PDA

View Full Version : For your consideration: An Archfey Villain / Patron

Trustypeaches
2018-12-17, 04:54 PM
I'm not sure if this the best place to put this, but why not?

So when helping one of my players flesh out an Archfey patron, I got really frustrated with how little info there was out there on the Archfey in D&D, even the most powerful figures such as Titania or the Queen of Air of Darkness. So instead, I began drafting my own concept to pitch to her.

We ended up really liking it, so I thought I'd share for any other DMs / Players seeking an Archfey patron or villain.

https://i.imgur.com/ySAxq7j.png
Baba Rosalba, Mistress of the Summer Court
Other Titles Include: The Fane of Hearts, The Ashtongue Witch, The Burning Blossom, The Bleeding Rose

Rosalba is Titania's daughter and was once the princess of the Summer Court, a bright and beautiful demigod who held domain over passion, love, and life. However, after an ill-fated affair with the Demon Prince Grazz't, she was spurned by her mother and banished to the Feydark, sentenced to wallow in isolation for eternity. She now smoulders in those depths, plotting to reclaim her rightful seat as Queen of Summer Court.

Charismatic and flirtatious, Baba Rosalba is deeply flambouyant and prideful and takes the appearance a tall, mysterious woman with ashen skin and slender, almost-skeletal features draped in a scarlet dress. She wears an ornate, wooden mask and a large, wide-rimmed hat adorned with roses. Her eyes glimmer like flickering candles and her flowing, pitch-black hair uncoils towards the floor. When speaking with mortals, she draws them into a sea of darkness where her candles provide the only light.

Now she is known for inflaming the passions of mortal men, even entire nations, for her own amusement, sowing chaos or peace depending on her whims. She is rumored to claim the souls of the impassioned, just like powerful devils, turning them into Revenants fueled by feelings of joy, love, or malice, rather than a thirst for vengeance. These echos of passion are her immortal soldiers, and cults dedicated to her worship often see such a fate as their "final reward". Some say she mastered the art of claiming souls from her devil lover, and is quietly building her strength in the Feydark in hopes of one day reclaiming the Summer Throne.

-

Hope people find this helpful / interesting!

Crgaston
2018-12-17, 09:55 PM
This is nice, thanks for sharing!

However, I wonder about the title "Mistress of the Summer Court." It doesn't fit with most of her attributes, to my ear. Maybe Pariah of Forsaken would fit better than Mistress?

Trustypeaches
2018-12-20, 10:07 PM
This is nice, thanks for sharing!

However, I wonder about the title "Mistress of the Summer Court." It doesn't fit with most of her attributes, to my ear. Maybe Pariah of Forsaken would fit better than Mistress?Forsaken has a nice ring to it, thanks!