PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Which EK?

ZorroGames
2018-12-12, 07:50 PM
BLUF:

I like Martials and I like spells in 5e.

So...

When presented with three possible Noble/knight EK builds by an interested party I was not going to immediately answer, “What Build would be best for wilderness, Barack alley, and dungeon adventuring?”

1) Lucan Aloro, High Elf, Cantrip Firebolt. Dex Fighter.

ST 10
DE 16 (14+2)
CO 14
IN 14 (13+1)
WI 12
CH 10

2) Alfred Granite, V. Human, Feat MI Cleric, Light, Sacred Flame, SoF.

ST 16 (15+1)
DE 10
CO 14 (13+1)
IN 14
WI 10
CH 10

3) Antonio Herrero de Hojalatero (I detect some bias in favor of this character just by the name but I could be wrong,) V. Human, Feat MI Wizard, Fire Bolt, Chill Touch, Shield.

ST 16 (15+1)
DE 10
CO 16 (15+1)
IN 14
WI 10
CH 8

I know what I eventually said but what would be your answer?

Rules I was given that influenced my answer:

“A) Do not rebuild my Character.

B) Do not adjust starting spells or Cantrips I chose.

C) I hate odd starting stats. Don’t go there.

D) Just tell me which one and why...”

Waiting to see which character hits the table.

Emtwoay
2018-12-12, 11:45 PM
I like the second one better because of the more utility that it gets from cleric cantrips. But i love the name of the third one.

McSkrag
2018-12-12, 11:49 PM
BLUF:

1) Lucan Aloro, High Elf, Cantrip Firebolt. Dex Fighter.

ST 10
DE 16 (14+2)
CO 14
IN 14 (13+1)
WI 12
CH 10

I gotta go with Lucan Aloro.

I think DEX based for stealth, initiative, and acrobatics along combined with darkvision sounds best for “What Build would be best for wilderness, Barack alley, and dungeon adventuring?”

BobZan
2018-12-13, 08:45 AM
Lucan Aloro

Particle_Man
2018-12-13, 01:50 PM
I favour Lucan Aloro, if only because I am tired of V. Humans hitting the table so much. Also, "Noble" and "High Elf" go together like cookies and milk.

jaappleton
2018-12-13, 02:43 PM
Regarding Granite:

I feel compelled to inform you that taking Sacred Flame via Magic Initiate still has it key off of Wisdom. I noticed your Wis is 10, and simply wanted to bring it to your attention.

ZorroGames
2018-12-16, 08:53 AM
Regarding Granite:

I feel compelled to inform you that taking Sacred Flame via Magic Initiate still has it key off of Wisdom. I noticed your Wis is 10, and simply wanted to bring it to your attention.

Thanks but aware of that. DE save of 15. I think player is taking it to drive fellow player (ultra optimizer) nuts by not using it.

ZorroGames
2018-12-16, 08:58 AM
I favour Lucan Aloro, if only because I am tired of V. Humans hitting the table so much. Also, "Noble" and "High Elf" go together like cookies and milk.

V. Humans - without Darkvision - are very rare on our AL tables. I think it is a bad choice to always/only depend on Darkvision but that is the current practice. Cannot wait to DM next month and expose the error of their ways.

ZorroGames
2018-12-16, 09:02 AM
I gotta go with Lucan Aloro.

I think DEX based for stealth, initiative, and acrobatics along combined with darkvision sounds best for “What Build would be best for wilderness, Barack alley, and dungeon adventuring?”

I am going it’s Barack alley should be back alley. Right?

ZorroGames
2018-12-16, 09:13 AM
I am going to appropriatethe Alfred build, change last name to Pennyworth, and add the Knight Variant, add a family history (7th son of 8 children, younger Sister,) a Squire (orphan) Hakim, a groom Xanthos, and a servant Felix, make him a, “None of my sons will be spoiled because of their birth,” child, and a bit of late decider about what he wants to do as an adult type.

Player went totally different PC choice. At least for now. We shall see.