PDA

View Full Version : The Legend of the Gnomad...

Pages : [1] 2

Ralasha
2018-12-14, 02:03 AM
Hether you had been born here, or are passing through...
This village of a few hundred is oddly quiet this twilight, the normal sounds of birds and animals that normally fills the background with noise is oddly absent.
And as any random villager from here or the nearby hamlets villages or towns can tell you travelers and even residents have been mysteriously going missing for several months, never to be seen again.

The most disturbing thing however is that about twice or three times a month eerie howls like a too large hound have been heard, and an oddly silvery glowing animal has been seeing in the surrounding environs. This has been happening for the past three months, and some have seemingly fled in the middle of the night on occassion.

This is the situation you find yourselves currently in.
Tonight is one of the nights the odd canine should appear, as though bathed in moonlight.

The only thing anyone is truly certain of here is that it all began here.

Rhyvurg
2018-12-14, 08:18 PM
Kirnan sits outside the local tavern, enjoying a drink at the end of the day. The town was full of rumors about what might be in the woods, and his curiosity was piqued. The next time the pale creature showed itself, he intended to search fro tracks and follow it back to wherever it came from.

Greenflame133
2018-12-15, 01:21 AM
Ones a night have fallen Lexara transforms herself into a fox. Walking around and sniffing out for clues. Lilly is flying over the village. Ashie sleeps in a cart.

Lexara is determined to find creature rather as soon as possible. Her inacion would be putting locals in danger. Besides body of that creature maybe useful.

Ralasha
2018-12-16, 01:00 AM
((I like how no one assumes the creature can one shot them.))
As dusk sets in the natives begin shutting themselves in their homes or the local tavern.

As the last of the light fades from the night (it's a new moon), an eerie light begins to shine from deep in the woods, gradually closing the distance.

To Green: Do you have the Scent (Ex) Extraordinary Ability as a fox?

Greenflame133
2018-12-16, 02:48 AM
((Yes))

Lilly returns to Lexara to tell her about the light.

Ralasha
2018-12-17, 04:42 AM
You can detect the odd scent of an unnatural animal on the faint breeze.

The light aproaches the town and stops. It is indeed like soft moonlight, peeking through between the buildings.

A howl suddenly echoes through the surroundings, and a loud wooden thump can be heard, followed by some scraping noises.

Greenflame133
2018-12-17, 04:49 AM
Lexara runs towards the scream with Lilly just above her.

Rhyvurg
2018-12-17, 11:01 PM
Seeing the light in the woods, Kirnan gets moving. The bird rested on his shoulder for now, he intended to get closer and have a look before doing anything dangerous.

Ralasha
2018-12-18, 02:43 AM
Rhy: you feel an odd sense of peace as you get closer to the light. Though the situation is perhaps frightening, the creature is not.
It is an overly large, muscular, silver colored wolf with a white mane. It is also the source of the light.

As the two groups converge the wolf looks at each person individually before turning and running back into the woods. Within seconds the glow of moonlight is gone into the distance.

Perception rolls.

(I would have described the sensation for Green, but I cannot recall the characters' Alignments.)

Ralasha
2018-12-19, 05:43 PM
Lex and the others feel a mildly unpleasant tingling from the light emitted by the wolf.

The building the wolf was attacking:
The door appears amazingly undamaged, while the frame around it seems to have only minor damage. Flecks of whitewash and paint having been scraped off.
Something was definitely off with the wolf (DC 20+ rolls), it's eyes appeared too human.

Rhyvurg
2018-12-20, 07:58 PM
Werewolf? Maybe. The ranger searches for tracks.

Ralasha
2018-12-20, 09:41 PM
You find all manner of tracks. Some older than others.
Small animals passing through, larger animals sneaking through,multiple human footprints, some heavier than others ... But otherwise indistinguishable due to age...
There is also a set of heavier far more recent prints. Canine in origin, leading up to the door where they scuffle (from attacking the door). They then run off in a slightly different direction from their arrival.

Rhyvurg
2018-12-23, 09:23 PM
Kirnan follows the tracks back into the forest.

Ralasha
2018-12-24, 01:52 AM
Kirnan begins following the tracks, while the two women stand there.

Greenflame133
2018-12-24, 03:12 AM
Lilly places a Temperance on Lexara while see transforms into a gnome and calls out to cratuere.

Ralasha
2018-12-25, 12:48 AM
The creature doesn't respond as it moves away, aside from a momentary glance.

The Ranger nearby begins following its footprints.

It is dark outside... You have starlight through wispy clouds which are barely there.

It is a pleasant night for stargazing, if you're into that.

The Forge is quite brilliant in the heavens. (It's a Nebula bright enough to be seen on nights with full moons, and close enough to cover an 8th of the night sky.) A mixture of blue, purple, red, gold and silver.

There is no moon tonight though...

Greenflame133
2018-12-27, 03:49 AM
Lexara follows creature with Lilly.

Ralasha
2018-12-27, 03:50 AM
Roll Survival to track it, as it moved very rapidly.

Rhyvurg
2018-12-27, 12:36 PM
Kirnan keeps a fair distance, enough to see the light, but hopefully not so close as to provoke the creature.

Ralasha
2018-12-27, 01:16 PM
As I think I stated earlier, the light has faded off into the distance.

Though you can still follow the tracks...

Some time later you come to a cave, which seems to have been modified into some sort of jail, with silvery bars. The light can be seen coming from deeper in the cave, though it begins to fade quickly as the sky lightens above through the trees.

Rhyvurg
2018-12-30, 01:16 AM
Kirnan, being an entirely sensible person, finds a stick to poke the bars with.

Greenflame133
2018-12-30, 02:35 AM
Lilly stops near the bars and starts diving.

Ralasha
2018-12-30, 02:35 AM
They creak open as though someone had forgotten to lock the door.

Diving?

Greenflame133
2018-12-30, 02:53 AM
Base abillity of Divination sphere.

Ralasha
2018-12-30, 03:41 AM
Lilly sits and begins meditating. (ETA 10 Minutes, 100 Rounds).

Ralasha
2019-01-04, 01:03 AM
Lilly has finished Divining (because no one doing anything means skip time).
There are many magical auras in the area.
Several (5) weak ones, a few (3) moderate ones, a couple (2) of strong ones and a single overwhelming magical aura are within range.

I am not including equipment oneither player so:
3 of the weak auras are around you in the woods.
One moderate magical aura is at the edge of your perception range past the cave, the rest are within the cave.

Rhyvurg
2019-01-04, 07:53 PM
They creak open as though someone had forgotten to lock the door.

Kirnan pushes the bars open wider, then tosses the stick inside, to see what might happen.

Ralasha
2019-01-05, 03:09 PM
You hear a loud snap as a bear trap closes on the stick, then resets itself.
It isn't visible after it has reset itself.
(Just be glad I didn't roll a snake when you were looking for a stick. :p)

Rhyvurg
2019-01-06, 02:19 PM
Kirnan nods and backs away, he's not going into some cave alone with resetting traps at night when some probably magical creature is inside. Daylight with proper preparations would be much better for this.

Ralasha
2019-01-06, 07:18 PM
Good news everyone! As morning was coming earlier, it has arrived.

Scuffling noises can be heard from within the cave. And a man wearing armor with sword and shield on his back is coming out. With a bow in hand and a quiver at his hip.

Greenflame133
2019-01-10, 08:52 AM
"Rather odd time? " Lexara ask rather suspicious of the man.

Ralasha
2019-01-10, 12:47 PM
The Ranger (Rhy) begins leaving, Lexx (GrFl) watches the man walking out, the man hasn't noticed anyone yet.

Ralasha
2019-01-13, 12:58 PM
The man finally manages to reach the entrance.
"Oh. Hello, and what might you be doing here?"
His gaze shifts from one of the women to the other.
Perception/Sense motive rolls.

Greenflame133
2019-01-13, 01:34 PM
Lexara:
Precession [roll0]
Sense Motive [roll1]
Lilly
Precession [roll2]
Sense Motive [roll3]

Ralasha
2019-01-13, 01:38 PM
He has the same color eyes as the wold last night.

He seems cautious.

Greenflame133
2019-01-14, 04:46 AM
Lexara crosses her arms. She is ready to stand her ground and cast dominate person should man become hostile. Surly you are aware of rumors going around the town.

Lilly flots ready to charge with her hemmer launce if Lexaras magic isn't enough to stop him.

Ralasha
2019-01-15, 02:36 PM
"Certainly. Thats why I moved out here. I am trying to solve the problem." The man moves past and into the woods behind the cave. "There is a man in that town, ask him about what is going on if you want to stop it."

Greenflame133
2019-01-15, 03:05 PM
Lilly spends a sleep point to divine for alignment.

Ralasha
2019-01-15, 03:16 PM
LAWFUL GOOD!
To such extent that if it were a standard detect alignment spell you would be blind.

Greenflame133
2019-01-18, 05:37 AM
Lilly whispers to Lexaras ear Lawful Good and powerful.

Lexara makes few heasty steps after the man. Hey, wait a second. Maybe we should team up? . She yells out.

Rhyvurg
2019-01-20, 11:52 PM
Having already begun making his way back to town, Kirnan is aware of none of this exchange.

Ralasha
2019-01-21, 06:25 PM
"I'm sorry, but I wouldn't be very good company."

Rhy: as you begin passing the clawed up house, you notice fresh drag marks...

Greenflame133
2019-01-22, 12:19 AM
Lexara & Lilly follow. Lexara: "Elaborate"

Ralasha
2019-01-22, 12:26 AM
The man lets out a sigh, "I don't particularly enjoy being around others." He stops and stares at you. "Right now, I am hunting, if you could... Stop following me. That would be helpful. I'm rather hungry, and talking will scare away the animals."

Greenflame133
2019-01-22, 01:42 AM
Not a friendly's individual Lexara thinks to herself as she heads to town with Lilly. Ones there they look for man with information on forest creature.

Ralasha
2019-01-22, 03:11 AM
Not a friendly's individual Lexara thinks to herself as she heads to town with Lilly. Ones there they look for man with information on forest creature.

You begin heading into town. A glance backwards reveals the man has disappeared

Rhyvurg
2019-01-24, 04:33 AM
Kirnan immediately kneels to examine the marks and tries to determine what happened.

[roll0]

Ralasha
2019-01-24, 12:29 PM
It appears a hand cart was pulled up behind the house.
Heavy drag marks then go up to the door.
They are relatively recent; from a body of some kind, possibly an animal.

Green Flame: retracing your steps returns you to town, in time to see a man kneeling, examining the ground outside of the house from last night.

Greenflame133
2019-01-24, 04:55 PM
Lexars approaches the man. So zou are a tracker?

Rhyvurg
2019-01-28, 02:44 PM
Kirnan, practical fellow that he is, knocks on the door.

Greenflame133
2019-01-28, 03:01 PM
Lexara follows silently awaiting an answer.

Ralasha
2019-01-31, 02:11 AM
A thump is heard from inside, swiftly followed by the sounds of a curse (expletive) and glass shattered.

A few moments later a rather annoyed gentlemen of middle years in some auite nice robes of red, white, and brown answers. His hair is black, not the black of a dark brown but the peculiar black only very rary seen which shines blue in the light. His eyes are a rather bright verdant green, and around his neck is an odd amulet composed of a multitude of overlapping arcane circles and symbols.
He has several other peices of jewelery to note, as well as ink stains on his fingers, and something splashed down the front of his clothes.

"Yes? What is it? Do you know how early it is? If you've come for potions I'm afraid I've just broken one that as it happens I had just completed. If you require a scroll they have been burned, or will be before you get one, and if you require something else, I am not inclined to acquiesce to your request." He takes a breath before continuing in a far less angry tone, though no less hurried, "Well, what is it? I don't do healing, so you'll have to see the cleric In the local Lord's Town if it's some strange malady." (Picture Dr. Orpheus from Venture Brothers, but less condescending, and more just slightly grumpy with age, that is his appearance... More or less.)

Rhyvurg
2019-02-03, 04:25 PM
"Good morning. Sorry to bother you but I think the creature that's been making lights in the woods at night is taking an interest in your home. Have you acquired anything recently that might entice it? Some rare alchemical reagent, maybe a relic of some sort you thought was a simple curio?"

Ralasha
2019-02-03, 07:39 PM
"The wolf is of no consequence, as it cannot enter. If you need something else, my shop.opens when the sun reaches it's zenith." He closes the door, you hear more grumbling which quickly fades into silence.

Rhyvurg
2019-02-04, 11:17 PM
Now that was interesting. Kirnan decides to wait until the shop opens, he had more questions.

Greenflame133
2019-02-05, 02:58 AM
He definitely sounds like he knows a lot about a creature. Is he using ring of protection to keep it off? but then why would he have so absolute certainty

Ralasha
2019-02-05, 03:13 AM
Hello!
So, time for constitution checks. Thats right, you're both dead tired. Don't worry, if you fail you just get exhausted.

Greenflame133
2019-02-05, 03:46 AM
Okay.

Lexara [roll0]

Lilly [roll1]

Ralasha
2019-02-07, 04:04 PM
Lex passed, and is fatigued.
Lilly is exhausted.
Rhy has to roll.

What does everyone do? You have 5 hours.

Greenflame133
2019-02-07, 04:10 PM
Will see what Rhy dose but I think Lilly and Lex will just go to sleep leaving full rested Ashie to assist him if needed.

Rhyvurg
2019-02-08, 06:32 PM
Let's see

[roll0]

Ralasha
2019-02-08, 06:40 PM
You are Exhausted

Rhyvurg
2019-02-09, 09:55 PM
Kirnan rubs his eyes, promising himself some real sleep after he talks to the old man. But if he's hiding something, now would be the time he tries to get rid of it, after Kirnan already confronted him.

Ralasha
2019-02-09, 10:18 PM
Those Exhausted make all Ability and Skill checks at a -4 penalty. It's in the rules. Enjoy.

The early morning passes slowly. Exhausted people roll Will Saves at -4 unless sleeping (this is you Rhy). DC 15 or pass out.

Noon arrives.

Rhyvurg
2019-02-10, 05:10 PM
Here goes nothing

[roll0]

Ralasha
2019-02-10, 08:17 PM
Con Check Rhyvurg.
Lets see if you can wake yourself up after a short nap.

Rhyvurg
2019-02-11, 01:00 AM
Okay...
[roll0]

Ralasha
2019-02-11, 01:03 AM
You could have.... It was DC 10 and a 20 would have done it. I run the auto-success rule but not the crit failure.

Ralasha
2019-02-11, 01:04 AM
[roll0]
Hours passed out.

Ralasha
2019-02-11, 01:05 AM
You wake up. In a bed of straw in the barn/stable behind the Inn.
Their manhandling and the noise roused you.

Rhyvurg
2019-02-19, 08:28 PM
Kirnan bolts to his feet and looks at the sun to see what time of day it is.

Ralasha
2019-02-19, 08:32 PM
As you can't fail a survival roll.... It's halfwaysto noon. You should probably take a nap before youpass outagain. Maybe ask someone to wake you....

Rhyvurg
2019-02-20, 09:29 PM
Should have made Kirnan a teenager, I used to be able to stay up four days straight and I was fine

The ranger shakes his head and goes to take a look at the shop before deciding on what to do next.

Ralasha
2019-02-26, 02:21 AM
The shop isn't open yet, though you do note other establishments, most of which are occupied by individuals sitting outside at the moment.
Considering the rural environment most people are likely busy working the fields.

The clang of hammer on metal, the sound of a saw on wood and other similar noises can be heard.

A few stalls with young people manning them are selling various goods (usually food related). A single stall before the smithy is displaying farming implements, crafting tools, and cook wares, a few of Iron but mostly of Bronze.

Rhyvurg
2019-02-26, 06:48 PM
Kirnan approaches the smith. "Good morning. Can I ask you some questions?"

Ralasha
2019-02-26, 07:09 PM
"If'n you include that one." The smith grunts and keeps working.
The man is slightly more muscular than normal, but what skin can be seen ripples with the underlying cords of dense and heavily toned muscles gained from hard toils.
He has stubble but no beard, and broad shoulders. His skin is bronzed from the heat of the fire, speckled by small scars caused by sparks.
Leather bracers and a heavy leather apron cover his bare torso and woolen pants, cut short to above the knees, while sturdy leather boots cover his feet.

A large number of tools line the walls and the two metal topped benches.

3 barrels rest near his anvil, two seem to be water (one saline, one fresh), one oil.

The smithy itself is composed of baked mud bricks, and a tile roof resting on pipes of bronze for support.

Rhyvurg
2019-02-27, 03:18 PM
Of course he would say that. "Do you know if anyone has been in or out of that place this morning?" He indicates the shop he's been staking out.

Ralasha
2019-02-27, 09:56 PM
The man gives you an odd look, shrugs and returns the iron to the furnace. "No. Not that I've seen." His gaze never leaves the iron in the fire, watching as it slowly returns to a yellow shine, before pulling it back out and striking it methodically. "Not that I would notice much. My work is loud, and requires concentration. Want to make yourself useful? Hand me the 5 pound hammer over there." He gestures behind him with the smallish hammer in his hand.

Rhyvurg
2019-03-04, 06:07 PM
Kirnan obliges him. "Know anyone who's more observant?"

Ralasha
2019-03-04, 10:18 PM
"My boy selling wares around front." He tilts his head toward the street. Where the vendors are... Such as the one selling knives out in front of the smithy.

Rhyvurg
2019-03-05, 09:06 PM
"Thanks." Kirnan circles the building, looking for the smith's son.

Ralasha
2019-03-07, 10:02 PM
He is fojnd sitting in front, a table in front of him holding knives, pots, hatchets and other various tools.

Rhyvurg
2019-03-08, 04:00 AM
"Excuse me, do you got a minute? I'd like to ask you some questions."

Ralasha
2019-03-08, 03:12 PM
"Yeah? And who are you?"

Rhyvurg
2019-03-08, 04:20 PM
"My name is Kirnan." He points at the shop. "Have you seen anyone going in and out of there yet today?"

Ralasha
2019-03-08, 10:31 PM
He shrugs as he speaks, "Sure. The old man came out bought a knife, and went back in."

Rhyvurg
2019-03-09, 03:35 AM
"Was there anything unusual about the knife?"

Ralasha
2019-03-09, 12:39 PM
The boy picks up a knife off of the table. "Nope. This is a normal knife too." He tilts his head slightly to the side. "Why would there be anything unusual about a knife?"

Rhyvurg
2019-03-09, 08:47 PM
"Someday you might find out, kid. Thanks" Reasonably sure whatever was in the house is still there, Kirnan checks the time.

Ralasha
2019-03-10, 04:41 AM
About 2 hours left. I pss out now. Ttyt
Maybe.

Ralasha
2019-03-12, 02:05 AM
The older gentleman makes his way out of his store/home (the one you are watching), now in different robes, carrying a bag over one shoulder, he waves a hand at the door as he moves away, and a faint shimmer comes from the frame.
Assuming you follow him: a corner from his abode, there sits a house with flower beds in front of the windows, he pauses to observe the flowers before making his way to knock on the door.
A rather pretty, if in her middling years, woman answers, nods to something he says and leads him inside, closing the door behind them.

Rhyvurg
2019-03-12, 03:15 AM
Kirnan does indeed follow, beginning to wonder if this is a waste of time. After the door closes, he looks for a window.

Ralasha
2019-03-12, 03:23 AM
There are indeed windows. The woman leads him through the house with him occassionally stopping to make a gesture or comment on something as theu progress. Normally continuing a few short moments are (after) you have regain a c(v)antage from which to act out your voyerism.

This eventually leads you to looking in through a small girl's bedroom window, she lies on her bed looking very still but otherwise healthy, until the man mumbles something over her small frame, causing her to bolt upright, take a very deep breath and then begin screaming, or you assume she is screaming as you cannot hear anything.

The woman moves and begins trying to comfort the girl while holding her, as the older man argues while trying to pour a potion down the girl's throat.

Rhyvurg
2019-03-12, 09:41 PM
Kirnan keeps watching, wondering where this is going and what's wrong with the girl.

Ralasha
2019-03-12, 10:42 PM
The old man finally pulls out a scroll casts a spell from it on the girl, and gets her calm enough to drink the potion. After which she lies back down. The old man and mother(?) then leave the room, quietly closing the door behind them. A short time later the man leaves the residence and returns to his own building, opening the door with a wave of his hand. The door remains open as dust and other tiny debris are vacated through the door due to a slight breeze.
The door remains open, the windows curtains and shutters are thrown (opened), and a small statue is set just outside of the entrance.

Rhyvurg
2019-03-13, 06:06 AM
Kirnan follows a short distance behind the old man and walks up to the door. "Good morning."

Ralasha
2019-03-13, 12:14 PM
"Good day." the old man corrects as he continues walking around behind his counter. He sits on a very plush chair behind it, and relaxes backwards into it. "So, now that the time is reasonable, can I be of assistance?"

Rhyvurg
2019-03-14, 10:51 PM
"Yes, I was wondering if you might tell me what was delivered to you last night. Before you answer, you should know I have some idea already where it came from."

Ralasha
2019-03-15, 12:04 AM
The old mans eyebrows rise in amusement. "Oh. Then I suppose you already know what was delivered..."
He shrugs, stands and.moves over to a shelf, lifting a glass flask. "People have been disappearing, as you have no doubt already heard."
He moves back behind the counter reaches beneath and retrieves two small glasses. He fills them with the slightly luminous amber liquid from the flask, pushing one towards you, and downing the other.
"That is hardly the only happening of note however, I am afraid." He puckers his lips staring into the glass as though it holds answers to some puzzle.
Setting it down he looks back up from his wool-gathering. "There is a strange malady, inflicting some people, why those particular people, or if there is any pattern at all is... Troubling."
He pours another glass and this time takes small sips. "It is a magical malady. And as the clergy are having little luck in identifying a solution, I have taken it upon myself in the hopes of sparing more victims... The little girl earlier is an example. Unfortunately, all I have managed thus far is to stave off the worst. There is another..." He waves a hand in search of a word, "partial success, but it quickly reverted and became worse."

Rhyvurg
2019-03-16, 02:11 PM
Kirnan smells the liquid before taking a sip. "Tell me about the other case."

Ralasha
2019-03-16, 07:09 PM
It smells of honey, and fire(?).
"Where to start..." He grimaces. "He was found unconscious outside of the village a little way. He had wounds like he had been fighting with a bear."
He taps a finger, "Turns out he had finished emptying a nest of Iron Goblins further out in the woods, and well, he had fallen from his wounds while returning."
He downs the liquid again and sets the small glass aside. "The man woke up that night screaming. A bestial sound. He calmed him with a spell, and began to examine him while I sent a smith's son to fetch the Cleric. By the time the Cleric arrived the man's wounds had healed. Narry a scar, and looking healthier than he ought...
When next he woke up he was oddly lucid, but said he heard growling, there was no growling.
The priest was payed to remove any curses or diseases, and even restore him in case it should be caused by some less visible damage. The man stayed with me for a few weeks, refaining his weight, seemed chearful. He would on occassion go off on his own for a few hours to a day... The next I saw him he had strangely colored eyes and more hair than was appropriate, so I put a necklace on him in case it would prove to be some form of lychanthropy. He immediately reverted but the changes kept on attempting to force their way past the enchantments." He grimaces, "The man had us, I and the build a cage, since such creatures tend to be extremely dangerous. We built it where the goblins had been. When next I went there the gate was broken, and the man was gone. We fixed the gate, and left."
"I have seen him occassionally, he comes by with someone with the illness before the change takes him. Or he stops by to trade his game for necessities. He hasn't finished becoming the beast yet though, because he hasn't killed his best friend...
I use enchantments on the doors and windows you see.
The change forced it's way out of him. Breaking the necklace along with the spells on it. It is worse in him than in others, so I assume that holding it back made iy worse."

Rhyvurg
2019-03-18, 02:31 AM
Kirnan nods. "I see. And the village knows about this potential danger?"

Ralasha
2019-03-18, 02:37 AM
The old man raises a sarcastic brow. "To what point, to make them worry more than they already do at the howling of the beast attempting to reach me, withheld from it's completion by my death? To incite panic, to remove what little reasoning the average individual already has? They would as likely doom themselves in some idiotic agtempt to appease the creature as they would seek death attempting to overcome it with numbers, orperhaps even murder the man who is innocent of any transgressions." He glares weakly, "Would you tell them? Are you willing to deal with the consequences of such an action? Perhaps you would become guilty of two murders by proxy. I will continue my search. As I am getting closer to a solution. I need more moonblossom though. And silver powder... and mithril, and monkshood."

Rhyvurg
2019-03-18, 07:07 AM
Kirnan shakes his head. "You think it better they remain ignorant? If t is lycanthropy, and he hurts someone, it will be blood on your hands. At the very least they would know not to wander alone at night."

Ralasha
2019-03-18, 04:35 PM
"If there were any danger he and I would deal with it. As it stands, he still has some control when the beast comes out. Else there would be victims already."

Rhyvurg
2019-03-19, 12:51 AM
Kirnan's reply is...sarcastic. "Yes, one look at you and I knew you were just the man to fight a rampaging werewolf."

Ralasha
2019-03-19, 12:56 AM
"Indeed." The man nods, ignoring the sarcasm. "For I can force it to retake human form, and kill it while it is thusly weakened."
The man shifts in his seat, "Onto other business then. I would like for you to acquire a flower for me. It grows along the vranches of taller oaks and willows. And it gives off a soft glow like moonlight in the dark. It has a white stem, with petals that are silvery on the top, and white on the bottom. The leaves are blue."

Rhyvurg
2019-03-22, 02:52 AM
Kirnan arches an eyebrow. "Really. And this is for...?"

Ralasha
2019-03-23, 11:50 PM
"Potions, much like the one I made for the girl earlier. I am attempting to revise it to such an extent as to entirely remove her condition. It is abating slowly with the current version, but it always returns to it's previous strength, so for now I am keeping it at bay. Originally I was only able to slow the advance, it is already enough for those I manage to 'medicate' early enough." He pauses, "I can pay you of course. Tell me, are you aware that scrolls can be made to be used by anyone?"

Rhyvurg
2019-03-26, 05:04 AM
"I have heard that, yes. And you're sure the two cases are not connected?"

Ralasha
2019-03-26, 05:22 AM
"It would more likely be caused by something out of one the ruins. Dealing with the more immediate issue, is however, my primary concern. If the two are linked, finding the cause of one would likely identify the cause of the other. Else the Fey are at it again. The only way to know that would be to check if all of the victims are first-borns."

Rhyvurg
2019-03-29, 02:23 AM
"I've seen this lycanthrope, it is far from what I would consider typical, I wouldn't presume to predict what it can do. I'll get your flowers for you, but if the situation here gets worse, people need to know the truth."

Ralasha
2019-03-29, 02:14 PM
"Well, thank you." He stands picking up the liquor and puts it away. "The liquor, you just drank... Is a curative for fatigue. The bags under your eyes suggested you needed it." He turns to you. "It is no replacement for sleep though."

Rhyvurg
2019-03-30, 04:23 AM
"Well if there's no rush on this I would like to catch a few winks."

Ralasha
2019-03-31, 02:28 AM
The old man nods slowly. "Rest is important."

Rhyvurg
2019-03-31, 03:24 PM
"I'll return when I have your flowers." Kirnan leaves to find a place to sleep.

Ralasha
2019-04-01, 12:46 AM
You head to the Inn?
A room is 3 coppers a night. 5 coppers per meal, if you want a meal. 1 silver if you want a bath.
The Inn is an obviously older building, being one of the few around with stone walls on the first floor. It is three stories in height, with a long hall like room serving as the common area/dining room.
A long fire pit covers the center of the hall, with several bronze hoods above it, which in turn carry warm air beneath the floors in the rooms above, preventing the place from getting cold at night or in the winter... It is never particularly warm around here... Likely due to the heavy foliage, and common waterways.

Rhyvurg
2019-04-03, 01:14 PM
Kirnan gladly pays for a room then falls into a chair in the common room, glad for a chance to close his eyes in peace. After getting something to eat he heads to his room for some real sleep.

Ralasha
2019-04-05, 02:18 PM
You wake at night. The soft glow of moonlight entering through the window.
The angle tells you you have a few hours before sunrise. (Based on your survival skill, I am ignoring the need for a roll, as you cannot fail.)
The sounds of night surround you, a soft susserance. A baying howl can be heard in the distant background.

Rhyvurg
2019-04-05, 09:00 PM
Kirnan rolls out of bed and splashes some water on his face, cleans up, then gets dressed. His stay in this town was rapidly becoming more interesting than he'd expected.

Ralasha
2019-04-05, 10:19 PM
(You mean with the creepy old mysterious mage, the mysteriously glowing wolf (which might be a wolf, or a werewolf, or a Fey having fun), the Blacksmith who is actually by all appearances, a blacksmith, the Hunter out in the woods that dislikes company, and the strange case of unexplained tracks behind the mage's shop?)

It is a bit chilly at this time of night, and the only sounds to be heard within the Inn is the creaking of wood, the groaning of a settling foundation, the breeze passing the window, and the snores of people sleeping. Outside is dark, unlit even by the usual light of a fire shining out through a window.

Ralasha
2019-04-09, 05:43 PM
@Greenflame if you are still here.
Noon comes, your companion wakes you.

Rhyvurg
2019-04-09, 09:30 PM
Kirnan heads into the woods, the sooner he holds up his end of the deal the better.

Ralasha
2019-04-10, 12:58 AM
Knowledge Nature check. Weee...

Rhyvurg
2019-04-11, 04:12 PM
Let's roll then

[roll0]

Ralasha
2019-04-11, 04:32 PM
10 it glows in the dark.
15: it needs very little sunlight.
20: it grows on vines.

You head off into the woods, [roll0]

1 North
2 Northeast
3 East
4 Southeast
5 South
6 Southwest
7 West
8 Northwest

Rhyvurg
2019-04-14, 03:24 AM
Well, it should be easy to see at night then. Kirnan sets off, fully aware he could encounter that glowing creature again.

Ralasha
2019-04-14, 11:51 AM
Heading opposite the creature's supposed den, perceptions roll.

Rhyvurg
2019-04-15, 06:45 PM
Perception roll

[roll0]

Ralasha
2019-04-15, 08:02 PM
You wander for a few hours, spotting a clutch just as the sky begins to lighten. Their silvery glow slowly fading.

Rhyvurg
2019-04-17, 06:11 AM
Kirnan quickly gathers as much as he can before anything crazy happens, he wasn't taking chances with that thing around somewhere.

Ralasha
2019-04-17, 12:02 PM
Roll dexterity checks to not destroy the flowers in your haste.

Rhyvurg
2019-04-18, 12:25 AM
Dex roll coming up

[roll0]

Ralasha
2019-04-18, 12:38 PM
You manage to collect the flowers, but some of them are damaged.
You managed to avoid breaking the vine in your haste.

Rhyvurg
2019-04-19, 02:23 AM
Packing up, Kirnan heads back to town at a brisk pace.

Ralasha
2019-04-19, 03:27 AM
You begin the trek towards town as ths sun finally alights atop the trees. Casting a soft golden green glow.
You encounter no troubles you are aware of.

Rhyvurg
2019-04-22, 05:25 AM
Grateful to be back to town, Kirnan seeks out the old man.

Ralasha
2019-04-22, 01:17 PM
You knock on the closed door in the early morning light.
A thump comes from further within the domicile, followed by rapid footfalls and the door opening.
The man's hair looks rather more wild than you remember on this fair chilly morning.
"Yes? Ah, it's you. I suppose you wish to come in?" He suits words with actions and steps aside slightly.
"I was just attempting to make a healing potion."

Rhyvurg
2019-04-22, 07:36 PM
Kirnan nods. "Given your tone of urgency, I didn't think you would want to wait for morning."

Ralasha
2019-04-22, 11:02 PM
"Urgent, yes. But I said I am getting low, not out of it." He nods, "So, if I may see it?"

Rhyvurg
2019-04-23, 08:19 PM
Kirnan nods and hands him the bag. "I was lucky and didn't run into anything out there."

Ralasha
2019-04-23, 10:37 PM
The man nods and carefully pulls out some slightly rumpled flowers.
"Well, these should do for a little longer. Thank you."
The man begins counting out coins from a small bag on his belt. "Let us say two silver a peice, making fourteen silver."
He immediately picks up the flowers, having deposited the coins on the counter and moves over to a door behind it, which he then passes through, closing it behind him.
A minute, perhaps, later he comes back out, shutting the door and returning to the counter.
"And where by chance is your friend from the other night? I do hope she is not another victim."

Rhyvurg
2019-04-25, 02:33 AM
The ranger shakes his head. "I don't know, I think she got a room somewhere but I've been too busy trying to figure out how much trouble this town is in to go find her."

Ralasha
2019-04-25, 12:11 PM
The old man shrugs. "Well. Anything you wanted to discuss?"

Rhyvurg
2019-04-26, 07:29 PM
"No, I think that's all. I should go see what happened to my friend. Don't hesitate to ask if you need more help."

Ralasha
2019-04-26, 10:17 PM
"Likewise, should you find yourself in unfortunate or untenable circumstances."

Rhyvurg
2019-04-28, 07:14 PM
Kirnan nods and goes to find Lexara.

Ralasha
2019-04-29, 02:55 AM
You are strangely unable to locate her, though locals do report having seen her and her companions about.
(Delaying action in case player returns. For now I guess it is solo... So, want me to find some other likely less than dedicated players?)

Greenflame133
2019-05-01, 04:19 AM
After being woken up and seeing sun hight on the hight on the sky, Lexara goes to ask rounds. She would prefer to sleep some more but there is work to be done. She goes around Asking about the strange creature from last night.
Diplomacy to gathering information [roll0]

Actually, let's have Ashie cast Enhanced Diplomacy for extra +2

Ralasha
2019-05-02, 02:08 AM
Gathering information about what?

Greenflame133
2019-05-02, 02:09 AM
Creature attacking village.

Ralasha
2019-05-02, 02:27 AM
Ah sorry. It appears to be lupine. And glows with moonlight, even on nights with no moon.
It is known there was some disturbance shortly before the trouble began. Goblins nearby, but a Paladin is said to have removed that threat.

Greenflame133
2019-05-02, 05:00 AM
Time taken on gather information [roll0]

Lexara gathers her group. "We got quite a bit of time, we should prepare for the monster attack next night, but there isn't much to do. Let's check on a hut it ran to yesterday". Lexara head back into the woods

Ralasha
2019-05-02, 12:25 PM
It was a cave, not a hut.
Cave:
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYyjylXMERO8666TuvGb8IEpyKWpM2l MXGWjCqJjlVJoGzLYZ8qg
Unless you mean the man's home. Which is also not a hut.
It is at least two levels, ground floor & upper. More if it has a basement/cellar or is magically expanded.

Ralasha
2019-05-05, 02:48 AM
Rhyvurg: Kirnan finally manages to find Lex heading into the woods towards the cave after a few short hours.

Glreen Flame: You begin heading back into the woods towards where you believe the creature has made it's Den.

Greenflame133
2019-05-05, 09:04 AM
When they are near, Ashie gives Lexara water flask with Shield of Faith and Enhanced Diplomacy while Lilly casts Temperance on herself and Lexara.

Rhyvurg
2019-05-05, 02:39 PM
Kirnan approaches Lex. "Having fun?"

Greenflame133
2019-05-05, 02:48 PM
"not really, I was about to go investigate cavern in the woods, maybe prepare better for next attack should it happen"

Rhyvurg
2019-05-06, 03:17 AM
"I've been looking into a few things myself, it seems some kind of malady is making the rounds here, and is treated with flowers that glow white like our friend in the woods. Care for some company?"

Ralasha
2019-05-06, 04:45 AM
(Your color may be Red, but I am the Craftsman.)
The two of you hear an oddly ethereal, tinkling laugh thay seems to echo and originate from all around you.

Greenflame133
2019-05-06, 07:25 AM
Lexara stops and stays in this post hoping to hear more while screaming internally 'I'm the greatest craftsman'

Rhyvurg
2019-05-06, 11:53 PM
Kirnan puts his hand on his weapon. "Well that's not foreboding at all."

Greenflame133
2019-05-07, 02:01 AM
"Wait there may be more to hear" Lexara whispers.

danderson
2019-05-07, 02:12 AM
I love this game.

danderson
2019-05-07, 02:13 AM
When they are near, Ashie gives Lexara water flask with Shield of Faith and Enhanced Diplomacy while Lilly casts Temperance on herself and Lexara.
I can't understand what you write.

Greenflame133
2019-05-07, 02:18 AM
With her divine alchemy Ashie gives Lexara flask with Shield of faith and Enchance Diplomacy. During this time, Lilly casts Temperance on herself and Lexara.

Ralasha
2019-05-07, 12:23 PM
Kirnan gives a will save!

Ralasha
2019-05-07, 12:35 PM

And you are? A lurker? Hello.

Rhyvurg
2019-05-07, 09:40 PM
Will save it is

[roll0]

Ralasha
2019-05-07, 11:12 PM
He falls unconscious, and begins snoring. Another giggle echoes.

Greenflame133
2019-05-13, 08:29 AM
Lexara looks around panicked, trying to think of a cause. He seemed just fine before, what happened now?

Ralasha
2019-05-14, 04:28 PM
You notice a tiny arrow sticking out of him.

Greenflame133
2019-05-14, 11:18 PM
Lexara and her group goes hide behind someing and trys to spot the attackers.

Ralasha
2019-05-14, 11:47 PM
More giggles, and make a will save for one of the characters.

Greenflame133
2019-05-15, 03:57 AM
Alright, rolling for Ashie. [roll0]

Ralasha
2019-05-15, 12:14 PM
Ashie feels a pinprick as she is hit with an arrow, but overcomes a sudden severe sense of exhuastion quickly.

Greenflame133
2019-05-15, 12:47 PM
Group stay behind cover trying to spot attacker. Lilly uses a spell point to Divine for magic. (17/18)

Ralasha
2019-05-15, 01:58 PM
Detect magic finds and aura up behind you, moving around.

Greenflame133
2019-05-15, 04:45 PM
How strong is the Aura? Also rolling Knowledge (Arcana) to find out the school/sphere of the effect [roll0]

Ralasha
2019-05-15, 07:02 PM
Moderately strong. Equal to either a fifth or sixth level sell.
It is illusion and enchantment. Whatever spell it is appears to be both.
There is a second weaker aura. Purely enchantment a Sleep Spell on an item.
Make a will save for a different character.

Greenflame133
2019-05-15, 11:26 PM
How far this aouras? (not, knowledge roll wasn't an action)

Lexara will roll [roll0]

Ralasha
2019-05-16, 12:19 AM
Using a spell like ability was an action.
15 feet up, 10 feet away by ground.
_-x
_-_
Y-_
As an example.
Y= you
_ or -= 5 feet
X= the ' glowing space'.
This ispurely to demonstrate position along two axis.

Greenflame133
2019-05-16, 03:26 AM
Casting a sphere ability*, and it was standard action for Lilly, for the remainder of the round, after she says where it is out loud I would like everyone to use their move action to surround the aura. Lexara will adept diplomacy. [roll0].

"Stop this at ones, if you do not we will be forced to assume hostile instead and take lethal actions as appropriate"

Lexara

aura

Ashie

Lilly

Ralasha
2019-05-16, 03:32 AM
"Silly humans, never able to take a joke." A tiny voice speaks like a spoilt child.
It moves off.
((Rhyvurg, this is the encounter you were unaware of, it has been following you. "No encounter you are aware of".))
The man wakes up shortly after the creature leaves.
(I will be awarding experience points at the end of each IC week... Perhaps more often depending on ooc time))

Greenflame133
2019-05-17, 07:10 AM
"Does anyone have an idea what that was?" Lexara asks group.

Knowlage, nature I presume:
Lexara [roll0] (untrained)
Ashie [roll1] (untrained)
Lilly [roll2] (trained)

Ralasha
2019-05-17, 10:00 AM
5 14 21
It is a Pixy. Known for having innate invisibility, sleep arrows, and pranks.
They have a childish sense of humor befitting their apearance.

Greenflame133
2019-05-17, 10:59 AM
Lilly explaining this to the rest for the group. "[...] and that maybe for the best. This one was stronger baster then you Lexara.".

"I thought meeting picky would be cool, turn out pranks are, hardly a prank and this is far from the best time for distractions. Rhyvurg, shall we head inside cavern?"

Ralasha
2019-05-17, 03:28 PM
((Blessed be this Random Encounter Table))

Rhyvurg
2019-05-17, 06:53 PM
The ranger sits up, groaning. "What...nevermind, I don't want to know." Getting to his feet, he stretches. "Yeah, let's head in."

Ralasha
2019-05-17, 07:18 PM
You notice what looks like a dart stuck to your shoulder.

Rhyvurg
2019-05-17, 10:37 PM
He carefully plucks the dart out. "Buy me a drink first, little bastards..."

Ralasha
2019-05-17, 10:46 PM
((That would take the encounter in an entirely different direction, and bestow a feat. We will leave such encounters in the background if they occur. ))

Greenflame133
2019-05-18, 02:06 AM
Lexara and Lilly also head inside while Ashie stays outside guarding.

Ralasha
2019-05-21, 01:47 AM
As you enter the cave, moving past the silvery gate, you notice a low level of illumination coming from the walls.
It doesn't give enough light to see clearly, but it does prevent you from accidentally hurting yourself in the dark.
The walls are suspiciously symmetrical, as though a mirror were involved in it's formation, despite its seemingly natural appearance.
Further in the symmetry warps slightly as the tunnel angles down to the left.

Greenflame133
2019-05-21, 02:40 AM
Lexara stops, as Lilly takes her time devining for magic around the cave. (using longer opsion that don't require a spell point)

Ralasha
2019-05-21, 02:51 AM
The canve shows an absence of magic other than those around you.

Greenflame133
2019-05-21, 04:48 AM
"No magic here, chif"

"Then what is glowing? Bioluminate fungus? Phosphorescent rock?" Lexara touches the wall to get a feeling for what it might be and continues down, sliding her finger along the wall.

Rhyvurg
2019-05-21, 04:56 PM
Kirnan follows Lexana into the cave.

Ralasha
2019-05-21, 07:12 PM
Which side of the cave are you running your hand over?
(I would also like to point out as a powergamer that it is possible to make magical auras invisible, there are also other sources of power than magic).

Greenflame133
2019-05-21, 11:31 PM
Left.
(I don't think I can check for any of that)

Ralasha
2019-05-21, 11:43 PM
((You usually can't, unless you know how, or have a character capable of using those sources. FYI: this came is not running with all things being visible to detect magic: ex: Psionics. AKA: Full Transparency.
There are also forms of magic which do not directly interact.))
Roll Search checks, 3 of them for distance to the turn.

Greenflame133
2019-05-22, 06:47 AM
((Psionics are 3rd party so of course I don't have that))
#1 [roll0]
#2 [roll1]
#3 [roll2]

Ralasha
2019-05-22, 11:46 AM
((This game is 3.PF, so no, Psionics isn't.))
You don't manage to find anything before the floor turns to steps and the tunnel turns down and left.

Greenflame133
2019-05-22, 11:14 PM
Naturally grop keeps going.

Ralasha
2019-05-22, 11:57 PM
As you begin to descend the stairs a momentary sense of virtigo (minor loss of equilibrium) strikes you, but disappears almost like an illusion.

At the bottom of the stairs the quasi-natural style of the upper caves begins to fade, the stone gradually appearing more smooth and uniform. A stone archway all of one peice in a perfect curve stands before you. What is visible of the floor on the other side is what appears to be worked blocks of carefully carved, uniform tiles.

Greenflame133
2019-05-23, 04:59 AM
At this point, Lexara decides to turn into a fox and see if she can pick up any scents.

Ralasha
2019-05-23, 12:05 PM
The scents of those around you. Particularly because no one seems to have bathed in a while. Either the hunter has been bathing somewhere, or he has been gone for a few days.
(Aren't you glad I'm not having the women make rolls against infections?
This message brought to you by Prestidigitation, because real mages don't take baths.)
Roll survival.

Greenflame133
2019-05-23, 02:32 PM
(Because that's why I play in fantasy setting, getting infections, fort/will? saves vs menstruations and d% for random boners.)
(Prestidigitation + Mending is mages rutin.)
[roll0] + scent bonus if any
(I'm petty sure simple bath doesn't counter scent)

Rhyvurg
2019-05-24, 01:46 AM
Kirnan looks around carefully, this place didn't seem natural...

[roll0]

Ralasha
2019-05-24, 01:59 AM
Greenflame: You detect the faintest traces of the smell of blood... Old fires like from a smithy but faint and stale, and the smell of a human.

Rhyvurg: This place has all of the marks of being naturally formed, with the exception of the obvious. It is too perfectly formed. Too perfectly simetrical. You feel the strangeness making the hairs on the back of your neck stirring as you ponder it, and an odd sense of virtigo, as though from staring into an abyss.

As you move about opposite the archway, the light on the opposite side begins to rise, until it is roughly the same as torchlight, excepting that it is constant, and pervasive. Almost as though the place welcomes or becons to you.

Rhyvurg
2019-05-26, 12:21 AM
Kirnan points at the arch. "Magic made that." He keeps his hand on his weapon as they go further in.

Greenflame133
2019-05-26, 12:31 AM
Lexara goes back to her gnome form "Kirnan do you have no light?"

Rhyvurg
2019-05-28, 03:01 AM
"Of course I do." The ranger retrieves a torch from his pack.

Ralasha
2019-05-28, 03:12 AM
((I had entirely forgotten that Memorial Day was here... Not that I am particularly surprised by my own absentmindedness, as it is one of my few constant companions in life. Alongside pointless philisophical ponderings, and intellectual persuits, and mental experiments, and wildly inexcusably dangerous tinkerings. Such as playing with chemistry (explosions!) or electricity (Railguns! Lightning generators! Microwave Guns! And More!) or attempting to create a powered exoskeleton on a limited budget (which worked, but also self destructed without harming me (for which I am extremely thankful, it was a bit touch and go at one point, cheaper isn't better, I have learned this.).)
Humorous anecdotes and foibles aside, Happy Memorial Day?
Have a level.))

Greenflame133
2019-05-28, 03:47 AM
(ok, to be honest home made exoskeleton sound like an amazing feat. Like milioner superhero worthy. I got to level up before making any zombies, *confused necromancer sounds* do you mind if I take a while adjusting the sheet? IRL is getting messy with finals approaching quickly.)

Ralasha
2019-06-06, 02:10 AM
Is the torch everburning or a standard torch?

Rhyvurg
2019-06-07, 01:16 AM
(standard torch)

Ralasha
2019-06-08, 02:10 AM
Do you light it? (I will be checking the thread daily.)

Greenflame133
2019-06-08, 03:55 AM
"Then please light it up"

Rhyvurg
2019-06-10, 01:13 AM
Lighting the torch, Kirnan looks at Lexara. "So, who goes first?"

Greenflame133
2019-06-10, 01:19 AM
"good question, I'm not most durable, would you mind going first?"

Ralasha
2019-06-10, 02:01 AM
As Kirnan passes the arch his image wavers as though through a strong heat haze.
Kirnan feels an odd tingling sensation move across his body, along with an icy chill like walking through a infinitely small sheet of icy water creeping across his body in excrutiating detail as it envelops each hair folical. On the other side he feels oddly refreshed as though having just taken a long bath, followed by a day's sleep.

The next chamber is well illuminated, leaving no noticeable shadows, even those that should be created by the torch.

Off to one side of the entrance is a pile of equipment, in various states of completion and wear and an alien looking device. On the opposing side of the forge are what appear to be makeshift beds of the bunk type, and various implements commonly used in daily life.
Only.one of the beds appears to have been recently used. And the tools seem abandoned.

A little past this is a strange construction, most likely a forge, though what would be the anvil is made of stone and juts out from the mouth of the hearth like some deranged tongue.

A single further door, made of proper metal and wood of unidentifiable origins can be seen past this forge.

Red and gold light comes from beneath the door. It seems to flicker, yet remains paradoxically steady.

Greenflame133
2019-06-10, 02:46 AM
"Lilly. why not you look for spells you can find here". Lexars companion flies to the centre of the room dividing for magic.

Ralasha
2019-06-10, 02:54 AM
You detect many auras.
A dim aura on the forge, a faint aura on the forge, and an overwhelming aura on the forge. Each tile has a strong aura. The arch has several overwhelming auras and strong auras.
The room as a whole has one overwhelming aura and three strong auras.
The door has seven overwhelming auras behind it.
As well as a strange negative aura... Like a hole in the middle of a painting, you can tell something is or goes there, but whatever it is, it is blocked or missing.

Greenflame133
2019-06-10, 03:01 AM
"Seems whole room is filled, except the painting, it seems to have less magic than the dead magic zone"

"Less than nothing? That's very odd" Lexara approaches the painting inspecting it up close.

Ralasha
2019-06-10, 03:02 AM
"Seems whole room is filled, except the painting, it seems to have less magic than the dead magic zone"

"Less than nothing? That's very odd" Lexara approaches the painting inspecting it up close.

There is no painting visible. It was an example.

Greenflame133
2019-06-10, 04:02 AM
There is no painting visible. It was an example.
oh right, then let's investigate the doors.

Ralasha
2019-06-10, 04:33 AM
The door (singular), is made of a wood you cannot identify, and bound in an iridescent black metal, which shines in colors ranging from Midnight Blue to Blood Red.
It has no visible hingss, nor handles. But a small square indentation in middle of the central metal reinforcement.
The wood itself is a mixture of gold and bronze tones, with a very uniform and straight grain, a high polish accents its natural luster making it seem to glow like hot iron.
The 'frame' is of a single peice, being the same kind of stone as the passage and the archway leading here.

Rhyvurg
2019-06-11, 06:59 PM
Kirnan pokes around, holding the torch out so Lexara can see better. "So, someone was living here, or at least sleeping here. If the arch reacts like it did every time, someone could be quite active here without rest. And uh, might want to be careful with that door, with this much magic about there's no telling what kind of traps might be here."

Greenflame133
2019-06-12, 07:35 AM
"You are right, how the doors seems to have less magic. If it was spell designed to counsel magic, it makes it standout more on background of everything being very magical"

Ralasha
2019-06-20, 01:40 AM
The door creaks and stops ever so slightly ajar.
The golden light shining through dims and fades.

Rhyvurg
2019-06-20, 02:37 AM
"Well that's foreboding." Kirnan drops the torch and uses his sword to push the door open wider.

Greenflame133
2019-06-20, 02:48 AM
Lexara observes, detecting magic in case some kind of spell will get activated.

Ralasha
2019-06-20, 03:38 AM
At Greenflame: You just said detecting magic right?
You are using Detect Magic?

At everyone: Beyond the door lies a long granite hallway, or what appears to be one. Lined with alcoves, into which you can see no deeper than to udentify their presence. They sit at a height suggestive of windows.
The hall continues unending into the gloom, beyond the light of your torch, and beyond what distance the pale bluish white light present in the passage allows you to see.

The blocks making up the walls and floor are all reminiscent of the style and form of those found in stone walls and buildings in human towns.

Greenflame133
2019-06-20, 06:18 AM
I'm using a Divination Sphere

Ralasha
2019-06-20, 09:46 PM
You detect the same auras as previously. In addition to the several strong auras you can now locate as being in the alcoves to the sides of the hall.

Rhyvurg
2019-06-22, 12:09 PM
Kirnan looks around for something he can throw down the hallway.

Ralasha
2019-06-22, 12:39 PM
Theres a pile of stuff by the forge.

Rhyvurg
2019-06-24, 04:25 AM
Kirnan picks up a small hammer and tosses it down the hall.

Greenflame133
2019-06-24, 05:23 AM
"don't you find it odd that this monster has such fancy base?"

Ralasha
2019-06-24, 12:23 PM
Rolling on random treasure table... :D

The hammer appears quite small when you spot it, but seems appropriately sized for your hand when you heft it.

As you chuck it down the hall a loud howling noise can be heard. It strikes the floor, creating a thunderous noise before it comes flying back at you.

Reflex Save.

Rhyvurg
2019-06-27, 02:07 PM
"Yaaaaa!" Kirnan tries to duck the returning hammer.

[roll0]

Ralasha
2019-06-27, 03:37 PM
It hits you, knocking you back 5'.
You take [roll0] physical and [roll1] fire.
You are temporarily suffering tenitus. Your ears are ringing from the thunderous crack it makes when it strikes you.
Now that you have a closer look it is a blacksmith's hammet.

Greenflame133
2019-06-27, 04:43 PM
traps.. of course there traps in here

Rhyvurg
2019-06-28, 01:25 PM
Kirnan rubs his shoulder and winces. "Ow...dammit. Okay was that the hammer or the hallway that did that?"

Greenflame133
2019-07-01, 12:44 AM
Knowledge (Arcana)
Lexara: [roll0]
lilly: [roll1]

Ralasha
2019-07-01, 02:00 AM
Rolls for what, specifically?

Greenflame133
2019-07-01, 03:34 AM
to tell what exactly happened

Ralasha
2019-07-01, 01:24 PM
Hmm... Well, it would appear a magical effect went off. Odds are its the hammer.

Greenflame133
2019-07-01, 01:30 PM
"Hammer, probably"