PDA

View Full Version : Online Character Sheets

kjones
2007-09-22, 10:18 AM
I'm sure this has been asked before, but the search function on these boards is a PITA, and I've heard about people having trouble with rpgwebprofiler recently, so I might as well ask.

Some of my players want to make the jump to online character sheets. What sorts of services are available? What are their various advantages/disadvantages? I'm looking specifically for things that will take care of a lot of the bookkeeping, since many of these players are newer and might mess up stuff like skill bonuses, save bonuses, attack bonuses, on their own.

RTGoodman
2007-09-22, 10:32 AM
I'm sure this has been asked before, but the search function on these boards is a PITA, and I've heard about people having trouble with rpgwebprofiler recently, so I might as well ask.

Some of my players want to make the jump to online character sheets. What sorts of services are available? What are their various advantages/disadvantages? I'm looking specifically for things that will take care of a lot of the bookkeeping, since many of these players are newer and might mess up stuff like skill bonuses, save bonuses, attack bonuses, on their own.

I know that the big place to do online character sheets (rpgwebprofiler.net or something) is all screwed up and possibly just gone. The one that a lot of people are switching to is at TheTangledWeb.net.

Also, one of our own GitP-ers has a sheet that I think is pretty good for newer players (though it's offline and PDF-based). You can find the stuff here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3025533&postcount=1), but note that the thread is old and replying is probably thread necromancy.

adanedhel9
2007-09-22, 10:37 AM
The Tangled Web (http://www.thetangledweb.net) is about the only place (that I'm aware of) that's still up. rpgwebprofiler just died in the last couple of weeks. The Tangled Web got hacked recently as well, but they're back up now - sort of. The site's a bit screwy still, and it doesn't look very nice, but it's still usable.

ocato
2007-09-22, 10:40 AM
www.coyotecode.net/profiler is actually defended by cyber coyotes (much like Syka) and is impervious to hax, worms, bugs, glitches, and bullets (also like Syka). It is considered to be one of the finest, as far as I know.

Foolosophy
2007-09-22, 10:58 AM
If you have webspace (with php/mysql) you could also host your own version of the rpg web profiler on a private page. That's what I did for my groups.