PDA

View Full Version : Belkar

Emperor Demonking
2007-09-22, 09:23 AM
Best tracker under 4ft tall- from the cast page but we know he isn't.

Dunamin
2007-09-22, 09:26 AM
Not to be rude here, but did you have a point?

Omicroncubed
2007-09-22, 09:37 AM
I feel like I wasted a few seconds coming on this thread...

Ecalsneerg
2007-09-22, 09:59 AM
Erm... What?

*goes off to cleanse his eviscerated logic with acid*

Yoritomo Himeko
2007-09-22, 10:04 AM
I feel like I wasted a few seconds coming on this thread...

I think he's trying to say Belkar is more than four feet tall.

DeadmanXI
2007-09-22, 10:10 AM
I think he's trying to say Belkar is more than four feet tall.

Or a hideously bad tracker.

Chronos
2007-09-22, 10:45 AM
Or a hideously bad tracker.Yes, but do we know of anyone under 4 feet tall who's any better?

Ecalsneerg
2007-09-22, 10:55 AM
Yes, but do we know of anyone under 4 feet tall who's any better?

Miko's sanity? :P

Dunamin
2007-09-22, 11:06 AM
Yes, but do we know of anyone under 4 feet tall who's any better?
Yik-yik can't have been worse than Belkar.

Yeril
2007-09-22, 11:16 AM
Yik-Yik was 4'1''

Moff Chumley
2007-09-22, 11:41 AM
I belive the OP's question was, 'From the Character page, we know Belkar is the best tracker under four feeet tall, but he has no ranks in track and a wisdom score of ten or below. Hence, Does that imply that all life-forms under four feet have a penalty to survival, an extremely unlikely scenario?'

Why, I believe that the character page was exaturating.

Spiryt
2007-09-22, 11:47 AM
Belkar already hunted down all under 4' forms of life with tracking. So now it's perfectly correct.

KBF
2007-09-23, 02:52 PM
Belkar already hunted down all under 4' forms of life with tracking. So now it's perfectly correct.

Yeah, it's in the Origins book.
Starting rumors is fun!

Spiryt
2007-09-23, 02:55 PM
Yeah, it's in the Origins book.
Starting rumors is fun!

What?
You mean that my wild guess joke is in fact truth?
Hilarious :smallbiggrin:

Threeshades
2007-09-23, 02:56 PM
What?
You mean that my wild guess joke is in fact truth?
Hilarious :smallbiggrin:

No you just missed the white colored sentence.

KBF
2007-09-23, 03:11 PM
The GiantitP color scheme is perfect for that.

Spiryt
2007-09-23, 03:24 PM
Damn, KBF, that was evil. :smallamused:

KBF
2007-09-23, 03:27 PM
No, I still have my paladin abilities. I think... Quick, let me see if I can smite you!

...With this chainsaw!

Icewalker
2007-09-23, 03:27 PM
No, that was impressive.

Yeah, the cast page just contains an almost running joke on Belkar's competence.

Shas aia Toriia
2007-09-23, 04:05 PM
And that Belkar hates short jokes.

evileeyore
2007-09-23, 04:18 PM
Belkar already hunted down all under 4' forms of life with tracking. So now it's perfectly correct.But hunting requires a Tracking roll...

:smallwink:

Barbolanero
2007-09-23, 04:21 PM
Still, it's about time for Belkar to spend some points on that track feat for crying out loud. Can you imagine a Belkar that would be as the one we all love, only more effective?. He'd track you down to hell if you tell him a short joke. :tongue:

factotum
2007-09-24, 01:28 AM
How do you know he HASN'T? He was able to track down Roy's corpse when he and Haley found it gone, so his tracking ability must be better than Haley's at the very least--that suggests he now has at least one rank in it. Of course, that would mean he's either gained a level "off camera" or he kept some skill points free from his last level up...

TDG
2007-09-24, 01:41 AM
The Cast Page also says Elan is a Minstrel Extraordinaire (Sing, sing, sing, sing a repetitive song), Durkon is always dependable (Except when trees frighten him off while on lookout duty), Haley has a deadly aim (4 panels of watching arrows and she missed) and that V is mysterious (name one thing about V we don't know)

Let's face it, the cast page is wrong. :P

phobiandarkmoon
2007-09-24, 03:04 AM
<snip>... and that V is mysterious (name one thing about V we don't know)

Agreed it's supposed to be a joke, but one thing we don't know about V? Their gender, perhaps? The name of their spouse? Oh, I don't know, ANYTHING about his/her background before the Iron Wizard challenge?

KBF
2007-09-24, 11:17 PM
Agreed it's supposed to be a joke, but one thing we don't know about V? Their gender, perhaps? The name of their spouse? Oh, I don't know, ANYTHING about his/her background before the Iron Wizard challenge?

Try getting to some 'negative' comics.
This better not work again.
Yeah, the whole cast page is a joke. Roy isn't dumb, Elan isn't a minstrel extraordinaire, V is mysterious, but the rest is a joke, the cast page is right about Haley, OotS aren't the best adventurers in the land, and Belkar had no ranks in survival. All a joke.

Guy_Whozevl
2007-09-24, 11:37 PM
The Cast Page also says Elan is a Minstrel Extraordinaire (Sing, sing, sing, sing a repetitive song), Durkon is always dependable (Except when trees frighten him off while on lookout duty), Haley has a deadly aim (4 panels of watching arrows and she missed) and that V is mysterious (name one thing about V we don't know)

Actually, it was probably intended for people first checking out the comic to get aquainted with the characters and avoid spoilers. After begining to read the comic, new readers are able to actually appreciate the humor more, as the PCs are more dysfunctional than heroic.

Ladorak
2007-09-25, 09:36 AM
that V is mysterious (name one thing about V we don't know)

One word... gender:smallbiggrin:

Drglenn
2007-09-25, 11:05 AM
(name one thing about V we don't know)
His/her Gender

DreadSpoon
2007-09-26, 12:57 PM
How do you know he HASN'T? He was able to track down Roy's corpse when he and Haley found it gone, so his tracking ability must be better than Haley's at the very least

Which doesn't mean squat. There is no "tracking skill." There is a Track feat, which uses the Survival skill.

So what we can infer is that:

(a) Belkar has the Track feat (Ranger, duh).

That's it. Maybe he tracked better than Haley because Haley does not have the feat. Maybe he tracked better because he has more bonuses to Survival than Haley does. Maybe he tracked better because he rolled a 20 and she rolled a 1.

Arp1033
2007-09-26, 03:15 PM
Belkar tracked backwards towards Zykon from where Trigak came from, didn't he?

evileeyore
2007-09-26, 09:18 PM
No.

He may have started to but he forgot what he was doing along the way.

evileeyore
2007-09-26, 09:28 PM
Which doesn't mean squat. There is no "tracking skill." There is a Track feat, which uses the Survival skill.

So what we can infer is that:

(a) Belkar has the Track feat (Ranger, duh).

That's it. Maybe he tracked better than Haley because Haley does not have the feat. Maybe he tracked better because he has more bonuses to Survival than Haley does. Maybe he tracked better because he rolled a 20 and she rolled a 1.Maybe he could track better because he got to roll and got to 'Take 20'**... whereas Haley can't even roll, let alone take anything (No Track Feat, no Roll against any DC higher than 10)

** For non-D&D players, on any skill the Dm allows (and cannot result in a catastrophic failure if missed) you can take extra time (20 times the regular time) and 'Take 20'. Which acts as though you rolled a twenty on the skill test.

Also... the tracks were fresh, so he may have gotten a bonus. And if MitD is size Large or greater he'd get another bonus. And if the ground is loose dirt ... etc...

Xerxes Shadow
2007-09-26, 10:27 PM
Belkar tracked backwards towards Zykon from where Trigak came from, didn't he?

It's a DUNGEON. Everyone knows that in a dungeon, you go down. Especially when you're looking for a lich, because really, what self-respecting abomination of life would hang out NOT in the basement?

Also, it's Xykon.