PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Broken Worlds - Dwarf Fortress-Inspired Minecraft Roleplaying Server

BrokenWorldsST
2018-12-18, 12:09 PM
Broken Worlds
Roleplaying Server

Who Are We?

We are the Broken Worlds Roleplaying Server, a community who have been together for 6 years.

What Do We Do?

Our team of moderators (known as Storytellers) put together custom world maps, written lore and regular events for our players to roleplay in. Once a world becomes stale, or a plotline reaches it's end, or other unforeseen circumstances, it will end and a new one will begin.

What Can I Do?

As a player, you will be expected to come up with a character. Everything about this character will be up to you, as long as it fits within the defined lore set at the beginning of the world.

After this, it's up to you.

You can play with others, forge alliances, fight monsters and larger foes, participate in regular events, explore, write, create custom items, build towns and settlements and much more!

If the solitary life appeals to you and you wish to go off and build gigantic works, do not be surprised if other characters treat you with indifference or disdain.

With our brand new SkillAPI plugin, you can pick a profession which will give mechanical skills and bonuses to help you along! However, don't let the small available list stop you from playing your dream character.

Use your roleplaying skills to bring other professions to life. Be a hunter, a cheesemaker, a bard, a brewer, a smith, a glassblower, a farmer, a fisherman, a guard, a carpenter, a baker of any other craft you set your mind to!

How Can I Join?

First, join our Discord channel via our Wiki (broken-worlds.wikia.com/).

There, visit the Welcome channel.

Read the information there and fill in an application.

Once submitted, it will take up to 48 hours to be accepted/rejected. If accepted you will be whitelisted and messaged.

Can I Read More?

Of course! Check out our Wiki, which is filled with previous and current lore, locations, worlds and events!

See you soon!

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me on Discord; Blackquiver#9823

BrokenWorldsST
2018-12-19, 09:13 AM
Once this account has reached 10 posts, I'll change the front post to link directly to the Wiki. That'll make it a little easier for new recruits!

Ken Murikumo
2018-12-19, 01:05 PM
This sounds pretty cool, actually. I'm assuming it's limited to PC Minecraft and not the consoles?

BrokenWorldsST
2018-12-19, 06:18 PM
This sounds pretty cool, actually. I'm assuming it's limited to PC Minecraft and not the consoles?

Yeh, that's right, PC only

BrokenWorldsST
2018-12-20, 07:15 AM
We've upped our recruitment efforts over the past 2-3 months and our playerbase has doubled in that time.

We're looking at expanding more so we can have a constant, active presence in-game!

BrokenWorldsST
2018-12-20, 06:16 PM
The first post now links directly to the Wiki, where you can join our Discord or read about our server!

BrokenWorldsST
2018-12-21, 04:56 PM
On the 8th Slate 279, Ucat Shomad Omer Tòm; a gigantic slime, threatened the Fortress! As it had grown inside the brewery vats, the surrounding aura made our Dwarves very drunk!

This 'boss fight' is one of many events that happen on the server; some short and others long.

BrokenWorldsST
2018-12-22, 06:43 PM
One of the things that makes our server unique, is that we will actively create new worlds and maps once the current one becomes stale, or the plot becomes too convoluted.

This allows us to keep things fresh, it allows players to try out vastly different character concepts and it ensures nothing goes too stale.

BrokenWorldsST
2018-12-23, 04:30 PM
Come join our server and help us grow as we enter the new year!

Our server population has doubled in the past 2-3 months, with rarely any instances of 0 people playing. We hope to increase these numbers over the coming months to really make this server something special.

BrokenWorldsST
2018-12-26, 06:02 PM
Our server is one of the few where we actively encourage players to take the non-mechanical route of doing things.

We reward ingenuity, creative thinking and roleplaying!

The Glyphstone
2018-12-26, 07:13 PM
Great Modthulhu: Please only make one thread for a specific topic. Multiple threads in separate forums advertising the same thing is considered spam.