PDA

View Full Version : Dragon turtle crafting

Strifer
2018-12-14, 04:05 PM
So my players killed a Dragon turtle and now my Warlock/Druid (GOO) wants to craft something from the leftovers. He doesn't have tool proficiencies but does know a high level archdruid to possibly do some crafting for him. Normally I'm full of inspiration but could anyone help me with ideas for the items and possible crafting rules?

He can carry shields and medium armour, the Warlock itself is based around tree's. The rest of the party is devotion palla, shadow monk/Warlock and lore bard.

*update*
He is almost LVL 11, has Rod of the pact keeper +1, ring of spell storing, shield +1, wand of web and a ring of fire resistance. His familiar is a reworked pixie with a few spells.

Man_Over_Game
2018-12-14, 04:09 PM
A +1 shield makes the most sense here, or maybe a shield that grants you the evasion benefits of the Shield Master feat. You can also see about taking some of the scraps and making some fragments into a Druid-capable battle axe.

Strifer
2018-12-14, 04:12 PM
A +1 shield makes the most sense here, or maybe a shield that grants you the evasion benefits of the Shield Master feat. You can also see about taking some of the scraps and making some fragments into a Druid-capable battle axe.

Ty for responding. I was thinking along the same line but he is in the possession of a +1 shield, so it would be an upgrade for the PC.

Unoriginal
2018-12-14, 04:21 PM
So my players killed a Dragon turtle and now my Warlock/Druid (GOO) wants to craft something from the leftovers. He doesn't have tool proficiencies but does know a high level archdruid to possibly do some crafting for him. Normally I'm full of inspiration but could anyone help me with ideas for the items and possible crafting rules?

He can carry shields and medium armour, the Warlock itself is based around tree's. The rest of the party is devotion palla, shadow monk/Warlock and lore bard.

*update*
He is almost LVL 11, has Rod of the pact keeper +1, ring of spell storing, shield +1, wand of web and a ring of fire resistance. His familiar is a reworked pixie with a few spells.

Could make an half-plate from the dragon turtle's shell to increase your druid's AC.

Man_Over_Game
2018-12-14, 04:33 PM
Make it a mobile home for the Pixie, which expands her spell selection to include spells like:

Elemental Weapon/Magic Weapon (For a weapon that is left inside of her home overnight, spell starts expiring as soon as its withdrawn from her home)
Goodberries
Create Food and Water
Leomund's Tiny Hut (Magically extends the same barrier that protects the pixie's home around the players)

At higher levels:
Soul Cage (Trapping a soul inside of her home)
Mordenkainen's Private Sanctum (Upgrade from Tiny Hut)
Mordenkainen's Magnificent Mansion (Upgrade from Private Sanctum)

These would have spells separate from the Pixie, allowing one spell to be cast per short rest. The Pixie would be the one to cast them, but they do not expend her spell slots.

Strifer
2018-12-14, 04:45 PM
Make it a mobile home for the Pixie, which expands her spell selection to include spells like:

Elemental Weapon/Magic Weapon (For a weapon that is left inside of her home overnight, spell starts expiring as soon as its withdrawn from her home)
Goodberries
Create Food and Water
Leomund's Tiny Hut (Magically extends the same barrier that protects the pixie's home around the players)

At higher levels:
Soul Cage (Trapping a soul inside of her home)
Mordenkainen's Private Sanctum (Upgrade from Tiny Hut)
Mordenkainen's Magnificent Mansion (Upgrade from Private Sanctum)

These would have spells separate from the Pixie, allowing one spell to be cast per short rest. The Pixie would be the one to cast them, but they do not expend her spell slots.

Some really cool ideas, thank you.