PDA

View Full Version : Vault of the Head-Magister

LuccMa
2018-12-16, 01:14 PM
Hey guys,

coming new years i am running a splitt-off one-shot from my usual campaign. One character (3 Champion/5 War Wizard) is the daughter of a Headmaster of a military magic academy. Since he disappeared she thought it would be a great idea to raid is vault, together with a bunch of other students which will be level 6 with some kind of arcane magic.

The adventure is supposed to be short and exciting. Maybe 5 rooms with different challenges and/or fights, nothing more. Since most of the group are throw-away characters the danger level is going to be high.

A note about the headmaster: Egomaniac, power-hungry, consumed by his legacy (his daughter is seen as a spellbook and name-carrier, nothing more).

Already on my plate:

- Magic Traps. Duh.
- A fight within an Antimagic Field Room OR A fight vs. magic immune opponents.
- Probably some wizards chess because thats just fun.
- Since the Headmaster is a real **** only one can get through his vault - in the last room one has to basically backstab the rest or they get eaten by a golem.

Now my question for you: What kind of fun but harsh rooms / challenges do you think fit this scenario?

nickl_2000
2018-12-16, 03:11 PM
If you are already doing wizard chess, why not just completely borrow from Harry Potter with different solutions .

Start with an encounter with fluffy, which can be passed through various ways.

Then a plant encounter to let the Druid or ramger type some (maybe awakened plants)

Etc...