PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else's keystrokes not showing up as typed?

fangthane
2007-09-22, 12:41 PM
In order to type a question mark I have to type it in Notepad and paste it into the board*, because when I type a question mark here, it becomes a É instead. Anyone else having similar issues?

All the shift-number symbols appear to be typewriter-substituted; shift-2 yields " instead of @ and so on. 4, 5, 7, 8, 9 and 0 work normally. The tilde, square brackets, backslash, slash and quotes are completely hosed in both normal and shifted configurations, and <>? can only be accessed by pressing the backslash, shift-backslash and shift-6.

Hopefully it gets resolved soon; it's got to be a forum-specific issue because it's the only site so affected.

So is anyone else having the same frustration I am?

*or remember where it's been re-mapped

adanedhel9
2007-09-22, 02:37 PM
I can't even imagine how this could be a forum-specific issue.

What browser do you use? Try using another one; does that make a difference?

Do you have access to another computer? Does it act the same there?

Calamity
2007-09-22, 03:03 PM
My keyboard in general is weird. Although I think it's the computer's fault because a new keyboard has not made any difference. My pound sign key comes up as #, and my # key comes up as /, so I have two keys for /. Althought some times I get a backslash with my # key too. :smallconfused:

That's not it. My @ key works as my " key and vice versa! Madness, I tell you!

B-Man
2007-09-22, 04:56 PM
Check and make sure that you have your keyboards set properly. fangthane, it looks like you have the UK keyboard layout set up right now. Calamity, it sounds like you have the US 101 Key layout set up. You can adjust these (if using Windows) by going to the language bar on your taskbar or going to the Control Panel and changing the Regional and Language Options and hitting the Language tab and select Details.

ufo
2007-09-22, 04:58 PM
Reboot. It happened to me after playing WarCraft II, and it worked after restarting. And yes, only GiantITP is affected.

Rawhide
2007-09-25, 09:10 AM
Try clearing your cache. That fixes most problems.

fangthane
2007-09-26, 01:53 PM
Check and make sure that you have your keyboards set properly. fangthane, it looks like you have the UK keyboard layout set up right now. Calamity, it sounds like you have the US 101 Key layout set up. You can adjust these (if using Windows) by going to the language bar on your taskbar or going to the Control Panel and changing the Regional and Language Options and hitting the Language tab and select Details.

Hehe... I know what it looked like, but believe you me, I never changed my keyboard away from the default (standard US layout). One of the first things I do when I install a new operating system is to gut the language bar, but I did try resetting the keyboard with no success (the standard Microsoft "close everything, then open it again" solution). UFO's comment about WC2 makes me wonder if perhaps Loki interfered somehow, so I'll have to keep an eye on that. If it happens again I'll have to take a look at flushing the cache as Rawhide suggests, but things seem to be normal for the moment... As normal as they ever get, anyhow. :smallbiggrin: