PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Help with a Nickelback bard

Bertulf
2018-12-24, 07:04 PM
So this character started as a joke to annoy a mate and I've now decided to play it in a new campaign much to his chagrin. Basically going to be Chad Kroeger as a bard who utilizes more vocal based spells(like dissonant whispers, healing word and vicious mockery) and the spells would use lyrics or in the case of vicious mockery Nickelback jokes against the enemy.

So wondering if anyone knows of either choice weird lyrics to confuse the enemy(e.g. "I like your pants around your feet") or Nickelback slams ("You overproduced ear garbage") to give me a good start till my DM kills him off for making him listen to my bad Nickelback singing.

Vorpalchicken
2018-12-24, 07:42 PM
"Look at this staff" *Holds up staff with vacuous half smile.

Vogie
2018-12-24, 09:49 PM
Jack be nimble, Jack be quick, Jack wound up with a broken neck.

I love your lack of self respect/ while you’re passed out on the deck/ I love my hands around your neck

... they seem to be really into neck stuff..

If you Dip 2 levels into warlock for At-will Silent Image... LOOK AT THIS PHOTOGRAPH

Bertulf
2018-12-24, 10:52 PM
Jack be nimble, Jack be quick, Jack wound up with a broken neck.

I love your lack of self respect/ while you’re passed out on the deck/ I love my hands around your neck

... they seem to be really into neck stuff..

If you Dip 2 levels into warlock for At-will Silent Image... LOOK AT THIS PHOTOGRAPH

Love the warlock idea. I already planned on doing that with dissonant whispers and say that and they get a psychic image which is why the flee. The image would be their loved one in a fan photo with my character

Max_Killjoy
2018-12-24, 11:20 PM
https://www.yesthievescan.com/thievescant-comic/badwinnie/

GlenSmash!
2018-12-26, 12:00 PM
Just be really bland but insist that all your abilities are "Hard".

Also be sure and use the same tune for all your songs :smallwink:

MilkmanDanimal
2018-12-26, 12:19 PM
If you want to properly capture the "spirit" of Nickelback, have an incredibly-low Charisma score and don't take proficiency in Performance. Might also want to consider a dip into Fiendlock, as the only way I have ever been able to imagine how a band like Nickelback ever achieved any success involves selling one's soul to some dark entity.

Man_Over_Game
2018-12-26, 12:29 PM
For those uninitiated in the success of Nickelback, by Embassador Deadpool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qgh4wSxAKqo

Vorpalchicken
2018-12-26, 08:15 PM
I'm so glad I skipped the deadpool movies

GlenSmash!
2018-12-27, 11:53 AM
I rather liked Deadpool.

And while I understand it's a joke, saying Nickleback is good because it's popular is like say McDonald's makes the best hamburgers because they make the most hamburgers.

Nickleback is the McDonald's of rock music.

jaappleton
2018-12-27, 11:57 AM
Every fiber of my being states that I want to hate the OP for utilizing Nickelback.

However, its to troll people... Which I find hilarious, and I want to high five him.

I'm very, very torn.

I'd suggest warping lyrics to achieve the desired effect, but it means you'd have to listen to Nickelback.

Laserlight
2018-12-27, 12:06 PM
Every fiber of my being states that I want to hate the OP for utilizing Nickelback.

However, its to troll people... Which I find hilarious, and I want to high five him.

I'm very, very torn.

I'd suggest warping lyrics to achieve the desired effect, but it means you'd have to listen to Nickelback.

Nah, just google Misheard Lyrics Nickelback. Or Snickersnack. Whatever.