PDA

View Full Version : Speculation Telekinesis without concentration. What spell level should it be?

Corran
2018-12-25, 03:19 PM
Here is telekinesis (https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Telekinesis#content).
Suppose we removed the concentration requirement. What spell level should it be in that case, in your opinion?

UnintensifiedFa
2018-12-25, 05:09 PM
I’d make it an 8th or 9th level, but change the duration to 8 hours, similar to foresight, it makes it into an interesting day long buff where you become a master of telekinesis.

Snowbluff
2018-12-25, 05:14 PM
Looking at bestow curse as an example, I’d say at least 2 more levels. I think Mass Suggestion is more targets and without concentration over suggestion.

Corran
2018-12-26, 01:03 PM
Looking at bestow curse as an example, I’d say at least 2 more levels. I think Mass Suggestion is more targets and without concentration over suggestion.
Ah, bestow curse could sure be a point of reference. I was thinking sth like 2 or 3 levels higher myself.

I’d make it an 8th or 9th level, but change the duration to 8 hours, similar to foresight, it makes it into an interesting day long buff where you become a master of telekinesis.
I like the idea of the increased duration, so that one could combine combat uses if this spell with out of combat coolness (and the increased duration really helps with the latter).