PDA

View Full Version : "101 Things To Do If You're Imprisoned Against Your Will"

Falcos
2018-12-23, 05:12 AM
Hi all.

An NPC BBEG of mine is going to be locking up some players soon in a tailor-made prison.

He's also going to be including some reading material, because he's not a monster.

As he's a snarky type, included will be a book called "101 Things To Do If You're Imprisoned Against Your Will".

I'm legitimately worried that my players will read this book and expect me to give them details as to what is in it.

Therefore, here I am crowdsourcing some potential entries for the book. And ways that the BBEG can prevent those entries from being used to escape, of course.

Does anybody have any ideas, please and thank you?

TaRix
2018-12-23, 05:31 AM
Procure a small, palm-sized rubber sphere (possibly kept in a tiny hollow in the pages). Bounce it off the cell walls and catch on the rebound. You might even find a secret button.

Sheet music for "Opera for Three-Year-Olds" and monk training lessons for when the guards come to shut you up.

Tips on faking sick and faking faking sick.

hamishspence
2018-12-23, 05:36 AM
I can imagine the last entry being "Reread this book".

hymer
2018-12-23, 09:29 AM
Good one!

"Close your eyes. Stretch your arms out to each side. Clench your fists, but stick your thumbs straight out. Try to make your thumbs meet without looking, and with arms stretched."

"Play pleasant word games. Example: Make a sentence using all of the following words; face, sodding, your, shut."

ka_bna
2018-12-23, 11:33 AM
Obligatory xkcd: https://xkcd.com/505/

1. Learn all the languages you know.
2. Try to escape. You will fail. Try again. Fail again. Try as long as you want.
3. Figure out the meaning of life
4. Write poetry
5. Kill yourself and see if you come back alive
6. Count all the tiles/bars/dust particles
7. Count all of your heartbeats
8. Run, Forrest, Run
9. Be silent and wait to be rescued.

Strigon
2018-12-23, 11:37 AM
6. Count all the tiles/bars/dust particles

6a) Name all the tiles/bars/dust particles

Quertus
2018-12-23, 11:55 AM

I was thinking next to last entry, "write a book titled '101 things to do if You're Imprisoned...". Last entry, "commit suicide".

Then, in invisible ink, there is information regarding rituals for a technique to return from the void of the Force. Once they are read, the book's writer, now a ghost, will appear to the reader.

username1
2018-12-23, 12:35 PM
Play a fantasy RPG where you take on the role of a lawyer, arguing cases in a strange world of cars and tall buildings.

Tohron
2018-12-23, 02:03 PM
Try to imagine being free so hard that you actually become free.

noob
2018-12-23, 07:13 PM
Try to imagine being free so hard that you actually become free.

Watch out: it might work if you are a psion.

Pauly
2018-12-23, 07:41 PM
Watch out: it might work if you are a psion.

I suggest reading “The Colditz Story”, which while focussed on the escape teams, does list what other prisoners did to keep occupied. From memory these included!

- conducting an experiment, and logging the results, to see if 1,000,000 coin flips folloows a random distribution.
- forming a choir
-reciting the iliad from memory in the original greek.
-reconstructing Shakespearean plays from memory.
-teaching/learning new languages.
-measuring the dimension of the prison using steps, habd widhs etc. as proxies to establish the true measurements.
- using toilet paper to write and send propaganda messages to the guards.
- athletic/physical/sporting training
- designing and constructing a glider (originally intended for escape but not used)
- learning astronomy

Guizonde
2018-12-23, 08:33 PM
-sing bawdy songs. the louder and more off-key the better.
-be annoyingly polite to the guards, so syrupy must you be that a farmer 5 leagues down the road catches diabetes from it.
-redecorate your interior cell. with bodily fluids if need be. i'd go with knitting curtains out of your own hair just to boggle the guards' minds.
-demand that your gruel be served at exactly room temperature after you've eaten it. to test it out, throw the gruel at the guards repeatedly.
-learn how to speak backwards. forego speaking normally ever again.

the thing about being imprisoned against your will? somebody's got to imprison you. the game is to make their life as miserable as possible.

Pauly
2018-12-23, 09:17 PM
Make #101 “lnvent a role playing game”.

Zhorn
2018-12-28, 06:43 AM
Create backstories for each of the guards, deciding who is having relationship troubles and who had aspirations of a different career path.

noob
2018-12-28, 03:47 PM
Play chess against yourself.

Zhorn
2018-12-28, 10:43 PM
- Decorate you cell into an 'escape the room puzzle'.
- Try to solve the 'escape the room puzzle' left by the last inmate.
- Write a formal complaint about the faulty 'escape the room puzzle' not having an escape.
- Establish a complaints department to handle the influx of hate mail regarding your 'escape the room puzzle'