
Now that the old man had fallen, Miro went about following through on his orders. Which means looking around the tannery. His smaller size meant he had a much easier time doing things like "looking under the desk for evidence of secret drawers".

Rokku
2019-01-20, 01:12 PM
Desidia pulled her hood up tight and stuck to the shadows. It wouldn't do to have the tanner recognize her.

Erloas
2019-01-21, 07:44 PM
Ettorex searches around for a while, checking over a few rooms, and again checks over Liouslik. Once that is done he stands over him and says "We're all here for our own reasons, and while I'm inclined to return the favor." gesturing to the two arrow wounds he has taken. "But I'm not here for myself. I've heard rumors around these parts and I would just like to know where your allegiances lie? Where we go, in life and in death, depends on what we're worth and I want to know if you're worth keeping alive."

Zhentarim
2019-01-22, 08:09 PM
Matrioshka found a crate in the yard amongst ones with raw material that is stamped to "Remesiana Constabulary" that holds 8 suits of studded leather and one suit of masterwork studded leather in black colour. Each suit had a slot for insignia.

After further searching, Matrioshka finds a set of masterwork leatherworking tools. The raw materials are worth something as well.

[roll0]

Kallimakus
2019-01-24, 11:35 AM
The materials are worth about 100gp. Problem is, it weighs some 500 pounds. The tapestries are worth 200 gp each, as are the antique tools. The set of masterwork tools will fetch a price of 25gp on the market. The armours will sell for about 15gp, though they might raise questions.

"We got what we came for" Cimri says. "Finish whatever you're up to with Louslik and we'll be on our way."

Zhentarim
2019-01-24, 10:48 PM
”He’s seen our faces. We should kill him, weight his corpse to something heavy, and drop him in the river. This country has been good to me and I want to see him suffer for the suffering he’s caused the nation by not paying his due. Legal or not, he should die nice and slow and painful.”

Kallimakus
2019-01-30, 04:23 PM
"I..." Louslik starts, looking at Ettorex. "Please. Just take the money and go"

Zhentarim
2019-01-30, 06:00 PM
"You're coming with us till we decide what to do with you. That is, if we don't skin you alive right now."

aReallyGreatAxe
2019-01-30, 09:44 PM
"You're coming with us till we decide what to do with you. That is, if we don't skin you alive right now."

Miro sighs, then sits down next to Louislik, surely a less forbidding opponent than any of his allies. After all, he was a weak halfling, and an unarmed one to boot. "You're smart, you know how this sort of thing goes. And I at least don't want your blood on my conscience. Just tell us what we want to know, then we can all walk away from this with our skin still attached."

Diplomacy, should it be needed: [roll0]

Kallimakus
2019-02-01, 02:55 PM
"I'm loyal to the Empire. Just not it's leaders" he pleads. A contradiction if there ever was one.

Zhentarim
2019-02-01, 04:28 PM
Matrioshka casts her remaining snapdragon fireworks at Louslik.

”Wrong answer.”

Erloas
2019-02-07, 12:53 AM
"He is useless and not worth our time. Lets just finish him and get out." Ettorex says. Ready to finish off Louslik if he isn't already dead. Once that is done he'll help gather up the smaller items of value and get ready to leave.

Kallimakus
2019-02-07, 06:28 AM
Louslik burns and screams, and Ettorex puts him out of his misery. Cimri takes out the small dog as it tries to defend it's master.

"Good" Cimri says. "Was getting tired of him anyway. Let's head out and clean the place. We don't want to leave too much evidence."

As you are ready to get out of the empty tannery, there is a sudden and loud creak as the main gate starts creaking open. That wasn't on the schedule.

You have one round to hide or take positions. I imagine you tossed the other dead dog out of sight at least.

Zhentarim
2019-02-07, 06:43 PM
Matrioshka slinks under Louslik's desk and hides there.

aReallyGreatAxe
2019-02-08, 05:40 PM
Miro darts into a corner and freezes, hoping not to attract attention.

Erloas
2019-02-08, 10:44 PM
Ettorex heads out into the yard, finding some larger vats, away from the main gate, to hind behind but still with a reasonable ability to see the door into the office.

Will just run to the spot, but stealth once I get there.

Stealth
[roll0]

Kallimakus
2019-02-14, 03:25 AM
A wagon enters, with a lamp to light their way. A man and woman are seated in the front. It's painted green and with flowers. They drive the wagon near the vats, but don't notice any of you yet.

"Where's Archie?" the man wonders.
"You always liked the beast."

"Should say hi to Louslik" the man says, clambering down from the seat.

Zhentarim
2019-02-14, 11:00 AM
Matriosha stays hidden.

aReallyGreatAxe
2019-02-14, 08:18 PM
Oh no- they couldn't possibly come in there, what with Louislik's body cluttering up the place. Miro makes sure his holy symbol is tucked securely away and scurries out to meet them, closing the door firmly behind him and bowing deeply. "Sir, Madam! I'm terribly sorry, but Master Louislik is not available at the moment. Is there any service you should require in his absence?" He smiles up at the visitors.

Kallimakus
2019-02-15, 03:04 AM
"Oh. He's pulling another all-nighter." the man says, with a friendly smile. His face is a bit slack, giving him a simple look. "We'll just unload and be on our way then" he says. He and his wife get to work, unloading smelly pots.

Roll bluff or disguise to maintain the charade. (easy)

aReallyGreatAxe
2019-02-15, 09:34 AM
Miro beams, and sets about making sure that they have the easiest time possible unloading those smelly pots and no reason to peek in the tannery’s windows.

Bluff: [roll0] (added in +1 from trait, which I apparently forgot.)

Kallimakus
2019-02-21, 05:08 PM
The pair finish their business and depart. The lantern on their now emptied wagon departs along the road back to Longacre.

"Nicely done" Cimri smiles. "If we're all done here, let's head back to the Ash House."

Zhentarim
2019-02-21, 08:07 PM
”We must dismember the corpse for easy transport, then clean the mess up.”

Erloas
2019-02-21, 11:57 PM
"Eh, he's dead and it is going to be really obvious he is dead once anyone bothers to look. Just leaving gives us a better chance of not being seen by anyone else. I say we just toss him in a vat, or in the fireplace or furnace if he'll fit and be gone."

aReallyGreatAxe
2019-02-22, 12:32 AM
"Eh, he's dead and it is going to be really obvious he is dead once anyone bothers to look. Just leaving gives us a better chance of not being seen by anyone else. I say we just toss him in a vat, or in the fireplace or furnace if he'll fit and be gone."

"Vat would be fitting. Nobody will want to look in anyhow, given the stench. Dogs too." He begins dragging the smaller of the dogs toward a vat as he speaks- he couldn't handle the entire ex-Louislik on his own, but he could help with the mutt.

Zhentarim
2019-02-22, 08:04 AM
Matrioshka severs the hesd off of louslik to keep as a trophy, and then helps anybody who tries to move the remainder of louslik’s remains.