PDA

View Full Version : Optimization help for homebrow super rare sword

berserker7878
2018-12-17, 05:10 AM
Hey i'm a goliath lv 9 fighter lv 1 barbarian.

19 str, 15 dex, 18 cons, 10 wis, 9 int, 8 char

133 Pv

I'm a brute

3 items:

- 1 half plate rare CA= 15+2 dex+1 rare (no need link)
- 1 hombrow shield rare = +2+2 and one par day +5 CA in my turn, (its a inteligent items) need link
- 1 sword of wounding rare need link

Ok so I would like to be less shaved +2 for my lv 11 or 12 character, but nothing is really good except the Speed ​​Scimitar which is +2 and an extra attack with a bonus action, but my DM will never give me this sword, because I would have 4 attacks per round at lv 11-12 it's broken I admit.

Do you have anything to propose to me with a +2 which is in my style of combat, because sword of wouding like to be less interesting

Ihazturtlez
2018-12-17, 09:16 AM
I'd probably give you a basic +1 or +2 sword. You already have a +2 homebrew shield and a +1 half plate with a +5 to AC on your turn (if I am reading that correctly). So a base of 22 AC with a potential of 27? Correct me if I am wrong on that, please.

Be happy with a base +anything sword honestly, you don't NEED any complicated magical swords, your character should be amazing already.

TristanLeo
2018-12-17, 07:41 PM
Not so much a sword as an item that one of my player characters has. It's a hilt that has to be attuned, but once it is, it can be transformed into any simple or martial weapon of the players choosing as a bonus action as a +2 weapon. If it leaves the characters hand, it returns to being a hilt.
Not super OP but the utility of it is undeniable.

berserker7878
2018-12-18, 02:05 AM
I'd probably give you a basic +1 or +2 sword. You already have a +2 homebrew shield and a +1 half plate with a +5 to AC on your turn (if I am reading that correctly). So a base of 22 AC with a potential of 27? Correct me if I am wrong on that, please.

Be happy with a base +anything sword honestly, you don't NEED any complicated magical swords, your character should be amazing already.

yes it's that for the shield, in my team im the which is closest to a tank.

i don't need now , i talk for the lv 11-12-13, when I have the right for very rare items.

for the moment i think i'm optimal or something like that, but i know for lv 11-12-13 my sword begins weak

berserker7878
2018-12-18, 02:07 AM
Not so much a sword as an item that one of my player characters has. It's a hilt that has to be attuned, but once it is, it can be transformed into any simple or martial weapon of the players choosing as a bonus action as a +2 weapon. If it leaves the characters hand, it returns to being a hilt.
Not super OP but the utility of it is undeniable.

i think it's good object,

just a question a very rare sword +2 break resistance and immunity slashing it's broken??

because for my opinion the speed simitar +2 and one atak for action bonus it's more broken.