PDA

View Full Version : PEACH my 5e playable plant race

MagneticKitty
2018-12-18, 07:58 PM
https://www.gmbinder.com/share/-LTooBzTl7vKhG6RrxNI

With 3 subraces. Included is lore and my guess at balancing scale points based on homebrew balance by Eleazzaar. Enjoy. And feedback please

cesius
2018-12-18, 11:35 PM
Seems pretty solid, but I'm not sure about the +2 stat bonus to all and the Tree subrace. It's description reads like it should be getting a +2 to Constitution while the Flower subrace seems like it shouldn't get bonus Constitution. Barkskin should probably be renamed Unarmored Defense as it's of that sort and would prevent any confusion over if it doubles up with those class features.

MagneticKitty
2018-12-19, 12:37 AM
Seems pretty solid, but I'm not sure about the +2 stat bonus to all and the Tree subrace. It's description reads like it should be getting a +2 to Constitution while the Flower subrace seems like it shouldn't get bonus Constitution. Barkskin should probably be renamed Unarmored Defense as it's of that sort and would prevent any confusion over if it doubles up with those class features.

The reason I have it as Con 2 / other 1 was all the other races except warforged have a base stat of +2 and other of +1. To be fair they are more differentiated between subraces than elves ect.
I can rename it. I'll make it natural armor like the tortle has. unarmored defense is more confusing because it does not behave like monk unarmored defense

cesius
2018-12-19, 11:02 AM
To be fair they are more differentiated between subraces than elves ect.

Bingo, I think the subraces have to do most of the heavy-lifting and are basically only tied together by Living Flora.

Sir Brett Nortj
2018-12-23, 05:31 PM
Truly original!

Very flexible with regular rules! This is because you left a lot up to interpretation, while at the same time making something solid, 'sort of like putty' okay? Yes, I will call this new way of making something general yet supple putty!

Breath of fresh air...

MagneticKitty
2018-12-27, 02:12 PM
Truly original!

Very flexible with regular rules! This is because you left a lot up to interpretation, while at the same time making something solid, 'sort of like putty' okay? Yes, I will call this new way of making something general yet supple putty!

Breath of fresh air...

Glad it has your putty approval? Haha.
Thanks!

I think im going to work on adding my race links to my signature. Ive not played with having one before.

Ninja_Prawn
2018-12-27, 02:45 PM
Looks mostly solid, but I have a couple of nitpicks:

"you gain the following benefits: Your speed increases by 10." That's... only one benefit. You could just cut out the whole 'benefits' clause and say "when X, your speed Y"

Is there ever a reason to retract your thorns? I can't see one.

MagneticKitty
2018-12-27, 03:28 PM
Looks mostly solid, but I have a couple of nitpicks:

"you gain the following benefits: Your speed increases by 10." That's... only one benefit. You could just cut out the whole 'benefits' clause and say "when X, your speed Y"

Is there ever a reason to retract your thorns? I can't see one.

Yeah used to be more but i adjusted it. Will reword, thanks

Hugging your friends? Keeping your fancy clothes intact?

I can see an on edge barbarian with thorns always out. But like a social bard might be upset they had to ruin their clothes to use them.