PDA

View Full Version : Older Elf handling shenannigans of Younger Elf

Pinjata
2018-12-19, 12:41 PM
Hey guys,

I have this roleplay situation in my group and I'd appreciate your input on it.

My PCs play young Elves(young adults) in a nomadic Elven tribe. Last session, one of PCs got really drunk and was stuck with a hangover in an elven tree dwelling. An older female elf had put a ring of Feather falling upon young Elf's finger and has tossed him overboard, because they needed to dismantle tree dwelling.

Young Elf has safely fallen to the ground, ran away and had hidden the ring. He was chased by elder female elf and as it turned out, older elf was not sure had the kid lost the ring or stole the ring. Such trinkets are quite common in this tribe, so she is quite not bothered by this - BUT! - she wants to learn kid a lesson.

She told the PC she will talk to him later.

Kid is now to go on a pilgrimage to a holy druid site with his young group.

How should older elf handle the situation? Perhaps just "you owe me" sentence. Or a more painful lesson perhaps?

4chan suggested she should demand his d. I'm wondering if you guys can give me any more sober advice? :D

Quertus
2018-12-19, 01:47 PM
4chan suggested she should demand his d. I'm wondering if you guys can give me any more sober advice? :D

Um, what?

"4chan, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"

Pinjata
2018-12-19, 02:12 PM
I'm not really pondering that. :D

Frozen_Feet
2018-12-19, 03:16 PM
If at all possible, make her put him under a geasa that either

A) makes it impossible to drink alcohol

Or

B) compels him to return to the owner any objects that fall in hands (such as the ring)

hymer
2018-12-19, 03:23 PM
Have a invisible pixie or fairy friend follow the miscreant around. Every time he sleeps or distracts himself with drink, lift one trinket from him. When he is out of trinkets, move on to other stuff. If the stuff ever becomes critical (or really useful), it gets returned - for now.

Rabidmuskrat
2018-12-20, 03:02 AM
Or swap it around. Have the pixie/fairy/whatever put things back instead of taking them out. Lacy underwear, ball gags, bloody knives, voodoo dolls of other party members, etc. Regularly bring up an event where the person reaches into his bag to recover something (during camping or in combat) and instead takes out one of these useless and embarrassing items. Roll stealth to prevent anyone else seeing it.

Pauly
2018-12-20, 03:14 AM
I would say it depends a lot on the charisma of the young elf.

If he’s high charisma, it gets laughed off as youthful highjinks, maybe send a pixie or similar to keep a watchful eye.

A low charisma elf would need to be taught a lesson.

A mid charisma, probably gets a wait and see reaction or a ‘you owe me one”

Kaptin Keen
2018-12-20, 05:49 AM
A proper, evil elf would swap out the ring - for another, identical but non-magical ring.

An annoying elf would just convince a whole bunch of animals you follow the young elf around, and stare accusingly at him. All the time. Everywhere. Any time he stops for anything, birds land, rats crawl out of their holes, rabbits hop by, and they all just sit there, staring disapprovingly.

A powerful elf might ploymorph him into a frog. Because irony.

A really powerful elf might simply curse him so that any item he ever buys costs the price of the ring, plus the price of the actual item. Like, a nice cup of ale might be 2200 gold, and two copper pieces.

I like the last one, honestly. And just have the inn keeper look startled, but remain adamant that 'that's the price for those who steal, young man!' - sounding strangely like the voice of the older elf.

Pinjata
2018-12-20, 08:31 AM
Nice. I picked pixie option. It's great.

Gravitron5000
2018-12-20, 10:06 AM
A proper, evil elf would swap out the ring - for another, identical but non-magical ring.

A properly evil elf would swap out for a ring that slowly corrupts his soul, and in the darkness bind him. In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Silly Name
2018-12-20, 11:40 AM
Tell their parents, who will take away the young elf's equivalent of phone/gaming console?

Being grounded for a week? "No dungeon-dwellin' for you until Friday!"

Or, worst of the worst... Community service! They lost a ring which, while common, isn't cheap, so to repay they must run the older elf's errands... which are likely to be a bit more complicated than feeding pets.

Kaptin Keen
2018-12-20, 01:20 PM
A properly evil elf would swap out for a ring that slowly corrupts his soul, and in the darkness bind him. In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

.. touché =)

Calthropstu
2018-12-21, 05:11 PM
Um, what?

"4chan, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"

Anyone going to 4chan for advice is just asking to be trolled.