PDA

View Full Version : How would this Fusion look and act? (Human + Succubus + Hill Giant)

BlueWitch
2018-12-18, 12:19 PM
To make a long story short, 3 random creatures were Fused by the power of a fallen Goddess in order to serve as it's temporary host body. (There's waaaaay more to it than that)

The Goddess is within her but asleep so her personality can't takeover yet. (Basically now this thing is on "Auto-Pilot")

But anyway. Our party has to hunt down this new creature to keep a Dwarf she wants dead safe. (And to kill her before the Goddess within awakens.)

---

So this thing is a Fusion. Thankfully all 3 were female, but I'm not sure how to make it look and act due to contradictory nature.

I think the Human side is going to be the least important.

Succubi are beautiful and cunning....but Hill Giant's are stupid and gross lol.

So what would you come up with in terms of it's looks and personality? I say looks because I don't know it'd be attractive (due to the Succubus) or revolting (due to the Hill Giant)

igordragonian
2018-12-18, 02:12 PM
Well, as they say, why not both?
Quite tall- taller then humans but shorter then giants.
Body of "bombshell" but face of "after the bomb" for example.
She might have succubi and giant's urges but cunning and free thinking of human.

How about that?

Jonagel
2018-12-18, 02:32 PM
Random thoughts!

Lust and Gluttony are pretty overlapping, but maybe this creature is like a black widow? Finding mates and then eating them? Or finding slaves and then eating them? You could get pretty dark here. Human reproductive rate with magical influence and gluttonous lust means it is trying to create a brood mother situation.

Maybe a 8 foot tall, clearly overweight but exaggeratedly curved succubus? Instead of demon wings (that wouldn't work because too heavy), it has spines in place of the wings? Or the wings are like a manipulable layer of fat padding (can be used as a +2 AC shield or to grapple victims)?

Relatively smart, but can easily go into a 'rage' of stupidity when enticed with excess food/sexuality? As in, it will forego strategy and communication and go on a 'feeding' frenzy (wisdom saves each turn to stabilize).

Finally... instead of traditional succubus shape-shifting, maybe it just has two forms:
1) More slender typically sexualized female human
2) Hulking behemoth of a succubus monster

BlueWitch
2018-12-18, 06:32 PM
Well, as they say, why not both?
Quite tall- taller then humans but shorter then giants.
Body of "bombshell" but face of "after the bomb" for example.
She might have succubi and giant's urges but cunning and free thinking of human.

How about that?

Lmao I love your description sounds fun. I also like how you incorporated something if anything from the human side. We humans are just too variable to show a strong stand alone trait.

Random thoughts!

Lust and Gluttony are pretty overlapping, but maybe this creature is like a black widow? Finding mates and then eating them? Or finding slaves and then eating them? You could get pretty dark here. Human reproductive rate with magical influence and gluttonous lust means it is trying to create a brood mother situation.

Maybe a 8 foot tall, clearly overweight but exaggeratedly curved succubus? Instead of demon wings (that wouldn't work because too heavy), it has spines in place of the wings? Or the wings are like a manipulable layer of fat padding (can be used as a +2 AC shield or to grapple victims)?

Relatively smart, but can easily go into a 'rage' of stupidity when enticed with excess food/sexuality? As in, it will forego strategy and communication and go on a 'feeding' frenzy (wisdom saves each turn to stabilize).

Finally... instead of traditional succubus shape-shifting, maybe it just has two forms:
1) More slender typically sexualized female human
2) Hulking behemoth of a succubus monster

I agree Lust and Gluttony aren't that hard to see meld together somehow. A Black Widow sounds great for long term. I like the other ideas you had here too. A form change would make for a dramatic reveal. Spines instead of wings is also seems like not a bad idea. You'd make a decent DM!

Thanks for the posts fellas, I've got some great plots to build off now for this weekend! ^^

igordragonian
2018-12-18, 06:37 PM
tell us how it went!

Zhorn
2018-12-18, 08:46 PM
I agree with the direction this is going.
Having it driven by inner desires with poor to little impulse control. While it has long term drives and motivations, it is easily distracted by its wants in the now, very much living in the moment. Plus the combination of Hill Giant and Succubus makes me think it would be insatiable, and that's where the true danger comes into play. No matter what it gets, it always wants more, an unyielding behemoth wrecking it's havoc across the countryside looking for snusnu and yumyum for its tumtum:smallbiggrin:

Lacuna Caster
2018-12-20, 04:52 PM
No matter what it gets, it always wants more, an unyielding behemoth wrecking it's havoc across the countryside looking for snusnu and yumyum for its tumtum:smallbiggrin:
"Death by snu snu" seems like the whole picture, yeah.

Lille
2018-12-29, 01:40 AM
As an alternative to grossly overweight, you could make it grossly underweight. Stick-thin, almost skeletal; an eternal hunger that nothing can sate. It fits the succubus part, and there's precedent for Hill Giants to be that way, with the Mouth of Whatever-it-was from Volo's. That sort of physique allows for spider-like movement, fitting with the "Black Widow" theme. It could help enforce the succubus/hill giant thing, possibly showing that the creature suffers from multiple different hungers. It would also be easier to blend in with a non-monstrous society, the better to hunt more prey.

The appearance could also draw from the goddess in question. Even if she wasn't conscious of it, if she shaped these creatures into a host body of herself, she might have instinctively altered the final result to suit her a bit better. For example, continuing the spider theme, if the goddess's portfolio includes spiders then the creature could have a drider-like form that might actually combine the two "Gluttony" concepts, with a skeletal humanoid body and a bloated spider abdomen.

"Death by snu snu" seems like the whole picture, yeah.

Drain you 'til you're dry then devour whatever's left.

Zhorn
2018-12-29, 08:11 AM
Drain you 'til you're dry then devour whatever's left.
We're all thinking it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-mYK5KpXLw

Lille
2018-12-29, 04:54 PM
We're all thinking it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-mYK5KpXLw

I mean, I wasn't thinking it, but now I don't think I'll be able to stop thinking it, and I'm really not sure whether that's a bad thing or a good thing.

Jonagel
2019-01-02, 10:30 AM
Good luck & let us know how it turns out with your campaign!

(and thank you!)

=)