PDA

View Full Version : Copper Dragonborn Paladin 2/Sword Bard 3 Backstory ideas

MinMaxMunchking
2018-12-26, 06:58 AM
All right, I've done the crunch and have the spells ready for the upcoming Christmas/New Year one-shot in 5-6 hours, but the backstory lacks depth and I'm a bit burned atm to come up with something interesting.

Here's a springboard for you - he's a devotee of Hlal coming from a Temple of Million Mockeries. Fire off your ideas.
I'd post a link, but I'm below the 10 post minimum for it. Search for Hlal on Google, it's a dragon deity.

Kadesh
2018-12-26, 07:14 AM
It's a one shot. Roll it off from the backgrounds.

Man_Over_Game
2018-12-26, 07:09 PM
Your temple had something cruel happened to it by the followers of Cyric: An act of betrayal. One of the followers had either stolen a magical relic or killed one of the ancient heroes of your religion (your call) as a "prank" while disguised as one of your "more eccentric" members.

Afterwards, your temple sent out its knights in an act known as "The Last Laugh", which is the rare call to arms by your religion, usually to exact vengeance over justice. Those of Cyric laugh in madness, with no humor or life, and you've been set out to end their cackles.

You're a Hyena (Blade) for the Temple of Million Mockeries, and this is no laughing matter.

MinMaxMunchking
2018-12-26, 11:31 PM
Your temple had something cruel happened to it by the followers of Cyric: An act of betrayal. One of the followers had either stolen a magical relic or killed one of the ancient heroes of your religion (your call) as a "prank" while disguised as one of your "more eccentric" members.

Afterwards, your temple sent out its knights in an act known as "The Last Laugh", which is the rare call to arms by your religion, usually to exact vengeance over justice. Those of Cyric laugh in madness, with no humor or life, and you've been set out to end their cackles.

You're a Hyena (Blade) for the Temple of Million Mockeries, and this is no laughing matter.

That's an interesting take. Bond is the only field I left empty because I couldn't come up with anything meaningful. I had insane fun nevertheless, through the sheer power of Skywrite spell and a bit of controlled demolitioning of few key buildings/structures, I converted a Christian town into an epicenter of Hlal's dogma of free spirit, fun and joy :)
If it wasn't for me casting a Suggestion on my own party member, we would've ended the one-shot without a single point of damage hahahha.