PDA

View Full Version : Deals with Evil Entities

Voltage89
2018-12-17, 06:51 PM
There is an npc demigod in my games named Delilah, and her sole purpose is to strike deals with the players that grant them something great, but will inevitably end up worse for wear. So, I need more ideas for deals she could make. The first deal I have is that she will make one of them extremely lucky for eternity (they are granted 1 luck point everyday), but on one day and one day only, they will be the most unlucky person on the planet. So what ideas do you guys have for other deals she could make?

theVoidWatches
2018-12-17, 07:49 PM
Various fun things she could charge:

"Naught but the warmth of sunlight on your skin" - they become vulnerable to Radiant damage. Also, they can never get tan again. On the plus side, no sunburns.

"Your friendship in times of need" - any time that being friends with someone might help (for example, being forced to attack a friend by a mind-control spell), that doesn't apply. If they would have gotten a bonus to a roll from being friends with a character, they don't get that bonus. This doesn't prevent them from being friends with anyone - it just means that they won't get any mechanical benefits from it.

"Only your smile" - they can no longer smile. Disadvantage on persuasion checks and deception checks that rely on being friendly. No more smiling.

"Your last breath" - the player permanently has one failed death saving throw.

"A memory" - take away a proficiency. Alternatively, don't take anything away, but later introduce a character that they've forgotten.

"Your pain" - don't tell them how much damage they've taken. Instead, keep track of their health yourself behind the screen. You should probably describe the hits they take a little more than usual in order to give them a bit of an idea of if they took a large or small amount, but don't give them specifics.

"They spring in your step" - reduce their speed by 5 ft, and disadvantage on jump checks.

"A moment of your time" - at some point in the future, the character is frozen in time for a round or two. For a larger price, "a minute of your time", and do it up to 10 rounds (split up)

"I simply want to take your breath away" - at some point in the future, the character will lose their breath at a critical juncture. This might be while underwater, causing them to instantly start drowning, while concentrating on a spell, causing them to lose concentration, or any other dramatically appropriate time.

"A future victory" - the next time the character would knock an enemy down to 0, they survive with 1 HP, and remain at 1 HP until someone else gets them.

Voltage89
2018-12-17, 08:33 PM
Various fun things she could charge:

"Naught but the warmth of sunlight on your skin" - they become vulnerable to Radiant damage. Also, they can never get tan again. On the plus side, no sunburns.

"Your friendship in times of need" - any time that being friends with someone might help (for example, being forced to attack a friend by a mind-control spell), that doesn't apply. If they would have gotten a bonus to a roll from being friends with a character, they don't get that bonus. This doesn't prevent them from being friends with anyone - it just means that they won't get any mechanical benefits from it.

"Only your smile" - they can no longer smile. Disadvantage on persuasion checks and deception checks that rely on being friendly. No more smiling.

"Your last breath" - the player permanently has one failed death saving throw.

"A memory" - take away a proficiency. Alternatively, don't take anything away, but later introduce a character that they've forgotten.

"Your pain" - don't tell them how much damage they've taken. Instead, keep track of their health yourself behind the screen. You should probably describe the hits they take a little more than usual in order to give them a bit of an idea of if they took a large or small amount, but don't give them specifics.

"They spring in your step" - reduce their speed by 5 ft, and disadvantage on jump checks.

"A moment of your time" - at some point in the future, the character is frozen in time for a round or two. For a larger price, "a minute of your time", and do it up to 10 rounds (split up)

"I simply want to take your breath away" - at some point in the future, the character will lose their breath at a critical juncture. This might be while underwater, causing them to instantly start drowning, while concentrating on a spell, causing them to lose concentration, or any other dramatically appropriate time.

"A future victory" - the next time the character would knock an enemy down to 0, they survive with 1 HP, and remain at 1 HP until someone else gets them.

I really like a lot of these! Now I just need the goods part of most of them because most are just something bad happening

theVoidWatches
2018-12-17, 09:38 PM
Those were suggested prices that she could charge - the players can no doubt come up with things she could give them. That said, some ideas for that:

Casting a high-level spell on their behalf, once - something like resurrection or plane shift.

Enchanting an item of theirs.

Giving them important, plot-relevant information.

Granting them resistance to a type of damage.

Boosting one of their ability scores by 2 (up to 22).

Giving them proficiency in a saving throw.