PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Can't find a creature: Infernal (?) Wyvern

Hyperversum
2018-12-24, 06:31 AM
So, I know that making a post is maybe too much, but I couldn't find if/where is the thread for this kind of question (the RAW is about rules and similar, not this question, right? If I am wrong, sorry, move the post).

I am goddamn sure that in 3.X existed a kind of outsider (or Extraplanar dragon) who was basically a wyvern but capable of using a breath weapon and coming from the Abyss or from Hell. I also -goddamn my memory- remember that it had 12 HD but I can't absolutely remember which supplement it was from.
Any ideas or do you remember this bad boy?

P.S. I am playing a Malconvoker and since my party is made out of annoying pragmatists they don't want to do join a battle at all, so I am probably up to a 2 hour session alone with the DM where I can play the class and Planar Binding at 100% of its power without worrying about making feel the poor ranger a secondary character.
And I wanted to ride that goddamn beast in battle, but neither I or the DM can find it.

hamishspence
2018-12-24, 06:42 AM
You are probably thinking of the Abyssal Drake from Draconomicon.

Hyperversum
2018-12-24, 06:46 AM
You are probably thinking of the Abyssal Drake from Draconomicon.

Be right back, I'm just gonna commit seppuku.
I completely forgot to check the Drakes in the Draconomicon. Thanks. I feel so stupid now.

hamishspence
2018-12-24, 06:50 AM
Note that the Abyssal is kind of a standalone- all the other drakes in the book are elemental rather plane-aligned.

Hyperversum
2018-12-24, 08:09 AM
Note that the Abyssal is kind of a standalone- all the other drakes in the book are elemental rather plane-aligned.

Maybe I had a good reason to assume that it wasn't there ahahaha!
But anyway, thanks. I just needed the stats to do play it. We (me+DM) both remembered what it was capable of and the general CR, but couldn't find it at all. And since in-game I have already summoned it... well, it would have been a pain to search for another creature and retcon the last session lol.

Malphegor
2018-12-24, 02:19 PM
I think there was a named posessed dragon which had a babetzu posessing it in one book, possibly the book of vile darkness?