PDA

View Full Version : The Church of Pun Pun

bugsysservant
2007-09-22, 08:06 PM
Since every one knows that Pun Pun is the ultimate deity, having essentially infinite ranks, what domains would he grant? I looked through the thread, and it didn't seem to say, as it isn't actually relevant to the post. Or, more specifically, what domains have the greatest potential to be massively unbalance?

Mewtarthio
2007-09-22, 08:10 PM
Being omnipotent, omniscient, and effectively omnipresent, Pun-Pun could simply place a single claw on his followers and use an Epic Spell with the Transform seed to grant them Power Overwhelming.

Drider
2007-09-22, 08:10 PM
I think there was a domain "kobold" in races of dragonPun-Pun would grant EVERY domain...at once

martyboy74
2007-09-22, 08:14 PM
Pun-pun needs no worshipers. He already has infinite power, what's left to get? He can always use Summon Psychologist IX if he feels that he needs he ego to be stroked.

Solo
2007-09-22, 08:34 PM
Cheese Domain
---------------------------------
1) detect cheese
2) protection from cheese
3) dispel cheese
4) cone of cheese
5) transmute brie to gouda
6) wall of cheese
7) finger of swiss
8) storm of curds
9) grate the soul

Domain Granted Power: Power Overwhelming

Leliel
2007-09-22, 08:57 PM
I don't care, beacuse I cast fanboy bane upon him, causing him to instantly die. Permently. Witout an afterlife. No save. Immune to special abilities. I got a turn by DM mandate.

Fax Celestis
2007-09-22, 09:16 PM
Pun-Pun, since he has every ability in the game, technically has every domain, their granted powers, and the ability to use all their spells at will...at infinite caster level, since he gets a bonus on his CL for SLAs equal to his Divine Rank.

Belteshazzar
2007-09-22, 09:27 PM
Greed and Magic.
However he is angry that in my world he only was able to partially ascend before he realized that Sarruks only existed in Forgotten Realms. However his attempt earned him the title of "Pun-Pun, the One that could have been,"

Tucker the Trapper still remains more popular however, with the domains Trickery, Artifice, and Terror.

bugsysservant
2007-09-22, 09:58 PM
Pun-Pun, since he has every ability in the game, technically has every domain, their granted powers, and the ability to use all their spells at will...at infinite caster level, since he gets a bonus on his CL for SLAs equal to his Divine Rank.

I know he can cast every spell, but even overdeities have limits on the number of domains they grant. I have never seen an ability anywhere which allows a deity to gain domains to grant (though it could exist)

Edit: I was wrong :smallfrown: the extra domain (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/divineAbilitiesFeats.htm#extraDomain) ability grants it.

Solo
2007-09-22, 10:00 PM
I know he can cast every spell, but even overdeities have limits on the number of domains they grant. I have never seen an ability anywhere which allows a deity to gain domains to grant (though it could exist)

Pun Pun grants the ability to himself.

Dhavaer
2007-09-22, 10:01 PM

The Extra Domain (or is it Bonus Domain?) salient divine ability from Deities and Demigods.

bugsysservant
2007-09-22, 10:02 PM
Pun Pun grants the ability to himself.

No, he grants the ability to grant the ability to himself :smallwink:

Green Bean
2007-09-22, 10:29 PM
Pun-pun's divine heralds are the Lord of Smack, and that build that uses Luck potions to do infinite damage.

Guy_Whozevl
2007-09-22, 11:32 PM
The answer is no domains. If one checks the SRD, it is clear that rank 21+ deities (which Pun Pun, having infinite ranks, most surely is) have this as their philosophy.

"These entities are beyond the ken of mortals and care nothing for worshipers. They do not grant spells, do not answer prayers, and do not respond to queries. If they are known at all, it is to a handful of scholars on the Material Plane. They are called overdeities."

Basically, he doesn't care about mortals too much, clerics or not.

Tokiko Mima
2007-09-23, 02:12 AM
The answer is no domains. If one checks the SRD, it is clear that rank 21+ deities (which Pun Pun, having infinite ranks, most surely is) have this as their philosophy.

"These entities are beyond the ken of mortals and care nothing for worshipers. They do not grant spells, do not answer prayers, and do not respond to queries. If they are known at all, it is to a handful of scholars on the Material Plane. They are called overdeities."

Basically, he doesn't care about mortals too much, clerics or not.

Ah, but Pun-Pun could possess caring for mortals if it wanted to. A NI (nearly infinite) amount, I'm told. Pun-Pun eats over-dieties for breakfast and has a shake for lunch, then a sensible multiverse for dinner. :smalltongue:

Hadrian_Emrys
2007-09-23, 02:58 AM
-of course, every incarnation of the cretin lives in his own micro-multiplanar-universe set aside for them by Ao so as to avoid such nonsense in the real world.

kpenguin
2007-09-23, 03:33 AM
Ah, but Pun-Pun could possess caring for mortals if it wanted to. A NI (nearly infinite) amount, I'm told. Pun-Pun eats over-dieties for breakfast and has a shake for lunch, then a sensible multiverse for dinner. :smalltongue:

Then Lord Dee-Em wipes Pun-Pun out of the known multiverse with a single utternance of the word "BAN!"

AtomicKitKat
2007-09-23, 06:05 AM
Everytime some fool Kobold gives their kid the stupid name, Kurtulmak instantly annihilates the entire family from existence. And consumes the souls.:smallfurious:

Edit: He also instantly annihilates any Kobold who says "Pazu". Same deal. Never existed.

Arbitrarity
2007-09-23, 10:59 AM
-of course, every incarnation of the cretin lives in his own micro-multiplanar-universe set aside for them by Ao so as to avoid such nonsense in the real world.

Objection! Ao IS Pun-Pun!

There's no other way for this to make sense! Anything with literally infinite powers can't be stopped by mere multiversal boundries!

Interestingly, that made a scary amount of sense. Sadly, it probably contradicts FR fluff on Ao.

detrevnisisiht
2007-09-23, 01:51 PM
that build that uses Luck potions to do infinite damage. ??wow can you tell me where that is

martyboy74
2007-09-23, 02:46 PM
His favored weapon is the shuriken. (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=855878)

Wystrell
2007-09-23, 06:16 PM
His favored weapon is the shuriken. (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=855878)
Note 1: Hold me... :smalleek:
Note 2: Pun Pun's favorite weapon is his eyes. Most people call a certain look the "evil eye," but even his "good eye" does a fair 50d12.