PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Dhampir Cleric help

Marywn
2018-12-15, 11:15 PM
I'm trying to make a Dhampir cleric based the card from MTG called Bishop of Rebirth
I'd like some help to make it and what I should to as far as character creation. I start at level 1 and I'm fairly new to pathfinder, but I've played alot of 5e.

Florian
2018-12-16, 04:40 AM
That needs some clarification on what it is that you want from the Bishop of Rebirth. When you want to try something like a "vampiric party healer" that heals by attacking, then you're a bit out of luck. IN PF, the next best thing is more or less either an (Anti-) Oradin (mix of Paladin and Life Oracle that sacrifice their HP for the party and heal up by using Ley of Hands (Or Corrupting Touch for the Anti-Paladin), or, if you don't mind a more China-Inspired flavor, A Life Oracle with the Pei-Zei Practitioner archetype to do the same.

Geddy2112
2018-12-16, 12:44 PM
If you are looking for a mechanic that would allow you to ressurect the dead in any way from an attack, you are pretty out of luck in pathfinder. Magic to res the dead is usually expensive in the form of material components, and requires time and higher levels.

A martial that heals would probably be an oradin as Florian said, or pei-zei oracle.

The best way to represent vigilance from MTG is probably the feat combat reflexes, if you are sticking true to the character.

Marywn
2018-12-16, 01:31 PM
I was focusing the death and life aspects of the vampires in Ixalan, if that helps. also nobility if it comes to it.

Recherché
2018-12-16, 02:15 PM
Oracle of Bones might work for that. Lots of powers to create and control the undead and also healing spells. How fixed are you on Dhampir though? They're hard to play in an average party due to normal healing spells not working on them and resting never restoring enough HP in PF.

Marywn
2018-12-16, 02:27 PM
I'd like to stick with dhampir because of how it fits thematically, and I can figure out ways to heal myself. I looked at cleric domains and If i choose healin and death I can heal others and myself.

Recherché
2018-12-16, 02:48 PM
You can spontaneously convert to either cure or harm spells though not both. Dhampir makes channeling a lot harder as well. As for domains, that's using up a lot of your resources for something that's only necessary because of race choice. And not even very necessary at that. There's nothing stopping you from preparing both cure and inflict spells without the domains. It just means you're dedicating a lot of spell slots to two lists of spells not one and as such losing a lot o slots to it.

Marywn
2018-12-16, 03:20 PM
True.. I'm relatively new to pathfinder so I don't know the exact things that would find, I could also try the card Twilight prophet.

Geddy2112
2018-12-16, 09:36 PM
The balance will be of course how much you want to stay true to the card vs how much you need or want to optimize-pathfinder has the strength of being able to make virtually any concept you want.

You also will generally find better luck posting in the pathfinder/3.5 subforum.

Marywn
2018-12-17, 09:53 AM
I'd like to stick too the image more than the actual mechanics, though I would like to try and simulate them. I'd be will to try anything that would fit with vampires.