PDA

View Full Version : Multiclass phoenix sourcer

Joran0100
2018-12-22, 04:46 PM
I wanted to play a phoenix sorcerer because tbh they sound so much fun, but I wanted to play it in close quarters and was wondering what would be a good multiclass to go with, I was thinking warlock (maybe he blade) any suggestions would be much appreciated also any ideas for a race and feats that would go well with this kind of build?

Galithar
2018-12-22, 06:36 PM
Tiefling Pheonix Sorcerer / Oath of Ancients (or Conquest) Paladin

If you want a melee Sorcerer the Sorcadin is (in my opinion) the best Gish build for you.

I would recommend starting at least 6 levels of Paladin if not more before picking up your Sorcerer mantle though. The reasons being, if you want to be up in the thick of the fight you need those Paladin stats and abilities to survive. Plus as a Smiting Gish extra attack is a high priority for damage output. Between Lay on Hands, heavy armor, a shield, and eventually your Aura you can stay in the fight pretty well.

Conquest allows you to use spiritual weapon which I find appealing as a source of a bonus action attack without requiring a feat. Though at the cost of a spell slot, and not being able to smite with the bonus action attack.

Ancients gives you the resistance to damage from spells at seventh level, which can be very valuable since the type of damage doesn't matter, just that it came from a spell.

Now if you want to build this as more of a Sorcerer from the beginning then I say go to level 5 of sorcerer, picking up third level spells, and then going for all of your Paladin levels. This build path requires you to change playstyles mid campaign, from a straight sorcerer that will need to keep it's distance into the Sorcadin Gish that can charge enemies. Remember you can't pick up heavy armor proficiency when you multicass to Paladin, only If you start as paladin.

I could go on, but there are many guides out there that will do much better at explaining how to build a Sorcadin then me.

CTurbo
2018-12-22, 09:32 PM
Thematically speaking, Fiend Warlock would be best. Chain pact for an Imp would be even better as they are immune to fire.

Another fun option would be Forge Cleric although you'd be MAD. It get's you Heavy Armor and a floating +1 to weapon or armor though as very much fits the fire theme.