PDA

View Full Version : Rules Question clarification on the rules

ellenate
2018-12-13, 01:20 PM
would it be considered advertising if i posted a title page i was working (for a webcomic/to get feedback on) in the "arts and crafts" section? (it doesn't have a link written on it, granted figuring it out wouldn't be rocket science...)

LibraryOgre
2018-12-13, 02:33 PM
would it be considered advertising if i posted a title page i was working (for a webcomic/to get feedback on) in the "arts and crafts" section? (it doesn't have a link written on it, granted figuring it out wouldn't be rocket science...)

Advertising/Linking
As noted above, commercial (for-profit) advertising is not allowed on GiantITP.com. However, you ARE permitted to post about or start threads advertising non-profit websites; either charity events or merely amateur/fan sites that do not sell anything. Please be sure to observe the rules governing Spam and multiple-thread cross-posting, however, and make sure your plug is in the most appropriate forum (usually Friendly Banter).

You may always advertise or link to works of art online, such as other webcomics, fiction sites, music sites, or anything else that generates original artistic content—even if that site also makes a profit off of that work. We don't want the rules against advertising to prevent people from discovering new creative works that they will love, and we don't want to penalize artists for trying to make a living off of their work. However, if a site only resells creative work and does not have any of that work available online, then it is primarily a commercial site and cannot be advertised here.

Even for works of art online, posters are not permitted to sell goods or services on this forum.

The Mod Wonder: Short Version: You're cool. You can even make an appropriately sized banner for your sig, and include a link. As a general rule, the "No advertising" isn't "Don't post things you have worked on", but rather "Don't post links to resellers with no original content". You'll note that my sig has a link to an anthology I contributed to, from Drivethrurpg; a link to your webcomic is fine.

ellenate
2018-12-13, 03:01 PM
ok, so im cool.

thanks. :smallbiggrin: