PDA

View Full Version : DM Help [3.5] Sacred Watcher Special Attacks

TallerSpine
2018-12-24, 03:55 PM
Hello all,

The sacred watcher (https://www.realmshelps.net/monsters/templates/sacredwatcher.shtml) (from BoED) says that it gains Manifestation plus 1 to 3 other special attacks listed below. Then it goes on to list only one additional special attack. Is there another source that lists what the missing special attacks might be? Or am I to assume that every sacred watcher can have up to three in theory, but in practice, there is no such thing as a sacred warder with more than one special attack?

Also, I want to implement this in Eberron. Does anyone have any suggestions for updates I should make?

hamishspence
2018-12-24, 04:10 PM
Given that it's basically an Always Good ghost variant, maybe you could use the Ghost ones as a starting point?

TallerSpine
2018-12-24, 04:48 PM
Given that it's basically an Always Good ghost variant, maybe you could use the Ghost ones as a starting point?

The ghost ones all seem fairly malevolent, and not at all in the spirit of the sacred watcher. Perhaps something like:

Silvery Radiance (Su): Causes blindness/damages or destroys undead

Merciful (Ex): May deal nonlethal damage with any weapons it wields (or its incorporeal attacks) without taking -4 penalty

Stop the Intruder (Su): Target creature within 60 ft who meets the sacred watcher's gaze is paralyzed for 2d4 rounds. A successful save and the target is immune to this particular gaze attack for 24 hours.

I can come up with stuff if I need to. I was just wondering if anyone had seen any attempts to flesh out this template.