PDA

View Full Version : Gamer Tales A thread I wanted to write a long time

Pinjata
2018-12-21, 07:23 AM
I'm playing and running D&D for about 14 years now. In this time I've changed many groups and have met many people - most encounters were nice, some were not, but IMO it is this that makes us grow as a person, as a player and a DM. I've actually started as a DM - I had very little clue of rules but I wanted to tell a story for my friends. I can still remember rogue and cleric goofing around in front of a small dwarven mine, while the rest of the party was getting killed by a completelly overpowered orc in the mines.

These recent years I'm playing in a campaign and am occasionally running games as a DM. I've figured out having some printed out art (along with random encounter charts/events) in order to have it interpreted to players, really enriches the campaigns. And I've realized my ideas are not as fresh or as intriguing as those of collective hive mind of gitp. And this is the point of this thread - I'd like to heartly thank to all the people, who have ever commented on my threads. You do not know me or my groups, but you've contributed so much to quality time I spend together with some really nice people. All your ideas and takes on things have expanded and enriched my campaigns into memorable stretches of people's lives that are still mentioned years after they were done.

As a full-time worker, I take a peek at Roleplaying games here and there, mostly when I am preparing for a new campaign. I'd often like to solve a problem for another psoter, but by the time I come up to a thead, it already has 8 or 10 answers. And - they are very solid answers, usually. So, I mainly stick to questions of my own, almost always pleasantly surprised by the quality of your input.

Thank you, playground :) And happy holidays to you all

hymer
2018-12-21, 02:31 PM
Well, for my own small contribution, you're welcome! :smallsmile: And happy solstice celebration to you too.