PDA

View Full Version : Get up and continue the fight! (Epic PrC)

Halna LeGavilk
2007-09-22, 07:42 PM
Unrelenting Survivor
He just wouldn't die.... we kept hitting him again, and again, and again, but he wouldn't die, he wouldn't fall.... We couldn't kill him....

An Unrelenting Survivor never gives up life, he keeps on fighting, never willingly giving up life. Whatever reason he does this, he never willingly gives up life.

{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+1|
+2|Can't Stop the Fight; Fast Healing 2; Natural Armor 3

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+2|
+3|Get up, stand up; Desire for Life; Fast healing 4; natural armor 6

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+2|
+3|Just Won't Die 1; I Bashed His Brains in and He's Still Not Dead!; Fast healing 6; natural armor 9

4th|
+4|
+4|
+3|
+4|Fast healing 8; natural armor 12

5th|
+5|
+4|
+3|
+4|Just Won't Die 2; Damnit, This Death Spell Isn't Working!; Another One Bites the Dust; fast healing 10; natural armor 15

6th|
+6/+1|
+5|
+3|
+5|Fast healing 12; natural armor 18

7th|
+7/+2|
+5|
+4|
+5|Just Won't Die 3; Heal the Flesh; Fast healing 14; natural armor 21

8th|
+8/+3|
+6|
+4|
+6|Those Pansies Aren't Using Swords!; Fast healing 16; natural armor 24

9th|
+9/+4|
+6|
+5|
+6|Eyes in All Directions; Fast healing 18; natural armor 27

10th|
+10/+5|
+7|
+5|
+7|Raise-self; fast healing 20; natural armor 30
[/table]

Requirements
Level: 20
BAB:+15
Fortitude:+20
Will:+15
Feats: Die-hard, endurance
Abilities: Fast Healing 1
Special: Have to have survived three or more opponents at once, single-handedly.
Special: Have to have taken more than 100 points of damage in a single round
Special:Must have been reduced to less than 0 HP, and then been stabilized

Hit Die:d12

Class Skills (2+Int modifier per level): Balance; Escape Artist; Heal; Intimidate; Jump; Spot; Survival; Swim; Tumble

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: An Unrelenting Survivor is profecient with all simple and martial weapons, and all armor and shields.

Can't Stop the Fight
An Unrelenting Survivor does not get fatigued from fighting, however long he may fight.

Fast healing
At first level an Unrelenting Survivor gains a fast healing of 2, which increases by two every level. This stacks with other abilities.

Natural armor
The Unrelenting Survivor's natural armour increases by three and by three more at every level. This stacks with all other natural armor.

Get Up, Stand Up
At first level an Unrelenting Survivor gains the ability to make either a Will or Fortitude save to resist being knocked unconcious. The DC for the save is 20+Half of the damage of the blow that knocked him unconcious.

Just Won't Die 1
At second level the range at which an Unrelenting Survivor is still alive is increased by ten (-10 - -20, -20 - -30, etc). This is increased every two levels. This stacks with other abilities of this kind.

Desire for Life
At second level, an Unrelenting Survivor gains the ability to stabilize themselves after dropping below 0 hit points. This takes 1 minutes+ a number of minutes equal to the damage dealt to drop the Unrelenting Survivor below 0. They also do not start losing hit points after being dropped to less than 0.

I Bashed His Brains in and He's Still Not Dead!
At third level an Unrelenting Survivor gains immunity to death by massive damage.

Damnit, This Spell Isn't Working!
At fifth level, an Unrelenting Survivor is immune to spells with a death effect, mind-affecting spells or spell-like abilities, as well as spells or spell-like abilities that stun, paralyze, or otherwise stop the him from fighting.

Another One Bites the Dust
At fifth level, an Unrelenting Survivor gains a morale bonus of +1 for every enemy he drops in combat. This bonus affects attack roles, damage roles, AC, Fortitude and Will saves. This effect lasts until the end of combat.

Heal the Flesh
At seventh level, an Unrelenting Survivor automatically regrows limbs lost in combat, as well as all wounds close themselves. Damage dealt from those wounds is still there.

Those Pansies Aren't Using Swords!
At eighth level, an Unrelenting Survivor becomes immune to non-lethal damage.

Eyes in All Directions
At ninth level, an Unrelenting Survivor denies all enemies flanking bonuses.

Raise-self
At tenth level, an Unrelenting Survivor can raise himself once per month, as per the spell True Resurrection, as long as he died from combat.

How do ya like it? This is just a rough version, so all thoughts are appreciated.

Kiren
2007-09-22, 07:52 PM
Wow, if my dm will allow this.....

Axelgear
2007-09-22, 07:53 PM
I, personally, love this. It's totally unbalanced, but what isn't at epic levels? It's a wonderful class. The concept of this invulnerable fighter who just doesn't fall is epic.

However, two flaws:

1. Desire For Life is written twice, once as second level and once as third.
2. It should be Fast Healing 20 by 10th level, not 16.

Otherwise, I like it.

And as a suggestion, wouldn't True Resurrection be a bit more appropriate than Raise Dead? And it should be as a Contingency spell, as you can't raise yourself once your dead, I don't think.

Kiren
2007-09-22, 07:59 PM
I, personally, love this. It's totally unbalanced, but what isn't at epic levels? It's a wonderful class. The concept of this invulnerable fighter who just doesn't fall is epic.

However, two flaws:

Otherwise, I like it.

And as a suggestion, wouldn't True Resurrection be a bit more appropriate than Raise Dead? And it should be as a Contingency spell, as you can't raise yourself once your dead, I don't think.

the prestiques are hard to accomplish so its balances it somewhat

Halna LeGavilk
2007-09-22, 08:10 PM

However, two flaws:

Otherwise, I like it.

Thanks. Originally, the fast healing was about 28, but I thought that that was too high.

Oh, and I will change it to True Resurrectiuon, but I'm going to keep the fast healing as is. The high natural armor, along with the immunity to a crap-load of spells it supposed to off-set that.

EDIT:Ah. Made a counting mistake. I see.

DoubleEDIT: Also, I made the Raise-self ability like that because what if the Unrelenting Fighter doesn't want to come back?

RS14
2007-09-22, 10:47 PM
As it is, BAB +10 at level 20 is not a restriction at all unless the player has done some poor multiclassing. You might want to increase it to +15 or +20, to keep out less martial classes.

shadowdemon_lord
2007-09-23, 01:03 AM
This class is Hil-larious. I can just see someone disintegrating him out of sheer frustration of dealing with him and then his body rematerializing at full health. God damn, that's cool.

Eldritch_Ent
2007-09-23, 01:37 AM
Very nice. I had a recurring character like this (who had a PrC like this to dole out, albeit non-epic) in a campaign once, though I just went and gave him (and the capstone ability for the PrC) Regeneration instead of Fast Healing + FH modifiers. (It gets the same job done as all this, after all.)

Actually, on that note, You might want to consider changing the Fast Healing to Regeneration at some point during the PRC, to cut down on confusion, since a lot of the features of Regeneration (Immune to non-lethal damage, regrowing limbs, immunity to instant death) are covered by it.

Korias
2007-09-23, 06:10 AM
A note on [B]Another one bites the dust:/B] As written, this allows the Survivor to rack up a huge bonus and keep it. You see, you didnt put a time limit on how long that morale bonus stays. Because of this, a Survivor can just go into a warzone which would be full of 1st level warriors and just kill everything in sight. By the end, he'll probably have a 100-1000+ Bonus to morale. And as written, it stays for good. Which means he can now resist every single will and fortitude effect. Ever.

Nebo_
2007-09-23, 06:46 AM
Why does it have BAB and saves? It should use the epic progression instead.

Natural armor
At first level an Unrelenting Survivor gains a natural armor of 3, which inceases by three every level. This stacks with all other natural armor.

This should say something like:
The Unrelenting Survivor's natural armour increases by three and by three more at every level.
As written it can reduce your natural armour if it is already higher than 3.

Desire for Life
At second level, an Unrelenting Survivor gains the ability to stabilize themselves after dropping below 0 hit points. This takes 10 minutes+ a number of minutes equal to the damage dealt to drop the Unrelenting Survivor below 0.

If you're not stabilised after 9 rounds, then you're already dead.

I Bashed His Brains in and He's Still Not Dead!
At fourth level an Unrelenting Survivor gains immunity to death by massive damage.

Good.

Another One Bites the Dust
At fifth level, an Unrelenting Survivor gains a morale bonus of +1 for every enemy he drops in combat. This bonus affects attack roles, damage roles, AC, Fortitude and Will saves

o_O
This has a duration, right?

Halna LeGavilk
2007-09-23, 01:41 PM
As it is, BAB +10 at level 20 is not a restriction at all unless the player has done some poor multiclassing. You might want to increase it to +15 or +20, to keep out less martial classes.

Take your advice, but I changed it to +25. I also changed the Will and Fortitude.

This class is Hil-larious. I can just see someone disintegrating him out of sheer frustration of dealing with him and then his body rematerializing at full health. God damn, that's cool.

Hmm. I think I'm probably gonna make him immune to disintegration too....
I don't know. I might, I might not.

Actually, on that note, You might want to consider changing the Fast Healing to Regeneration at some point during the PRC, to cut down on confusion, since a lot of the features of Regeneration (Immune to non-lethal damage, regrowing limbs, immunity to instant death) are covered by it.

No, but thanks for the suggestion. All of those are included in the class features, because I wanted them to progress to get that stuff. Otherwise, people would usually stop to get to that level for the regeneration.

A note on [b]Another one bites the dust:/B] As written, this allows the Survivor to rack up a huge bonus and keep it. You see, you didnt put a time limit on how long that morale bonus stays. Because of this, a Survivor can just go into a warzone which would be full of 1st level warriors and just kill everything in sight. By the end, he'll probably have a 100-1000+ Bonus to morale. And as written, it stays for good. Which means he can now resist every single will and fortitude effect. Ever.

Thanks. I didn't catch that, and the guys in my campaign group would totally abuse that.

Why does it have BAB and saves? It should use the epic progression instead.

I prefer the bonuses to BAB and saves to epic progression.

This should say something like:
The Unrelenting Survivor's natural armour increases by three and by three more at every level.
As written it can reduce your natural armour if it is already higher than 3.

Eh. I thought I had worded it right, but I guess I didn't.

If you're not stabilised after 9 rounds, then you're already dead.

Changed that. Works much better now.

EDIT: Also, I'm changing I Bashed His Brains in and He's Still Not Dead! to a lower level.

Dancing_Zephyr
2007-09-23, 03:45 PM
Isn't 25 BAB impossible? I thought that you got an epic bonus for epic levels, not an actual increase in BAB. The same might go for saves, but I didn't read to carefully. Other than that, i think this class is awsome.

Edit: If they stop losing hp after being brought to 0 hp then isn't stabilizing pointless?

Xenoti
2007-09-23, 03:55 PM
i....love it! It's like the black night from Monty Python, but useful!

Halna LeGavilk
2007-09-23, 08:16 PM
Isn't 25 BAB impossible? I thought that you got an epic bonus for epic levels, not an actual increase in BAB. The same might go for saves, but I didn't read to carefully. Other than that, i think this class is awsome.

Edit: If they stop losing hp after being brought to 0 hp then isn't stabilizing pointless?

No. A fighter at 20th level has +20 BAB, get a few more levels in something like Barbarian, plus Epic progression, +25 BAB is easy.

No. Normally, being brought to less than 0 HP knocks you unconscious, and you start losing HP, 1 per round (I always thought it was minute). The stabilizing brings it to back to 0. This is more for contingency, such as being less than 0, but having killed all the enemies.

EDIT: Actually, TBK was one of my inspirations for this.

DanielLC
2007-09-23, 08:16 PM
I made a PrC that refuses to die, but it uses a different strategy. I called it coward.

SensFan
2007-09-23, 08:29 PM
Honestly, this is WAAAAYYYY to good, and I would never allow it. For one, it NEVER dies. Secondly, unless you are trying to rewrite the system, take out BAB and Saves. There is a reason the Epic system doesn't use them.

To be blunt, it looks to me like you are trying to make an overpowered character, possibly with the intent of trying to convince your DM to let you play it.

Halna LeGavilk
2007-09-24, 07:42 AM
Honestly, this is WAAAAYYYY to good, and I would never allow it. For one, it NEVER dies. Secondly, unless you are trying to rewrite the system, take out BAB and Saves. There is a reason the Epic system doesn't use them.

To be blunt, it looks to me like you are trying to make an overpowered character, possibly with the intent of trying to convince your DM to let you play it.

Never dies? Bullpuckey. It's quite possible for it to die. It's quite less powerful than any level 25 wizard, who could easily cast wish, true resurrection, or any number of spells to revive him.

Most of his bonuses apply only to combat. There is a differnce between combat and say, getting stabbed in the back or sniped in the street.

Many, if not all, epic enemies could easily cast soul trap or some sort of similer spell, preventing him from resurrecting himself. Remember, this is EPIC, not level freakin' three.

Oh, and by the way, I am the DM of the only campaign I could use this in.